• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Forge - First PC Gameplay (Custom Match + 4K Map Flythrough)

Weird, the Halo app (not H5:F) opens and immediately closes for me. Not sure what to do, might as well ignore it for now.

Edit: I read that the Halo app needs to launch to run the game, oh dear.

I got the same with the link posted earlier. Just search Halo on the store and you should see the Forge Bundle.

Downloading now, cant wait to play some customs.

Sweet! Thanks, dudes! I'm going to be on pretty much all day so I'll add my name to the GAF list for customs after I dl this anniversary update :/

LQX

Why is MS pussyfooting with the release of this thing? I cant find it at all. Ridiculous.

Damn, the Windows 10 store is slow as hell for me.

I can download a 40GB game within a day from Steam, Origin or Uplay, but I've been downloading Halo 5 Forge over the period of two days, what is this? lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
you cant just push a button to magically turn a game from one platform to another.

ccSYUHV.jpg

Whatever you say, MajorNelson.

Feint331

game keeps crashing to desktop after splash screen.

already tried deleting the halo app as others have suggested to no avail.

no error messages, or any indication of what the problem is ... ><

dLMN8R

Damn, the Windows 10 store is slow as hell for me.

I can download a 40GB game within a day from Steam, Origin or Uplay, but I've been downloading Halo 5 Forge over the period of two days, what is this? lol

Can you reply or PM me some details?

1) How fast is your internet connection?
2) How fast is the download going? (You can open Task Manager, sort by the network column, then look at transfer speed in megabits/sec)
3) What ISP?
4) What country?

Downloads from the Windows Store should be able to easily max out most internet connections. But I can send along details to the right people if they're not.

belushy

Banned
People still been playing this? I know its hard atm with no server browser buts it pretty nice when you do get a lobby going. Anyone wanna start trying to organize one?

Gamecheat13 released a new mod tool for Halo 5 Forge. It allows you to choose your armor and emblem, as well as set your FOV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XlriRF5ogA&feature=youtu.be&a

Um, what about 343 plans?
"They want to add an FOV slider into the game. As PC players, they want to give you a bigger FOV; it's not just going to be locked like it is on Xbox. Another thing they want to work on is not having the 60 FPS cap. Those are two priority things they want to do as soon as Halo 5 comes out. So don't complain too much at the beginning, because they are aware of changes they want to make for PC."
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/53847/fov-slider-unlocked-fps-coming-halo-5-forge/index.html

Is FPS still locked?

belushy

Banned
No word on when that would come officially yet, sadly. I would definitely rather use it all in game over using this tool, but I don't even know if we will see a new update for it.

I have been trying to play this as of late and the input lag is rather atrocious. Also it has rather unexplicable framedrops. Couple with no unlocked framerate and no ingame supported FOV means that it is IMO not a very good release for multiplayer on PC beyond the forge stuff as a result. A shame really, as a nice multiplayer halo package on PC would be wonderful.

I would legitimately be playing this every single day if the mouse aiming issues were fixed. That alone would be enough for me to pick it back up.

This is a clip of summit1G playing Halo 2 Vista, (one of the biggest streamers on Twitch) practically begging for a fixed version of the game on PC because he loves the game so much but refuses to play it until it's fixed. It's been over half a year and nothing has been done about it... what a waste.

https://clips.twitch.tv/summit1g/BrainyCarabeefSMSkull

belushy

Banned
I would legitimately be playing this every single day if the mouse aiming issues were fixed. That alone would be enough for me to pick it back up.

This is a clip of summit1G playing Halo 2 Vista, (one of the biggest streamers on Twitch) practically begging for a fixed version of the game on PC because he loves the game so much but refuses to play it until it's fixed. It's been over half a year and nothing has been done about it... what a waste.

https://clips.twitch.tv/summit1g/BrainyCarabeefSMSkull

343s biggest mistake was outsourcing it, because now we have to wait until both 343 and Sky box Labs have free time to discuss changes but I don't see it happening. I don't expect another update at this point.

343s biggest mistake was outsourcing it, because now we have to wait until both 343 and Sky box Labs have free time to discuss changes but I don't see it happening. I don't expect another update at this point.

Yeah, I would not expect any further news on this front till Halo 6 or until Scorpio releases, as they will inevitably have a scorpio H5 update of some sort, which will probably coincide (I presume, at least) with some push on the UWP side of things.

Top Bottom