• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta Behind the Scenes (direct feed vidoc footage)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i the grand scheme of halo, the smart scope debate is so fucking minor. its a visual change and thats it. i get it takes up more screen space.i get its not really needed. i get that it is trying to appeal to the "cod" crowd but its still a very minor change in the grand scheme of things. we are back to equal starts and map control. we have 60 fps. we have a focus on competitive play and arena maps. these are major changes for the better.dont let your personal preference on a nearly insignificant difference in scope take away all the gains.

Woorloog

Banned
i the grand scheme of halo, the smart scope debate is so fucking minor. its a visual change and thats it. i get it takes up more screen space.i get its not really needed. i get that it is trying to appeal to the "cod" crowd but its still a very minor change in the grand scheme of things. we are back to equal starts and map control. we have 60 fps. we have a focus on competitive play and arena maps. these are major changes for the better.dont let your personal preference on a nearly insignificant difference in scope take away all the gains.

The visual effect of ADS is fucking terrible. Just as bad as the function of it in most games.

But there's also Sprint, a far bigger issue. I did say over at HaloGAF thread that if i had to choose, i'd rather get rid of Sprint as the "smart scope" can be tuned to be nothing more than visual overhaul of the scope (unlike now, as it gives accuracy boost to some weapons apparently).

Sprint so terrible. And i don't think the shield-regen "compromise" solves the problem. Sprint is still needed for abilities (ie it is not an optional feature), it still makes the maps larger, it still allows easy running away. And it affects the control scheme negatively too. Can't play with proper Bumber Jumper (grenade switch on A, X for special ability).

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The visual effect of ADS is fucking terrible. Just as bad as the function of it in most games.

But there's also Sprint, a far bigger issue. I did say over at HaloGAF thread that if i had to choose, i'd rather get rid of Sprint as the "smart scope" can be tuned to be nothing more than visual overhaul of the scope (unlike now, as it gives accuracy boost to some weapons apparently).

Sprint so terrible. And i don't think the shield-regen "compromise" solves the problem. Sprint is still needed for abilities (ie it is not an optional feature), it still makes the maps larger, it still allows easy running away. And it affects the control scheme negatively too. Can't play with proper Bumber Jumper (grenade switch on A, X for special ability).
I agree, sprint is definitely a bigger concern. The changes sound effective though, and pro feedback seems to indicate the same, we'll see.

Top Bottom