• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta Trailer

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can't believe nobody made a thread. New thread for new news.

Trailer.

What can we extract from this trailer?

- Assault RIfle is back
- Battle Rifle is back
- Pistol is back
- Multiplayer still appears contextualized within the Halo lore like in Halo 4
- Spartan abilities are in, are not armor abilities., Ground Pound demonstrated (and perhaps a charge?). Clarification on what is meant by Spartan Abilities:
They aren't. The wording is confusing but it means. "features." Using h2 as an example, new features would have been dual wielding and boarding.

JB1981

They had the world in their grasp at the mention of 60fps, dedicated servers then lost everyone with 'new spartan abilities.'

RdN

"All new spartan abilities" have me very, very, VERY worried. It's like 343i hasn't learnt from Halo 4... I'm hoping that I'll be proven wrong.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They had the world in their grasp at the mention of 60fps, dedicated servers then lost everyone with 'new spartan abilities.'
You don't even know what they are yet, let alone how they affect the rest of the sandbox.

Mokoi

Banned
Wait they claimed 60 Fps on dedicated servers. Oh boy the scrutiny they will if get. If that claim is not held up.

Blacklion

Since I've never played any of the Halo titles "ducks" this is pretty exciting to me to get all that in one package.

Blueblur1

Gonna repost what I wrote in the other thread.

"New Spartan Abilities" screens mobility options. Maybe stuff like the Spartan sliding to a stop in the teaser video.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Lack of realtime ANYTHING from Halo 5 was massively disappointing. 2 years of CGI trailers?

Weird. A realtime trailer for SP campaign was %100 expected. Unless they are having a hard time reaching their 1080p 60fps goal, and didnt want to show anything off that would possibly get downgraded later?

cluto

"Arena" is the buzzword used in this trailer and by Bonnie Ross in the conference. Makes me think arena maps/gameplay catered to competitive and large vehicle maps for filthy casuals will be split up into two separate modes. Disappointing if that's the case, as I was in the group more-or-less situated between the two.

People already overreacting to "Spartan abilities"

The last time people overreacted, they ended up being entirely accurate with their assumptions.

klodeckel

Banned
"Arena" is the buzzword used in this trailer and by Bonnie Ross in the conference. Makes me think arena maps/gameplay catered to competitive and large vehicle maps for filthy casuals will be split up into two separate modes. Disappointing if that's the case, as I was in the group more-or-less situated between the two.

In the end, this is the only way to please everyone.

Well, I don't think it's an overreaction really. It's an addition that a lot of people didn't like particularly like - even in reach - and they were even more emphasized in Halo 4 than they were in Reach.

Basically, Halo 4 really burned a whole lot of people and so any gameplay additions carrying over from that into Halo 5 is worrying. And how fast Halo 4's playbase dropped off the map is testament to the fact that indeed a lot of people felt burned or didn't enjoy the multiplayer as much as past games, not just the hardcore crowd on GAF.

JamiieCarter

Neo Member
I wonder what this exclusive IGN news is regarding HALO?

Just been watching the 'Live Presents' and none of them are allowed to talk about it!

I'm thinking Spartan Abilities might lean more towards giving Spartan's more physicality.

In the trailer, a blue S4 slides into cover, a red S4 thrust charges, and another does a ground pound-esque attack.

So, thrusters are default for everyone and it could be that 343 is translating the fictional strength these augmented super soldiers are supposed to have into actual gameplay concepts with out having any armor abilities in play.

Caayn

In the end, this is the only way to please everyone.
Since when do games need to please everyone? Halo has always been an Arena style game. But suddenly since 4, and Reach somewhat, it needs to cater to everyone?
Why? It's something that doesn't belong in Halo, and yet after everything that happened we still need to point that out.

link1201

I would say reacting, not overreacting. "Abilities" was not what I loved about Halo, but we shall see. I am trying to remain as even-keeled as I can about this.

How is it over-reacting about the Spartan abilities? The last time we trusted 343 they gave us that shit pile Halo 4. The reason there is so much hype about Master Chief Collection is that people know what a good Halo game plays like and Halo 4 is NOT it. The MS and 343+ team has gained a lot of goodwill with the new announcements but it would be stupid to fall for the hype of Halo 5 with only a CG trailer.

WJD

"Spartan abilities" needs some desperate clarification. Other than that the teaser didn't seem to tell us anything we don't already know

mcrommert

Banned

And this is why people look down on gamers

Top Bottom