• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians - New Video/Trailer/"whatever-this-is" coming in 24 hours

Eos

AqtQe2d.png

COME ON
That's it
Cancelling my pre-order

theofficefan99

Am I the only one that thought this looked... weird?

Why not just do a full-blown CGI cinematic from Digic studios, or just do a nice in-game cinematic?

Why do some strange mish-mash?

Why not just do a full-blown CGI cinematic from Digic studios, or just do a nice in-game cinematic?

Why do some strange mish-mash?
My guess is that they wanted both the over the top stuff you'd only see in high quality CG cut-scenes, but also wanted to smoothly transition into gameplay, which this intro does, though we don't see it here.

I don't know if this has been answered before, and maybe Stinkles can answer this... if I buy this game digitally, is there going to be some hook in so that I can launch it through the MCC (like the way they added in ODST)?

Kssio_Aug

I don't know if this has been answered before, and maybe Stinkles can answer this... if I buy this game digitally, is there going to be some hook in so that I can launch it through the MCC (like the way they added in ODST)?

I don't think so. Cause Halo 5 and MCC are 2 gaming apps. It means MCC would need to close itself and open Halo 5 with that mechanic, and also that you would not be able to go back from Halo 5 to MCC menu.

Seems too much job for something that may not even work that well.

Doodis

My guess is that they wanted both the over the top stuff you'd only see in high quality CG cut-scenes, but also wanted to smoothly transition into gameplay, which this intro does, though we don't see it here.

A good point and for me, it's preferable to do it this way. Though I love full-blown CG, there is a disconnect when the game doesn't quite look as good. Graphics are good enough now that they can do this kind of hybrid and not have it be off-putting to jump right into the action.

Top Bottom