• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

Then I must be an old cat that is hanging on to vestigial design philosophies.

Just a question. What in your opinion separates something like Empire from something like the Pit (as they have similar looks)? What separates Truth from Midship (its direct predecessor)? Trying to look for some clarification is all. I will say that there is still a bit of a washed out look on some of the maps. But, in comparison to Halo 4, I would say that there is quite a bit more life in these maps (especially the forge spaces, as they have very nice looks and wide areas). The remixes also show a lot of creativity, especially Regret imo.

Glass

Also Frankie, there is something you NEED to patch into MP. When I pick up an SMG or a BR in Arean, it should be using my skin. I hate having weapons skins be for only my spawned gun.

Yeah I don't understand this. I have a BR skin, how am I ever going to see it when playing arena with AR/pistol starts? The first person to pick the weapon up should make the gun change to their skin, and it stays that skin if someone kills them and picks it off the dead guy. With cosmetic stuff being the only thing from REQ packs (outside of boosts) that work in arena, shouldn't they play a bigger role?

A weird juxtaposition in Campaign is the Spartan squads doing a bunch of dope stuff in the cutscenes followed 5 minutes later by a scene of them sauntering up in a line to try and revive you as they get gunned down one after another by a turret.

I died at least 2 or 3x because my dumbass AIs couldn't figure it out and pick me up.

2 times, Buck and Vale just glitched out next to me, stood there like statues, and just let me die.

Damn. Campaign was.. Fun!

Was a little bit meh fighting the same boss mutliple times, but since I was playing on normal he just took an incineration cannon shot or two and he went down like a chump while I listened to the storyline. Now i need to go back on easy and find all those intel packets.

As for Spoilerz...

I Called Cortana turning "Evil" waaaay early, but calling every god-dang AI in the galaxy to her bidding? Except for freaking Roland? Wow. Did NOT see that coming. Still sticking to the the old legends, huh? I'm feeling a Gestalt AI For H6 at the end.. Called Durandal.

Magwik

Banned
Playing with randoms sucks, I really need to get around to adding some Gaffers
DSNKTxp.jpg

In single player you rarely get a chance to shoot Hunters or Wardens in the back. They're constantly focused on you and you can't even thrust around them.

The game is definitely a lot better if played with a co-op group, the squad commands can not work as well when targeting hunters or
Wardens
and would be a lot more satisfying and worth it with a group.

E92 M3

Just a question. What in your opinion separates something like Empire from something like the Pit (as they have similar looks)? What separates Truth from Midship (its direct predecessor)? Trying to look for some clarification is all. I will say that there is still a bit of a washed out look on some of the maps. But, in comparison to Halo 4, I would say that there is quite a bit more life in these maps (especially the forge spaces, as they have very nice looks and wide areas). The remixes also show a lot of creativity, especially Regret imo.

I wish I played on Truth or Empire. The other maps present in slayer had very washed out colors and no natural terrain. I've always loved that Halo maps had a lot of nature around them. Whether it's snow, rain, sunset, waterfalls, hills, or anything else of that sort. I understand arena maps were designed with balance first, but I am in the school of thought that aesthetics are just as important.

For the record, I was never fond of The Pit. I believe Halo 2 had some of the best designed maps in the series.

CTF on Truth. sogood.gif

I played this exact set up (map/gametype) launch night and a guy on my team just sat in a corner with the opposing flag for literally seven minutes. No one could see him from the opposing team somehow? I thought he was waiting to score until the end but he didn't?

Is this a real tacitc?

GavinGT

Banned
Hope you guys are enjoying Halo 5! We are really proud of the work 343i accomplished with this game and we hope this game will satisfy long time Halo fans and those that are new to series. And maybe, I'll see some of you guys in the arena online! ;)

ntkrnl's alt account found?

Kalentan

Yeah I don't understand this. I have a BR skin, how am I ever going to see it when playing arena with AR/pistol starts? The first person to pick the weapon up should make the gun change to their skin, and it stays that skin if someone kills them and picks it off the dead guy. With cosmetic stuff being the only thing from REQ packs (outside of boosts) that work in arena, shouldn't they play a bigger role?

I got a sick SMG skin from Amazon and I feel like I will only ever see it if I play breakout. :/

Ok, could somebody please tell me where the hell the BR spawns on the Blue/Yellow breakout map?

It's not really a mode I have time to go hunting for it.

Pistol is obviously great, but I feel naked at medium-long range without one.

I was just ranked Gold with a KDA of 7.8 and my friends got ranked platinum with a KDA of 3.9 and 4.4. I got first place most of the matches we won too. Is the rank system just broken? Anyone with a similar problem? Frankie, any insight into this?

I was just ranked Gold with a KDA of 7.8 and my friends got ranked platinum with a KDA of 3.9 and 4.4. I got first place most of the matches we won too. Is the rank system just broken? Anyone with a similar problem? Frankie, any insight into this?

How many matches did you win?

I got Platinum with a 3.3 K/D but went 9-1.

Are you referring to FFA, or team based games?

If it's the latter, I believe only wins and losses count. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Strider

I was just ranked Gold with a KDA of 7.8 and my friends got ranked platinum with a KDA of 3.9 and 4.4. I got first place most of the matches we won too. Is the rank system just broken?

You played all your placement matches with them and had the same W/L or....? If so yea that's wierd.

Your placement is based on W/L, player stats and the competition you faced I'd assume. Once your placed then it's all W/L

tbh if you're better than your rank you'll climb anyway so it's not a big deal. You climb rank pretty fast too.

I played this exact set up (map/gametype) launch night and a guy on my team just sat in a corner with the opposing flag for literally seven minutes. No one could see him from the opposing team somehow? I thought he was waiting to score until the end but he didn't?

Is this a real tacitc?

No, that's griefing. People looking to drive up their K/Ds by donging on another team all through the game will snag the flag and hide with it.

Weird that they couldn't find him, Truth isn't a terribly large map.

Anyway, CTF Coliseum > All. Such sneaky routes!

So this game has a whole three multiplayer maps, right? Because that's my experience with arena. Come on now, I thought taking away voting was supposed to result in variety. Not that the maps have a lot of variety in the first place.

It would be nice someday to have a 343 designed map that isnt just a bunch of complicated metal looking boxes and tubes thrown into a blender. Some simple grass and stone, maybe a sunny day, might be nice someday. I dont think its any coincidence 343s best maps now and in the past have just been remakes or remixes of bungie's.
I need curves in my life, and places for my eyes to rest within the designs. Every time I play I feel like I'm being assaulted by a terminator junkyard. Sure all the details are pretty but not every map should look like this.

Guys I finally beat the campaign on Legendary and got the Legendary ending also, but I didn't get my achievements! Anyone know if this is a known bug/glitch?! When I look at the progress bar for beating it on Legendary it says 93% and I am positive I did not skip anything at all...

Halppp!

Kalentan

Got ranked Onyx in swat, not sure what the fuck for, 5 wins 5 losses

I don't think it's purely wins and losses. As I did kind of bad in Slayer, like 4-6 and went Plat.

SWAT I went 7-3 and got Onyx, but I did really good a lot of those matches.

So I think it does take a little bit of your personal performance into account.

I don't think it's purely wins and losses. As I did kind of bad in Slayer, like 4-6 and went Plat.

SWAT I went 7-3 and got Onyx, but I did really good a lot of those matches.

So I think it does take a little bit of your personal performance into account.

Yeah now i'm really guessing i got screwed over for my rank. What's your KDA in swat?

Pro tip

Make sure to invest in BRONZE req packs

These beauties will get you the weapon certs and Mods.

And then buy gold and silver packs to get the higher level weapons in each category.

Ugh I just can't get into enjoying the multiplayer. I'm super terrible at it and I can't find a control scheme/aim sensitivity that I can get used to. I wish you were able to customize both the sensitivity's for regular looking/aiming and then a separate sensitivity for when you're zoomed in.

for qualifying for ranks it is based on personal performance. After you are ranked it is based on wins, unless you rank onyx or champion and then it is based on a bunch of shit i dont know about because i will never be onyx or champion.

Strider

I thought they said prelaunch that you couldn't reach Onyx/Champion after placement matches? That's actually turned out to be false tho.

Or are they just gonna wait until seasons start to implement that?

Hawk269

I haven't even touched MP yet, I'm just having a blast with the campaign. Not sure why some people aren't digging the story.

I'm up to mission 12 and so far I am thoroughly enjoying it. Bravo 343i!

LMAO. I was catching up with the thread and was going to post the same thing. I am just about to start Mission 12. Mission 7 & 8 are probably the best 2 Halo levels of any of the games, I know people really love 8, but I liked 7 a little more. Both are fantastic levels. Taking it slow still, I am at 9 hrs on my Heroic run, still have Missions 12-end to do.

Top Bottom