• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

Ein Bear

Just finished campaign a couple of hours ago...

Honestly, I have no idea what they were thinking with the Locke stuff. There's a semblance of an interesting story going on in the game, with the Chief initially setting out to 'rescue' Cortana only to come to the slow realisation that she's nuts. But you don't actually get to see any of that because 80% of the screentime is wasted on the insanely dull Team Osiris who just wander around wondering what's going on.

There's a bit near the end where Osiris catch up with Blue Team and Chief says "She's dangerous. We know." and I was just like, fucking hell, Master Chief realising that would probably have been a really powerful moment if I'd gotten to see it. Shame I was stuck listening to these arseholes make dumb jokes about who's buying the first round instead.

That being said, the actual gameplay in this is the greatest in the series, and the campaign itself was incredibly fun to actually play.

Diamond 1 in SWAT now. What way does placing even work? And why when I am getting my placement am I coming up against Onyx/Diamond/Champion ranked people?

The aiming in this game is really odd and this seems to be the reason why

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=42414.0

Josh Holmes basically said "deal with it" so this was obviously on purpose.
I noticed some weird acceleration when turning when I first started playing, at sensitivity 5. I switched to 6 and that seemed to smooth things out. Don't know if that's a real fix or workaround, but I didn't notice the problem after that.

Korosenai

The aiming in this game is really odd and this seems to be the reason why

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=42414.0

Josh Holmes basically said "deal with it" so this was obviously on purpose.
I've noticed this and it's fucked me over in so many 1v1 fights. Aiming in the middle of a fight will suddenly go super slow and have what almost seems like negative aim assist. I'll get the first two shots perfect, and then my reticle just doesn't want to go on their head anymore and I get wrecked.

No, that's griefing. People looking to drive up their K/Ds by donging on another team all through the game will snag the flag and hide with it.

Weird that they couldn't find him, Truth isn't a terribly large map.

Anyway, CTF Coliseum > All. Such sneaky routes!

I watched them walk right past them a few times. I think there was no straight sightline to him (he was in one of the aboveground nooks) so the ones that did notice him would get pistoled.

Also "donging". lmfao

1.129, at least after my 11th match last night. (First match after placement.)

My K/D in Slayer is 1.165, and I have only played 10 matches in that.

My K/D is 1.6, KDA is 7.8 and i went 7-3 for the placement matches and got placed in freakin Gold. Go 343. Thanks for the info Kalentan.

E92 M3

Certs give you more of the weapons in that category.

For example a shotgun cert.

Mods are like one time use, faster reload, better radar etc.

Oh I see. I am more interested in the customization items. Yesterday got an awesome ultra rare stance called "assassination" or something.

kobu

I played the multiplayer last night for about 4 hours and the game was fun as hell but I'd be lying to myself if I said the game doesn't look bad. Some of these maps are so barren and uninspired with Pegasus being the worst offender with grass looking like it belongs on the ps2.

Zenner

Guys I finally beat the campaign on Legendary and got the Legendary ending also, but I didn't get my achievements! Anyone know if this is a known bug/glitch?! When I look at the progress bar for beating it on Legendary it says 93% and I am positive I did not skip anything at all...

Halppp!

In MCC Halo 2, I had to re-complete a finished level, which had somehow ended up with a negative score, before the achievement would pop. Maybe check your scores for each level here, too?

I've noticed this and it's fucked me over in so many 1v1 fights. Aiming in the middle of a fight will suddenly go super slow and have what almost seems like negative aim assist. I'll get the first two shots perfect, and then my reticle just doesn't want to go on their head anymore and I get wrecked.

Same, I didn't know if it was latency because I am Canadian and the "pros" live in Cali with fiber lol, or what. I had to knock aim up to 5 (might try 6 today) just to keep up with moving targets.

Something feels off, do they do the dynamic resolution stuff with pvp too? Maybe it's messing with our x and y aiming?

So I use these REQ cards while playing Warzone right? I keep getting duplicates of the weapons it seems. Just go up to one of the stations and use them?

Deadstar

Is there anyway to disable to rumble on reload? It starts to bother my fingers to have the triggers rumble every time I have to reload. Anyone else not like this feeling? I'm getting used to taking both fingers off the triggers when I know a reload is coming.

So I use these REQ cards while playing Warzone right? I keep getting duplicates of the weapons it seems. Just go up to one of the stations and use them?

Yup those are likely special weapons so you only get as many as you have cards for sorta thing. If you hate a certain gun or card you can also sel them for 50-150ish req points too

GavinGT

Banned

Yeah but your REQ level increases throughout each match (from 1 to 8), so you can't use the higher-level REQs until the the level is high enough.

watership

Two statements I've just read in chat with friends about this game.

"FFS. I think that may be the worst Halo I have ever played!"
"Dude. That was some of the best Halo experiences I have ever had since CE."

It was the best of games, it was the worst of games.

Glass

Things like weapons are one use thing. You use that card, it's gone. That's why you get duplicates. You can also press Y whilst youre dead to choose a REQ. The stations are for when you want to change or buy something new whilst youre alive.

Another pr0 tip is you can choose where to spawn if you have multiple bases.

Kalentan

Do you save your REQ points for gold? I feel they are pretty easy to get so I've been saving them for gold.

Another poster on this page said it's not bad to buy Bronze as it can give you certs, which then allow you to get more stuff in Gold and Silver.

Edit: Oops, this post went onto the next page. Last page, 101.

Ok, could somebody please tell me where the hell the BR spawns on the Blue/Yellow breakout map?

It's not really a mode I have time to go hunting for it.

Pistol is obviously great, but I feel naked at medium-long range without one.

Are you sure it's the fan and not the drive? The fan can't even spin fast enough to produce that kind of noise cause it's too big.

Yeah im not sure. All i know is when the game is rendering the graphics and im playing or customizing the spartan, it gets louder. When im in the menu it becomes whisper quiet.

I only noticed it when i was playing really late last night and had the volume really low.

i'll check today and see what is going on. It might be due to it being on almost all day and kind of in an enclosed tv stand.. even though the only thing that's on during the day is tv, netflix or youtube. =/

Purdy

Just for reference, what's your KDA?

It was pretty much 1.0

First 4 games were a breeze, and lost the next 3, won 1 and finally lost 2. That said first 4 were stomps and the rest were pretty close.

Not meant as a 'subtle brag' at all either, there is no way I'm close to Onyx as there were quite a few better people in the games I played

EDIT: Oh sorry you said KDA, not sure, won't be very high(if anything different to my KD?) as I pretty much only played SWAT

JeffG

I could be wrong but I think it's off for Warzone.

Too much chaos to have it on most likely.

Warzone is what I was thinking of playing. (Probably won't get to it till the weekend)

and I don't want to be rude and kill my own teammates but not understanding the "rules"

Yup those are likely special weapons so you only get as many as you have cards for sorta thing. If you hate a certain gun or card you can also sel them for 50-150ish req points too

Yeah but your REQ level increases throughout each match (from 1 to 8), so you can't use the higher-level REQs until the the level is high enough.

Things like weapons are one use thing. You use that card, it's gone. That's why you get duplicates. You can also press Y whilst youre dead to choose a REQ. The stations are for when you want to change or buy something new whilst youre alive.

Another pr0 tip is you can choose where to spawn if you have multiple bases.

Thanks! Reminds me of Tribes in a way...

Two statements I've just read in chat with friends about this game.

"FFS. I think that may be the worst Halo I have ever played!"
"Dude. That was some of the best Halo experiences I have ever had since CE."

It was the best of games, it was the worst of games.

Funny to hear different people write things like that. Halo for different people means different things. Especially as the series has progressed through it's various styles and now developers. I know my opinions on what "Halo is" differs from others since I've been playing Halo since 2001. Although I'm probably unique in that I've liked all of the Halo games, for different reasons.

After playing Halo 5 for a bit over a day now (MP only), and playing a lot of Halo 1-4 MP on MCC recently, I feel confident in putting this up there near the top of my favorite Halo MP games so far.

Can't comment on the single player yet as I'm still working through all of the campaigns again in MCC (damn my life that gets in way!).

I thought I was the only one experiencing this. Had me feeling like I got out of tune with Halo after some years

I noticed it when using the carbine but not the pistol for some reason.

I played 1 Team Slayer game going 22-6-5, Pistol felt great, but for some reason, it's like I couldn't get the last headshot with carbine, wonder if that's the problem.

shoreu

Awesome games dude, and everyone else we played with!

I'm sorry about that accidental plasmacaster betrayal.

Despite several attempts, no enemies were killed, and one teammate accidentally was.

I don't like that weapon, even though I love sticky grenades.

lol it's ok 10 outta 13 wins excuses it lmfao

Top Bottom