• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
lol this game

there's a 12 year old LOUDLY HUMMING the 117 theme over the mic in the pregame lobby and the option to mute players in the lobby is non existent so I have to take my whole headset off.

You can actually turn off non friend chat in xbox.com settings I believe.

RoKKeR

her voice is <3

She talks?

Only partially kidding.

Also Frankie because I know you are reading – please buy a beer for whoever made the call to axe map/gametype voting. Even if you end up with a map
*cough* Forge maps *cough*
that you aren't the biggest fan of, it is so much than being at the mercy of people voting Haven 100 fuckin' times straight.

E92 M3

She talks?

Only partially kidding.

Also Frankie because I know you are reading – please buy a beer for whoever made the call to axe map/gametype voting. Even if you end up with a map
*cough* Forge maps *cough*
that you aren't the biggest fan of, it is so much than being at the mercy of people voting Haven 100 fuckin' times straight.

I agree

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
lol this game

there's a 12 year old LOUDLY HUMMING the 117 theme over the mic in the pregame lobby and the option to mute players in the lobby is non existent so I have to take my whole headset off.
Why don't you join him in humming?

sora87

Well, just finished it, it was a fun romp, nothing spectacular. I enjoyed having 3 AI buddies, even if they can be a bit stupid at times.. especially in vehicles. I found myself being killed out of nowhere a few times which was annoying but all in all normal difficulty was fine. Campaign felt short and safe, very by the numbers. I'm not too involved with the story but I definitely didn't get the sense of anything epic at play here.

Might try some MP later, although I suck at things like that so who knows.

IHaveIce

Banned
Breakout should be out of Team Arena... It really is too different from the other gametypes to make a fair judgement what rank I should have in the playlist.

Just add every 4v4 map into team Arena that isn't breakout and put all objectives on the maps... so it is enough.

Hopefully they release Oddball etc soon enough so competive tournaments will not be 2 gametypes only again.

I don't get the Osiris hate. Sure, individually they might be dull, but so is everyone in Blue Team besides Chief. I think they captured Vale's naivete / lack of real field experience extremely well, Buck's unfamiliarity with his Spartan capabilities, and Tanaka is by far my favorite character, if not one of my favorites in the whole franchise. It's really easy to empathise with who she is as a character, and despite being a bit younger she's seen just as much shit as Buck, if not more. I really enjoyed watching their relationship unfold and Buck respecting Tanaka and vice-versa just as Buck would his squad by the end of it all.

Also, just from the Osiris intro: Tanaka smashes through a Banshee in freefall, yeah, but what a lot of people don't notice is that she specifically adjusts course to overtake Buck and smashes into it deliberately - same thing with flipping over a Wraith as she lands, smashing through the boulder and more or less throwing Grunts into her line of fire rather than taking the time to get into position. The Engineer / Medic thing she has going on is totally apparent, and I love how she's more or less the muscle / big guy of Osiris by proxy of making all these pinpoint calculations to optimize her attacks.

The way Kelly pronounces (major spoilers)
Cortana as "CURTANNER" is hilarious, too.

Breakout should be out of Team Arena... It really is too different from the other gametypes to make a fair judgement what rank I should have in the playlist.

Just add every 4v4 map into team Arena that isn't breakout and put all objectives on the maps... so it is enough.

Hopefully they release Oddball etc soon enough so competive tournaments will not be 2 gametypes only again.

I'm sure they will update as the game enters it's first month. Right off the bat id say it's not bad mode wise. Short, of course... but not bad!

E92 M3

I don't get the Osiris hate. Sure, individually they might be dull, but so is everyone in Blue Team besides Chief. I think they captured Vale's naivete / lack of real field experience extremely well, Buck's unfamiliarity with his Spartan capabilities, and Tanaka is by far my favorite character, if not one of my favorites in the whole franchise. It's really easy to empathise with who she is as a character, and despite being a bit younger she's seen just as much shit as Buck, if not more. I really enjoyed watching their relationship unfold and Buck respecting Tanaka and vice-versa just as Buck would his squad by the end of it all.

Also, just from the Osiris intro: Tanaka smashes through a Banshee in freefall, yeah, but what a lot of people don't notice is that she specifically adjusts course to overtake Buck and smashes into it deliberately - same thing with flipping over a Wraith as she lands, smashing through the boulder and more or less throwing Grunts into her line of fire rather than taking the time to get into position. The Engineer / Medic thing she has going on is totally apparent, and I love how she's more or less the muscle / big guy of Osiris by proxy of making all these pinpoint calculations to optimize her attacks.

I am only on Mission 2, but as soon as they gave me control of chief, it just felt like being home. Halo will always be Master Chief for me.

Outrun

You know, pre-launch, I did not care for them.

But after beating the game, I have a healthy respect for them.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Frankie, I'm not sure if you can shed some light on this or not but will it ever be possible for Halo 5 to allow full controller remapping (not through the Xbox One system level, but through the game) so we can make our own controller layouts? No controller layout so far feels right, and I think a few changes for me would fix the problems I'm having. It would be awesome if this could be patched in.

Homeboyd

lol this game

I love that I can talk to random people on live again. Coming from Destiny where less than 0.00001% of people opt in fireteam chat. I want to talk to everyone.. my team and the other. It's great.

Why don't you join him in humming?

same reason i disabled spartan chatter. ruining my #immersion&#8482;

I love that I can talk to random people on live again. Coming from Destiny where less than 0.00001% of people opt in fireteam chat. I want to talk to everyone.. my team and the other. It's great.

having it permanently on is just as bad as having it permanently off. options are cool.

Just finished the game, co-op on legendary. My reaction:

tumblr_mo9qqspnvn1r9zsjsjh.gif

Halo 6 is going to be something alright. Fantastic campaign, had loads of fun but there were a few frustrating parts not in that they were hard but they were repetition of something concerning the story,
the fucking Warden and him coming back every second.

I gotta say though the score to mission 14 was amazing, it felt like a celebration of the Halo universe. Also (Major Spoilers)
Cortana totally turned into Ocelot in MGS4 by the end of the game, gave me chills. Halo 6 is going to be insane going by what just unfolded.

Good shit. Now to solo it on legendary while playing some MP on the side.

Archpath1

Another if it's just one person being annoying you can just, dash ,then to friends, change to recent players ,select profile make him mute too

Did anyone else trade their Collector's code for a physical copy? I still haven't gotten mine yet. Seems like a shitty thing to do to someone who paid $250 for your game.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
After installing for 3 hours or so last night, got home played Mission 1 in campaign but then got invited to a party of Gaffers and decided to play one match of Warzone. Two hours later still playing Warzone.

So much fun.

Sai

Playing solo, or with a party?
I've only played two matches of Arena Slayer thus far, first one with a couple of friends late last night with no mics for whatever reason, and the other by myself about an hour ago.

I should be playing with a party that I can communicate with, but I'm honestly hesitant to send invites to some of the folks I see on my roster because I don't want to hold anyone back.

I'm not terrible, I'd say; just inconsistent at the moment. :/

MihowZa

Banned
After installing for 3 hours or so last night, got home played Mission 1 in campaign but then got invited to a party of Gaffers and decided to play one match of Warzone. Two hours later still playing Warzone.

So much fun.

I'm mildly not good but ZamBamBigelow if anyone needs more for Warzones

Top Bottom