• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

DxohYf9.gif

This should at least be in the OT

Now THIS is an OT worthy of a mainline Halo game. Great work OP!

Trying to stay positive, but all the mixed reviews of the campaign, the less then stellar technical analysis from DF, and (mild) anxiety over the functionality of the MP is kind of killing my hype. :/

Less than stellar? They got a 60fps lock on a sandbox shooter with reasonable graphics and large, open levels with pretty high enemy density. Halo was never about the graphics for me, it was about the gameplay, and from the reviews it seems like they nailed it.

The only compromise for 60fps I might notice are the 30fps enemy animations but they won't even need to be animated once I've had my way with them.

Don't think I like Warzone. The maps are gifuckingnormous so a lot of time is wasted trying to get to the action. The massive skirmishes can be intense when I get a good streak going, but it feels like they seldom happen. And then you die and have to hoof it back over to the action again. It only picks up towards the end of the game.

Dunno. Maybe we just need to run it with a full team that can coordinate vehicles and stuff.

Jinaar

XBOX Elite Controller out for delivery.
HALO 5 Pre-Installed yesterday.
40 Minutes to go for the work day to end.

What a time to live in!!!

Don't think I like Warzone. The maps are gifuckingnormous so a lot of time is wasted trying to get to the action. The massive skirmishes can be intense when I get a good streak going, but it feels like they seldom happen. And then you die and have to hoof it back over to the action again.

Dunno. Maybe we just need to run it with a full team that can coordinate vehicles and stuff.

I haven't played it yet but I think the mode would benefit from having some unlimited use vehicle cards that are more expensive than the standards. Obviously not things like Phaetons but an unlimited use Mongoose card and Warthog card that everyone starts with but costs 1-2 more REQ energy than the existing expendable cards would probably help a lot with the "too much running" issue.

JackHerer

7 hours 7 minutes for us east coasters. The time is near.

I am gonna go into campaign first but this might be my first Halo were I actually play MP before completing the story. I'm just that hyped for solid PvP again.

Don't think I like Warzone. The maps are gifuckingnormous so a lot of time is wasted trying to get to the action. The massive skirmishes can be intense when I get a good streak going, but it feels like they seldom happen. And then you die and have to hoof it back over to the action again.

So, Battlefield Halo?

e4c26ec4a36a5ba22e7e1789890658e9.jpg

I haven't played it yet but I think the mode would benefit from having some unlimited use vehicle cards that are more expensive than the standards. Obviously not things like Phaetons but an unlimited use Mongoose card and Warthog card that everyone starts with but costs 1-2 more REQ energy than the existing expendable cards would probably help a lot with the "too much running" issue.

Not even that. I just think it needs more focus. I see all the waypoints and objectives but don't really get a sense of urgency to go anywhere or do anything.

ryan299

Don't think I like Warzone. The maps are gifuckingnormous so a lot of time is wasted trying to get to the action. The massive skirmishes can be intense when I get a good streak going, but it feels like they seldom happen. And then you die and have to hoof it back over to the action again. It only picks up towards the end of the game.

Doesn't take long at all. You can spawn at any of the bases your team has captured and quickly run over to other bases.

Bsigg12

what's the ETA on this unlocking digitally?

In the US? 7 hours from now.

Not even that. I just think it needs more focus. I see all the waypoints and objectives but don't really get a sense of urgency to go anywhere or do anything.

You could either be the asshole killing everyone and taking bases or focus on killing bosses. Personally, I always try to maintain 2 bases and if a legendary boss appeared, bring in a power weapon to go take it down.

link1201

If the enemy has all 3 bases I agree but otherwise it doesn't seem that bad to me. I haven't played the new mode though.

Compsiox

Banned
Code for disk exchange was the biggest fucking mistake ever.

It might not even get here tomorrow. I did it the same day I got the LCE :(

Doesn't take long at all. You can spawn at any of the bases your team has captured and quickly run over to other bases.

yea once you've captured stuff it picks up.

the whole thing feels a bit anticlimatic to me though. the way i described it a while ago was "a lot of stuff going on, but nothing actually happening." i'll be on the other side of the map and then all of a sudden the scoreboard pops up and i can't help but feel like a spectator.

Warzone Assault is a bit better for the last part.

shiba5

Are all 3 episodes of Fall of Reach unlocked? I have the limited edition console, but when I click on episode 2 it tells me to "buy Halo".

In the US? 7 hours from now.

You could either be the asshole killing everyone and taking bases or focus on killing bosses. Personally, I always try to maintain 2 bases and if a legendary boss appeared, bring in a power weapon to go take it down.

I was the asshole camping that big building with the Sword for half of the game lol

jiggles

Banned
I think Warzone is fun, but it seems like it's fundamentally broken.

I mean, if a boss pops up and we do all the work whittling it down for someone on the other team to steal ALL the VP from a mile away last-hitting it with a spartan laser (that they potentially paid real money to REQ), it's just bullshit.

Join your old friend Elzar for some Warzone.

www.twitch.tv/ElzarTheBam

Mini FAQ

Who are you?

You old friend Elzar

Who is your team mates?

People from HaloGAF

Why are you playing Warzone?

Because I don't have a team for Arena and the also the European servers aren't up yet.

Do you hate anyone?

Yes, people from HaloGAF.

Thank you for your patience.

Glass

As far as the getting around the map part, if you control a base you can choose which one to spawn on, and every smaller base (the one near your base and the enemies) has a man canon on the top level pointing at the large middle base.

Also mongooses seem so plentiful from REQ packs, I bet you could use them early on to get from A to B, before saving up for more powerful stuff later on in the match.

But yeah I think there's going to be alot of runners early on as people get used to the mode. A lot of bosses maybe just hanging around being ignored. Once people learn the mode, I bet things will speed up.

Loomba

My Xbox arrived today, so I bought halo on the marketplace and it's only on 27% after 2 hours... I don't think I'll be playing it at midnight :(

As far as the getting around the map part, if you control a base you can choose which one to spawn on, and every smaller base (the one near your base and the enemies) has a man canon on the top level pointing at the large middle base.

Also mongooses seem so plentiful from REQ packs, I bet you could use them early on to get from A to B, before saving up for more powerful stuff later on in the match.

But yeah I think there's going to be alot of runners early on as people get used to the mode. A lot of bosses maybe just hanging around being ignored. Once people learn the mode, I bet things will speed up.

Yea once I found the man cannons it wasn't that bad. Raid is smaller than ARC so it's a little faster.

ironcreed

Banned

I mean, if a boss pops up and we do all the work whittling it down for someone on the other team to steal ALL the VP from a mile away last-hitting it with a spartan laser (that they potentially paid real money to REQ), it's just bullshit.

Can't lie, that does sound like bullshit. From what I have seen Warzone looks amazing, but I am just going to have to see for myself.

Living on the best coast is awesome, I'm going to pick up my physical copy at 9pm from Gamestop tonight. I never knew they stopped doing midnight releases at least in my area.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
So impatience won, I've bought the game digitally. I guess the physical copy can sit on my shelf or something, whenever it arrives.

I'm going to be living vicariously through all you guys who will be playing tonight. :/ Save some donging for me.. I have to wait about a month.

Tunavi

Banned
Join your old friend Elzar for some Warzone.

www.twitch.tv/ElzarTheBam

Mini FAQ

Who are you?

You old friend Elzar

Who is your team mates?

People from HaloGAF

Why are you playing Warzone?

Because I don't have a team for Arena and the also the European servers aren't up yet.

Do you hate anyone?

Yes, people from HaloGAF.

Thank you for your patience.
Oh and post your isp speed

daedalius

They still have to have earned the req energy during the game to get said Spartan laser.

So... Kill it faster for your own team.

Top Bottom