• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

Glass

I think Warzone is fun, but it seems like it's fundamentally broken.

I mean, if a boss pops up and we do all the work whittling it down for someone on the other team to steal ALL the VP from a mile away last-hitting it with a spartan laser (that they potentially paid real money to REQ), it's just bullshit.

How good would it feel to be the one with the laser doing that to the other team though ;)

etta

my hard graphic balls

I mean, if a boss pops up and we do all the work whittling it down for someone on the other team to steal ALL the VP from a mile away last-hitting it with a spartan laser (that they potentially paid real money to REQ), it's just bullshit.

Or, if you see Blue team come in to help you, you kill them while they are preoccupied with shooting the AI like the conniving little backstabbers Red team are.
Or maybe the VP splits up no matter who last hits.
I doubt people will want to split VP, which leads to the first scenario.

I've been having a ton of fun just jumping from SP legendary to MP. So damn good, really the mobility and verticality presented in both the SP as well as MP is something else. The servers seem to be damn stable as well but who knows what will happen when it will actually release.

Yeah that's really frustrating, in that scenario it would be nice if it would dish out points to both teams based on how much damage each team dealt.

jesu

3 hours to go and I'm already fucking steamin.
Straight into Arena and get destroyed for 10 matches, probably earn enough to buy a bronze pack by then.
What a time to be alive.

jesu

Kill that guy with the spartan laser silly.
Why do you have my dog as your avvie btw?

Breakout on Altitude

60840ea2_sogood.gif

People complaining about getting their 150 VP legendary bosses stolen by a last hit must not have seen the suffering MOBA players go through...

So many lost dragons and Barons and Roshans... and your team flames you for letting them last hit it :(

I think the last hits should stay in the game, because just like in MOBA games, they're a cheeky way to make a comeback if you're losing hard, and Warzone could probably use some of those.

BraXzy

Might stream for a bit if anyone is interested in watching a few gaffers playing Arena. But then again it might make me lag :L

Ferny

My work day has consisted of refreshing both OTs multiple times every minute. If work production worked like KDA, mine would be negative.

Req packs aren't used in arena FYI

Yup, only in Warzone unless you're talking about getting cosmetic stuff for your character. Plus you start with 7000+ REQ credits unless my game glitched. It seems that by playing 10 or so games you'd be able to get 1 gold pack since it's 10,000 assuming you're starting from 0 REQ credits.

Gotta say. I think I actually prefer the gunplay in 4.

Weird. Everything looks, sounds and feels much better than 4 ever did.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
anyone gonna try to solo it legendary their first try with the new controls?

I think ill try it on heroric first... then co-op legendary! I really want to see the other HUDs.
that was really a cool detail decision. Im super excited to see what they add to halo 6.

Its Legendary or GTFO for me.

a.wd

Ok after scanning the 10 or so halo threads, I am settling here review thread appears to be a shitshow and there is soo much anger in all the others think I'm going to stay here where it's sa- *sees elzar*... Dammit...

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Yup, only in Warzone unless you're talking about getting cosmetic stuff for your character. Plus you start with 7000+ REQ credits unless my game glitched. It seems that by playing 10 or so games you'd be able to get 1 gold pack since it's 10,000 assuming you're starting from 0 REQ credits.

Weird. Everything looks, sounds and feels much better than 4 ever did.

Not to me. It looks better obviously, but I reckon 4 sounds and plays better.

Obscured

Join your old friend Elzar for some Warzone.

www.twitch.tv/ElzarTheBam

Mini FAQ

Who are you?

You old friend Elzar

Who is your team mates?

People from HaloGAF

Why are you playing Warzone?

Because I don't have a team for Arena and the also the European servers aren't up yet.

Do you hate anyone?

Yes, people from HaloGAF.

Thank you for your patience.

Clicked, saw enough to make me sad again I can't play yet. Saw enough to see an "Oh no!" as you were running into some enemies into another "Oh no!" as there were some more coming up on outside. I expect to be uttering many "Oh no!" in the days ahead.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
You should pop that game in again and see because I don't think so and I have played alot of Halo 4 both back in the day and with MCC but hey, opinions and all haha.

I have MCC. Played SWAT the other day. Then played SWAT in 5 last night. 4 feels better to me. Maybe it's the reduced auto aim in 5 that's got me feeling this way. They've REALLY reduced it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Clicked, saw enough to make me sad again I can't play yet. Saw enough to see an "Oh no!" as you were running into some enemies into another "Oh no!" as there were some more coming up on outside. I expect to be uttering many "Oh no!" in the days ahead.

Elzar is an "Oh no!"

jiggles

Banned
People complaining about getting their 150 VP legendary bosses stolen by a last hit must not have seen the suffering MOBA players go through...

So many lost dragons and Barons and Roshans... and your team flames you for letting them last hit it :(

I think the last hits should stay in the game, because just like in MOBA games, they're a cheeky way to make a comeback if you're losing hard, and Warzone could probably use some of those.

I know the pain of losing a Rosh, or even (horror) having the Aegis stolen, but they have to be close to the pit to pull it off, so the attacking team at least has an idea where they'll be doing it from. In this it can come from absolutely anywhere, as long as they have line-of-sight. And when you lose a Rosh, you aren't left wondering if it was the result of the other player's credit card.

daedalius

I know the pain of losing a Rosh, or even (horror) having the Aegis stolen, but they have to be close to the pit to pull it off, so the attacking team at least has an idea where they'll be doing it from. In this it can come from absolutely anywhere, as long as they have line-of-sight. And when you lose a Rosh, you aren't left wondering if it was the result of the other player's credit card.

Your team still has to earn the energy to call in that Spartan laser. You can't just "credit card" it in whenever you want

Sai

I have MCC. Played SWAT the other day. Then played SWAT in 5 last night. 4 feels better to me. Maybe it's the reduced auto aim in 5 that's got me feeling this way. They've REALLY reduced it.
I was just about to reply to you about this. But yeah, aim assist/"sticky" aim is probably the lowest it's been since Halo CE, or ever. So, there's going to be an adjustment period, but it is ultimately a very good thing.

witness

I'm waking up an hour early at 4:30am tomorrow to play some before my morning routine and work. Otherwise I'd have to wait all day until after work. Don't think I've done that for another game.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I was just about to reply to you about this. But yeah, aim assist/"sticky" aim is probably the lowest it's been since Halo CE, or ever. So, there's going to be an adjustment period, but it is ultimately a very good thing.

So that's what I'm noticing then? It just feels....stiff to me. It's almost like I have to keep making minute corrections to my aiming.

Is there a limit of how high you can rank off your 10 placement matches? LIke, if you absolutely kill it for your 10 matches, can you place in Onyx or Champion? Or do you max at like... Platinum and have to work your way up?

Top Bottom