• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Forge now. Folks should now be able to tweak and edit maps and modes to perfection.

In fact, why not run HaloGAF Customs again? It's a saturday. Right then. Tonight.

Official Start time.

2am UK
9pm EST

F1j4d8P.png

Fee free to start warm ups beforehand. Smaller games until lobby fills out. Rotating player spaces if full, first come basis. At least 1 hour of games - no end time, just when everyone leaves. I might rotate the host for whatever reasons.

Map suggestions - pm here on here before start time or just reply in this thread with details

To join: my GT (Slightly Live) - send me a message for an invite

Recommendations, suggestions, et al welcome.

I'm a bit selfish because as a Community Cartographer I can use these Customs to find some quality HaloGAF maps and get them tested. @)

I'm game.

guys, guys....

The rail gun, only today has it clicked with me and now i'm good with it and it's all due to one small thing, the way you can shoot the slug.

In halo 4 you had to hold the trigger until it charged up and shot, in halo 5 if you do that it takes forever to shoot and you die before you can hit anyone but I now realise that you only need to have the visual charge bar filled to fire the shot, you can let go of the trigger when the bar's fill up to shoot the slug early.

This makes all the difference! the thing is a beast when you learn to control the release of the shot.

visual example:

Charge time if held forever
[--------------------]

Time needed to fill up the charge bars on the crosshair
[----------]----------

guys, guys....

The rail gun, only today has it clicked with me and now i'm good with it and it's all due to one small thing, the way you can shoot the slug.

In halo 4 you had to hold the trigger until it charged up and shot, in halo 5 if you do that it takes forever to shoot and you die before you can hit anyone but I now realise that you only need to have the visual charge bar filled to fire the shot, you can let go of the trigger when the bar's fill up to shoot the slug early.

This makes all the difference! the thing is a beast when you learn to control the release of the shot.

visual example:

[--------------------]

[----------]----------

Actually you could do something similar like that in 4 but it wasn't that visually easy to tell it was all about timing. I played allot of RocketRail and learned how to do it from that gametype.

Caja 117

guys, guys....

visual example:

[--------------------]

[----------]----------

Yup, some players are beast with that weapon.

Actually you could do something similar like that in 4 but it wasn't that visually easy to tell it was all about timing. I played allot of RocketRail and learned how to do it from that gametype.

Now that I know this little detail of the weapon I was getting so many kills with it! it's made the railgun 10 times better for me to pick up now.

BraXzy

[--------------------]

[----------]----------

I remember reading something about this but didn't really know what they were on about. I need to try this now :O

Whiplash is about to open an even bigger can of whoopass.

Now that I know this little detail of the weapon I was getting so many kills with it! it's made the railgun 10 times better for me to pick up now.

Yeah if you are going to become a railgun main you just need practice with it and learn its timing then you can become real boss at it, Halo 4 helped allot with me learning the weapon and now its about as fluid with me as a rocket launcher.

Caja 117

Does waypoint has a search options for forge maps? Kind it was with Halo 3 and Reach were I could look in the webpage and that would download in my xbox, IMO one of the best features present in any Halo game.

BraXzy

Has anyone seen this yet? Amazing what people are doing in forge already!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Brannax/video/13336276

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Brannax/video/13336314

WOW! That is seriously awesome.

The Infection and Slenderman maps will be legendary once we get the game types supported.

I can't believe we still don't have any. I really hope the Forge release isn't stunted because people can only make maps in advance outside of Slayer. The infection games will be insane but if we have to wait till January to start putting the pieces together people might have moved on :(

singhr1

Yeah Forge is going to remain pretty gimped until they add in the missing gametypes. Which I really hope is next month at the latest.

I wouldn't mind just adding gametypes in January as the main update. With the holidays + moving offices, Jan. update is not going to be as big as this in terms of just pure content

Madness

I wouldn't mind just adding gametypes in January as the main update. With the holidays + moving offices, Jan. update is not going to be as big as this in terms of just pure content

I think more maps are definitely going to be added, even if they're just Forge creations, for every subsequent monthly release.

messing with forge I just discovered that you can use a FOV in or FOV out as a filter, using the out version raises your view to 90 degrees or at least close to it and wow does it feel better then the default.

The fact that the game can do this means we should be able to change it ourselves or the game should have a much better FOV as default instead of the zoomed in feel.

Raide

Not sure how it works in terms of sharing but if anyone want to check out The Longest Yard. Will probably revisit this for layout purposes later on, since this is my first shot at making a map in Halo 5.

I might work on the CTF variant as but I wild hopefully move onto more Quake maps.

wwm0nkey

messing with forge I just discovered that you can use a FOV in or FOV out as a filter, using the out version raises your view to 90 degrees or at least close to it and wow does it feel better then the default.

The fact that the game can do this means we should be able to change it ourselves or the game should have a much better FOV as default instead of the zoomed in feel.

Pictures:

Strider

I semi feel like this deserves its own thread since it is a hidden option that a lot of people would want, even if it is on a permap basis

I don't think it's necessary to create a thread for some option that we can just ask for here. We know 343 reads this thread...

It'd be dope to have a FoV slider but at the same time if it's on a map per map basis that'd suck.

If I can get a wider FoV all the time without sacrificing fps than hell yea I'd want it... Otherwise I'd pass on it.

wwm0nkey

I don't think it's necessary to create a thread for some option that we can just ask for here. We know 343 reads this thread...

It'd be dope to have a FoV slider but at the same time if it's on a map per map basis that'd suck.

If I can get a wider FoV all the time without sacrificing fps than hell yea I'd want it... Otherwise I'd pass on it.
Wish i could see if there were any frame drops with the higher FOV filter but I don't have anything to measure it.

grrr why does it feel like I need to pistol hit someone 7 times to drop their shields more often then not, while mine go down in 3-4 hits... please 343 show me my ping

I was hoping to find a glitch to carry forge settings into other modes but I doubt that's possible lol

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Have they said anything about adding in a reconnect feature? The tech should be there since JiP is possible right? For how competitively designed the game is, no reconnect seems like a weird omission.

I shot a standing enemy and his shields did not respond until after the second hit landed, that tells me I am one shot behind in most battles so i'm just going to quit if my ping is going to be 200ms+ from now on.

I'm diamond 1 in team arena because I love objective game types, any time a team DM appears in team arena I do so poorly at this level it's so sad.

Oh hey look at that 3rd slayer match in a row in team arena.

*edit* team arena is ruined for me until another rank reset if i'm going to keep getting TDM games instead of objective.

malfcn

Can they do a game type that you have unlimited ammo, but only have to reload if you don't get a head shot or body shot?

It would be like extreme Swat.

So I never paid much attention to the aiming complaints, but....omg I just decided to go into settings and put inner dead zone at 0%, the game plays completely different and in a good way. It feels like classic Halo aiming now. Just wtf is 343i smoking putting that in the base game, and thank god they patched in the option to remove it.

One thing 343i is proving with Halo 5 is great support and listening to feedback/complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom