• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

JackHerer

Removing radar won't kill Halo's population lol, that's crazy talk for whoever believes that. It needs to go, especially at higher levels. Keep it on for social and ranks below Gold or Plat if they really want to, but it needs to be removed from Diamond+ because that's like giving a metal cleats to soccer players.

I am actually starting to think this is the best course of action. It would also makes autos less OP as a side effect. No more switching to SMG and crouching when you see a red dot (which is far too effective at the moment in H5).

Try reading that sentence again but slower this time.

That's what you get for trying to make Mum jokes in here G0SU ^^

CaqUDwzUAAA6yuS.jpg

BraXzy

It's a weekend playlist to celebrate the super bowl.

Oh that was just for the weekend again? I thought it'd be another thing that ran for a bit. Still annoying that they removed those Social playlists they put in with no replacement.

Cranster

Banned

Removing radar won't kill Halo's population lol, that's crazy talk for whoever believes that. It needs to go, especially at higher levels. Keep it on for social and ranks below Gold or Plat if they really want to, but it needs to be removed from Diamond+ because that's like giving metal cleats to soccer players.
Removing the Motion Tracker will do more harm than good. It's been a part of the game since Halo 1 and I would quit playing Halo online if it was removed. Halo 5's crappy 18 metre motion tracker make's situational awareness annoying alone due to the fact that you rarely have a fighting chance when a corner camper ambushes you from your flank and they are not even in range on the motion tracker but in somehow in range to shoulder charge.

Shit would be worse without thr Motion Tracker, period.

Couldn't have said it better myself lol. Ram your reasoning in this case is shit.

I would play literally 10x the amount of BTB I do (and probably little to no Warzone) if we had proper BTB maps and not the mediocre butt ugly Forge maps we have now.

Not to mention that Warzone and BTB play nothing alike. So to even put as in a "one or the other" type of scenario is absolutely ridiculous. You can have warzone and still have a reason to play BTB. One doesn't replace the other, but to have it filled with forge only maps, is a pure slap in the face and a complete joke.

Couldn't have said it better myself lol. Ram your reasoning in this case is shit.

I would play literally 10x the amount of BTB I do (and probably little to no Warzone) if we had proper BTB maps and not the mediocre butt ugly Forge maps we have now.

Same here, haven't touched BTB since it first came out because the maps are terrible. If they were decent and fun to play I would definitely play it.

Welfare

Doesn't help BTB at all that the entire map selection is shit prerelease forge maps that are remakes/reimaginings and the game type selection is terrible.

Ramirez

Halo 5 BTB is just missing a banger of a map like Paradiso or Meltdown, then I'm sure it would skyrocket back to the top.

Trup1aya

Haha, that's great and makes sense. I'm pretty with you when it comes to the way BTB has been treated and this thread needs more burgers. This is what I said in a previous thread relating to this topic.

I find this thread's title to be very appropriate.

Lol it's quite possible that I read that post, and it's been burned into my memory ever since... If that was your intention, well done!

Removing radar won't kill Halo's population lol, that's crazy talk for whoever believes that. It needs to go, especially at higher levels. Keep it on for social and ranks below Gold or Plat if they really want to, but it needs to be removed from Diamond+ because that's like giving metal cleats to soccer players.

It would definately hurt the population. I imagine that even most diamond players would find playing w/o radar to be pretty jarring, especially since people aren't using mics. The vast majority of halo players are below diamond skill levels and are typically the type of player who finds comfort in radar.

That said, I'd be fine with turning it off Beyond diamond 3... It would make Onyx placements more be more exclusive, because it would mean regularly overcoming overcoming a handicap in the diamond division.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
BTB, even with forge maps >>>>>>>> warzone.

arena 4v4 shits on both tho

Welfare

Halo 5 BTB is just missing a banger of a map like Paradiso or Meltdown, then I'm sure it would skyrocket back to the top.
Really, I don't give a shit if BTB is "more/less popular" than Warzone. Warzone is a fun experience. I just want BTB to be a good playlist.

BraXzy

I caught up on the thread. I get why the popcorn was a thing.

For me, I've never been a massive fan of Warzone, it's fun to warm up in but more than a few games and I'm starting to switch off.

Ramirez

Really, I don't give a shit if BTB is "more/less popular" than Warzone. Warzone is a fun experience. I just want BTB to be a good playlist.

I mean I'm not saying I don't want it to be good. I don't really care about either BTB or WZ, but there's only so many resources and I live in a realistic world where I know BTB isn't getting those resources, heh.

el routine-

1-2 games of warzone and/or warzone assault (get that daily win in)
3-6 games of slayer arena

The end.

Rare occasions I might do 1 btb,1 swat or 1 team arena.

Bronze packs are done. Also, I hate warzone. I suffer from dozens of deaths and very few kills when I play warzone. Then I go back to slayer and all of a sudden the world is right again. My calling is arena and that's fine with me.

Trup1aya

I mean I'm not saying I don't want it to be good. I don't really care about either BTB or WZ, but there's only so many resources and I live in a realistic world where I know BTB isn't getting those resources, heh.

Yeah BTB fell victim budget cuts... same with all the game modes, split screen and LAN support

It's such a shame MS couldn't afford it... :(

Got the UR Noble variant to complement my Noble helmet, which makes me very happy. This is my favorite armor set in the game, easily.
I'm sorry, Helioskrill and Hunter.

Yeah BTB fell victim budget cuts... same with all the game modes, split screen and LAN support

to be fair, split screen died with reach... both reach and 4, split screen sucked ass (frame rate mainly)
also, isnt the lan issue mainly an xbox one issue?

just change its name and be done with it. Add forge maps later in the week. Everybody wanted a social arenastyled list.

Nobody needs more BTB forge maps, give us arena maps.

Before adding a Social Playlist, they have to remove the MMR in this Social Playlists. This current "social" playlists are just ranked with a hidden rank..

Removing the Motion Tracker will do more harm than good. It's been a part of the game since Halo 1 and I would quit playing Halo online if it was removed. Halo 5's crappy 18 metre motion tracker make's situational awareness annoying alone due to the fact that you rarely have a fighting chance when a corner camper ambushes you from your flank and they are not even in range on the motion tracker but in somehow in range to shoulder charge.

Shit would be worse without thr Motion Tracker, period.
You'd adapt and your situational awareness would improve because of it, but I don't expect the change nor does anyone else really, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Trup1aya

Lol I guess this gif is appropriate .... The perfect seasoning for a shitty cheeseburger.

to be fair, split screen died with reach... both reach and 4, split screen sucked ass (frame rate mainly)
also, isnt the lan issue mainly an xbox one issue?

My understanding is GoW:UE has LAN support. I think split screen died with weak hardware and poor planning.

Chatted w/ a guy today who just beat halo1 with his 5 y/o. He said the two of them were excited to tackle the rest of the series... Hearing the bad news took the wind out of his sales a bit... I guess he's just being salty though...

singhr1

Awww man one of those Warzone games just happened.

Team couldn't get a single legendary boss kill but we were slightly outslaying them. We were down like 850-620. Bases haven't moved around at all during the match because of defenders being very punctual. Warden Eternal has <25% health remaining, I bring out a Corp. Scorpion trying to get a final steal by sniping with it from afar to avoid the chaos at ground zero. 1 shot. 2 shot. 3 shot. 4! Legendary kill. Up by like 20 pts. Close out the match. Whew.

My understanding is GoW:UE has LAN support. I think split screen died with weak hardware and poor planning.

How is this still something we are arguing about. Priorities were made (100% solid 60 fps & visuals) and split screen was cut. Did you want another crappy split screen experience like in Halo 4 or Reach? If its not done well, don't do it at all. Sure, it would have been great to have but "poor planning" is a poor argument.

Lol I guess this gif is appropriate ....

Chatted w/ a guy today who just beat halo1 with his 5 y/o. He said the two of them were excited to tackle the rest of the series... Hearing the bad news took the wind out of his sales a bit... I guess he's just being salty though...

while i do agree that tons of features are missing, i will give it a pass for being the best halo since 2 (imo)
no excuse for not having any objective playlists included or even btb (even though i despise it).

Trup1aya

Awww man one of those Warzone games just happened.

Team couldn't get a single legendary boss kill but we were slightly outslaying them. We were down like 850-620. Bases haven't moved around at all during the match because of defenders being very punctual. Warden Eternal has <25% health remaining, I bring out a Corp. Scorpion trying to get a final steal by sniping with it from afar to avoid the chaos at ground zero. 1 shot. 2 shot. 3 shot. 4! Legendary kill. Up by like 20 pts. Close out the match. Whew.

How is this still something we are arguing about. Priorities were made (100% solid 60 fps & visuals) and split screen was cut. Did you want another crappy split screen experience like in Halo 4 or Reach? If its not done well, don't do it at all. Sure, it would have been great to have but "poor planning" is a poor argument.

How is poor planning a poor argument? In any professional relm, that's what we call it when your priorities don't align with customer expectations...

Welfare

With split screen. while I'm bummed out I can't wreck my bro in customs and play with friends on the same screen, 60fps is the best thing 343 have done to this franchise. Going from what was like a weekend long play session of Fallout 4 straight to Halo 5 Warzone was an experience in of itself in terms of framerate.

Trup1aya

while i do agree that tons of features are missing, i will give it a pass for being the best halo since 2 (imo)
no excuse for not having any objective playlists included or even btb (even though i despise it).

Don't get me wrong, I'm having almost as much fun with H5 as I did with the GOAT (H2).

But I'm not giving any passes... This isn't directed at you, but, I don't see how anyone can suggest that it's ok to fail to meet expectations because of misguided priorities. I find it baffling really.

I rarely ever touched anything outside of 4v4, and the launch state of H5 still irks me...

Karl2177

You'd adapt and your situational awareness would improve because of it, but I don't expect the change nor does anyone else really, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.
I'm sure you've said something about it, but what are your thoughts on sound based radar? Gunfire, sprinting, melees, etc. show up on radar, but general movement doesn't.

I tend not to like regular Warzone at all, and Warzone Assault I find between tolerable and terrible depending on the game. What kills me most are the spawns. So often it decides to spawn me so far away from my objective that by the time I get there, time has already run out. And I'm left staring at my screen wondering why I even played the match if it was going to do that to me. Every now and then another poor soul gets spawned there with me and we both just silently look at each other motionless like "what the fuck."

And it would be more fun if REQ cost was lower to use. I find myself not using REQs often because it sucks so much req-juice that I'm better off ignoring them and saving it for bigger and better things.

Haha Trup hittin hard. I like it.

Ryde3

Removing radar is a bad idea, and I've never felt cheated by autos. This game is a near perfectly balanced experience.

Ryde3

I caught up on the thread. I get why the popcorn was a thing.

For me, I've never been a massive fan of Warzone, it's fun to warm up in but more than a few games and I'm starting to switch off.

I like the high player count, and I also use it to warm up - but I probably would never play it if Arena gave as many REQ points.

JackHerer

You guys don't know about this? It needs to be patched.

Really not that skillfull, happens accidentally all the time as well. Should be patched I agree.

Edit: As I've voiced previously, I find the whole planned Warzone replacing BTB thing to be a bit disgusting on 343/MS's part. They saw an opportunity for greatly increased profits and BTB was in the way. I don't know if they even intended to include BTB until the outcry and making it Forge assured that it could never challenge Warzone for popularity. They have conveniently ignored requests for BTB dev maps as DLC.... They are giving us not what we as fans want or expect but what makes them the most money.

Top Bottom