• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Leyasu

Banned
BTB on dedicated servers at 60fps was the reason why I stuck with Xbox this gen. It is awesome as well, but I just can't go back to those ugly shit maps and it pisses me off.

I would take a bunch of remade halo 4 BTB maps with pleasure and be more than happy. They have and continue to make highly questionable decisions.

Hovering around plat6 all night long in slayer. Just can't string enough wins together..

Esque7

I've been encountering lag for the past week that makes the game nearly unplayable for me, but I've had the game since near launch and never had issues until now. Has this been a recent issue? Or just on my end? US btw.

My understanding is GoW:UE has LAN support. I think split screen died with weak hardware and poor planning.

How is poor planning a poor argument? In any professional relm, that's what we call it when your priorities don't align with customer expectations...

You can thank Don Mattrick for that. He pulled your typical "higher-up" move: fuck everything up and then leave with a slap on the wrist while everyone else has to clean up the mess.

Anyway, Gears UE also features split-screen (capped to 30FPS in multiplayer--a substantial disadvantage), and it was likely implemented because the game doesn't operate on a dynamic resolution frame buffer. If the next Halo doesn't rely on that to achieve a stable 60FPS (which is extremely unlikely, as it's very impressive programming that works extraordinarily well), then I'd wager split-screen may return.

JackHerer

I've been encountering lag for the past week that makes the game nearly unplayable for me, but I've had the game since near launch and never had issues until now. Has this been a recent issue? Or just on my end? US btw.

I am experiencing the exact same thing. Have posted about it repeatedly. Others have reported similar but it doesn't seem that widespread which makes me worry that it won't be fixed. I was having mostly flawless matches until recently. Now I rubberband and disconnect all the time.

The one thing that really makes me angry is how big of a joke this game is if you dont have a full squad. Atleast in reach or h3/h2 I could go in and carry in one of the playlists. Just went from getting steak tacked on truth, to getting a 2.0 kd/10 assists on champions (one of them #22), to getting steak tacked on truth.

Warzone has become this ugly game when all it consists now is players just wanting to farm for points. And it's not a swift game if you haven't experienced it yourself. It's being forced into your starting base with no possible outcome to turn things around against all odds.

It's not fun. That's the biggest issue with Warzone atm. Especially when teams aren't even fairly matched or properly JIP with a decent score or time to cap a base. Something definitely needs to be changed to make it fun again and very much less about farming players. Change up the objectives, scoring system, and spawns to better circulate the flow of the game instead of it being so overwhelming one sided game after game.

jem0208

Warzone has become this ugly game when all it consists now is players just wanting to farm for points. And it's not a swift game if you haven't experienced it yourself. It's being forced into your starting base with no possible outcome to turn things around against all odds.

It's not fun. That's the biggest issue with Warzone atm. Especially when teams aren't even fairly matched or properly JIP with a decent score or time to cap a base. Something definitely needs to be changed to make it fun again and very much less about farming players. Change up the objectives, scoring system, and spawns to better circulate the flow of the game instead of it being so overwhelming one sided game after game.

Warzone really needs some different bases which allow for more freedom both in attack and escape. The current bases are just badly designed in the sense that it's so damn easy to spawn camp them.

Assault is a much better game IMO. If you haven't, you should try it out.

Welfare

I really want a weekend Warzone playlist where everyone has level 9 Req at the very beginning. Just instant chaos.

Ramirez

Assault plays like "baby's first Rush mode", if they don't add the bomb in as the objective when it drops, they're missing the point of that mode, IMO. Standing in a base to cap it is so fucking bad.

MaGlock

Assault plays like "baby's first Rush mode", if they don't add the bomb in as the objective when it drops, they're missing the point of that mode, IMO. Standing in a base to cap it is so fucking bad.

That's interesting but probably a night mare to hold the bomb site area for arming the bomb.

Ramirez

That's interesting but probably a night mare to hold the bomb site area for arming the bomb.

That's why you put 2-3 arming sites based on which part you're on. The finale could remain just destroying the core, but man, the core room is so poorly designed. The first 2 phases being anything other than "stand in base" is what I'm after.

Assault is my go to for casual fuckery as long as BTB remains awful.

Matches are quick, points are good and the gameplay isn't based around last hitting NPCs.

They so need to change the last point, its way to easy to just zerg rush the core if req levels aren't high enough.

Esque7

I am experiencing the exact same thing. Have posted about it repeatedly. Others have reported similar but it doesn't seem that widespread which makes me worry that it won't be fixed. I was having mostly flawless matches until recently. Now I rubberband and disconnect all the time.
Glad I'm not the only one, but I'm afraid that if this keeps continuing I will be forced to put the game down. In the meantime I'll check of anything has changed with my wifi, but other games aren't really giving me similar issues.

Trup1aya

Glad I'm not the only one, but I'm afraid that if this keeps continuing I will be forced to put the game down. In the meantime I'll check of anything has changed with my wifi, but other games aren't really giving me similar issues.

Apparently A customer has done some sleuthing and found out the source of the issue and 343 is working on a fix. There's been a combination of bad packet routing and poor server selection.

The server selection issue should be fixed, and the routing issue will be handled Soony. I'll try to find the source, I think it was posted here yesterday...

Edit:
http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/1...lity-in-dedicated-server-rooting/#entry680588

Akai__

Placed in D3 in breakout.

That game mode 99 percent of you love here.

hQglNnw.gif

minx

Nah it's possible. He looks to be a really good player. His SC is The Sauna.

You can quit out of Halo 5 without getting a loss in warzone. I believe you just dashboard quit Halo 5. Someone I play with has similar Warzone wins stats and he said that's what he does. Anytime we are about to lose he leaves the match and doesn't get a loss.

Fuck Breakout. Mode is just ass.
Haha thank you for making me smile when I read this.
#getgud
Warzone really needs some different bases which allow for more freedom both in attack and escape. The current bases are just badly designed in the sense that it's so damn easy to spawn camp them.
Agreed. And perhaps tweaking boarding vehicles to plant a grenade.

I play it a lot actually. It's a much faster experience and straight up firefight. I know they can still farm in it but not as effective as compared to regular Warzone.

Cranster

Banned
Yeah BTB fell victim budget cuts... same with all the game modes, split screen and LAN support

It's such a shame MS couldn't afford it... :(
I'm pretty sure 343i has a blank cheque with mainline Halo games. The lack of true BTB maps and gametypes is more or less because 343i rushed to make the holiday 2015 deadline.

Unstable

Fuck Breakout. Mode is just ass.
I personally don't think Breakout is bad, however I don't enjoy it nearly as much as other modes. It feels too quick, favoring reaction, rather than adaption. Perhaps no respawn modes do not work well with Halo's gameplay flow.

They should totally copy Destiny ToO and add revives. Besides, they already have the existing down-but-not-out system in the campaign.

Ryde3

I like the idea of 1 life per round Halo, it's cool - but I just don't understand why the TTK in Breakout is different... so silly to me.

I'm sure you've said something about it, but what are your thoughts on sound based radar? Gunfire, sprinting, melees, etc. show up on radar, but general movement doesn't.
It would be better than what we have now. The Advanced Sensors mod is exactly that, so I wouldn't mind trying it as default.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yea, rocket guy is lucky he didn't have shields, or that was an exterm. I don't even have an exterm in Halo 5. :(

you suck, i have 7

at least one is from arena too. i swear.

EDIT: or not. i have zero. 7 overkills all from warzone?

Unstable

I like the idea of 1 life per round Halo, it's cool - but I just don't understand why the TTK in Breakout is different... so silly to me.
Yeah, I agree. We've been down the separate settings for different playlists road before, and we know it doesn't work. At best, you isolate your players. At worst, you have no population for all but a select few popular playlists. If there is anything truly damnable about Breakout, it's the faster TTK and the mode exclusive maps.

Esque7

Apparently A customer has done some sleuthing and found out the source of the issue and 343 is working on a fix. There's been a combination of bad packet routing and poor server selection.

The server selection issue should be fixed, and the routing issue will be handled Soony. I'll try to find the source, I think it was posted here yesterday...

Edit:
http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/1...lity-in-dedicated-server-rooting/#entry680588
Thanks for the info! Hopefully it really does get fixed soon. I don't frequent this thread enough to stay in the loop, so missed this.

I know full details have not been released yet but they said it's possible to make game modes like oddball and ricochet but never actually saying they will be in the game, if it's not out with the update it will be a bit of a letdown because those two game types were some of the best in h4. Maybe soon they can put in regicide or juggernaut or king of the hill. Though with King of the hill they will have to be smart with placement or do something with Spartan abilities or else it will be a disaster.

Top Bottom