• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

mo60

Ha! Yeah I spawned under the vehicle bay in the fortress once, couldn't get out, luckily I had 2 grenades.

343 are trolling us.

Me, welfare and sir dany spawned in the vehicle bay in one of the garages on noctus during a match on warzone saturday. Luckily we all managed to get out of the vehicle bay by glitching out of the map. We managed to not die when we did this.

Madness

Just had one of the closest Warzone matches ever. 999-999 and other team has two bases, we were 998,they were 997, then both of us at 999. I had beam rifle, I see one guy strip shields of a team mate, bam, luckily got the headshot and protector medal and won the match 1000-999 because of it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Just had one of the closest Warzone matches ever. 999-999 and other team has two bases, we were 998,they were 997, then both of us at 999. I had beam rifle, I see one guy strip shields of a team mate, bam, luckily got the headshot and protector medal and won the match 1000-999 because of it.
Did you get the gamechanger medal aswell?

343's level designers are complete wack sometimes. Map is utter crap

Warzone Assault in general needs a total redesign. Attackers need to spawn further away so they don't get spawnkilled by Defenders who start roaming. Defenders shouldn't be able to spawn vehicles at the first base (once they start roaming with Ghosts and Warthogs, it's over).

Attackers capturing the base should cap at the same speed, but have the capture meter decay faster. As consequence, make it so you can go into overtime if the attackers are presently on a base while the defense is there.

mo60

In the only very very very close match I have ever played in warzone which was a 999-1000 match we managed to catch up to the enemy team despite only having one armor, but I did right before the end of the match we prevented my team from winning.

jfoul

I've actually had a tie before. Didn't think it was possible.

Madness

Did you get the gamechanger medal aswell?

No. Maybe that's only arena/breakout since Kills are the ONLY thing that wins? I did get a Guardian Angel though and the kill is what won the match. I'm trying to see how I can share like Ram and Tawp always do for clips. But I think my privacy settings prevent it.

In the only very very very close match I have ever played in warzone which was a 999-1000 match we managed to catch up to the enemy team despite only having one armor, but I did right before the end of the match we prevented my team from winning.

We were dominating too, but then like always, some teammates push too hard or ignore base captures and we almost lost.

I've actually had a tie before. Didn't think it was possible.

Does it count as loss on record or doesn't count at all?

I will say though, whoever worked on vehicle physics and the vehicle sandbox needs a thorough review. Some of the worst controlling vehicles since CE. Weird ass physics that don't splatter Spartans but carry them in front of Ghosts that can then be jacked. A small piece of geometry causes the vehicle to flip as if it's a weightless zero gravity thing. I lost two ghost ultra that match. One because it literally flipped going down stairs and then required 4 flips to get upright which caused me to get shot in meantime.

Don't know, but the physics are really bad.

IHaveIce

Banned
I just don't get why the Warzone maps can't be in BTB. We saw in vidoc's how easy it is for them to modify those maps.

Close of the core buildings and maybe some side areas.
Spawn in the armories. Or in the tunnels on the desert map.

Don't think they would be too big, or just up the playercount and slayerscore to 150.

There are a lot of ares on those maps that would fit very well as neutral weapon/ vehicle spawns.

jfoul

Does it count as loss on record or doesn't count at all?

A1JxuPc.png

Madness

I just don't get why the Warzone maps can't be in BTB. We saw in vidoc's how easy it is for them to modify those maps.

Don't think they would be too big, or just up the playercount and slayerscore to 150.

There are a lot of ares on those maps that would fit very well as neutral weapon/ vehicle spawns.

Why can't the Raid on Apex 7 map be a BTB map. Cut out the unnecessarily large side areas, modify some pathways, keep the Spire and you've got a very dominant BTB map.

Oh well, just have to accept BTB will be second fiddle this game

IHaveIce

Banned
Why can't the Raid on Apex 7 map be a BTB map. Cut out the unnecessarily large side areas, modify some pathways, keep the Spire and you've got a very dominant BTB map.

Exactly! They all have a layout that would work pretty well for BTB

jfoul

Double post, but damn almost 1400+ Warzone matches. You're probably super high SR and close to finishing REQ's right?

I'm SR137 and I'm getting close to 100%. I don't care much about the emblems. Most emblems are tied to commendations and other milestones anyways.

• 96% Helmet and Armor
  • 72% Emblem
  • 95% Power Weapon

jfoul

I've done so much grinding in Warzone Assault that I may have forgotten how to play seriously lol. I have about 70k points saved up for the next wave of Silvers. Figured there isn't anything else I need from Golds aside from the Mk. V, but that can wait too. Mk. IV is holding me over just fine, at least until the other Mk. V variant drops ;]

Yeah, once I'm done with the req collection I probably won't play WZ Assault for awhile and focus on arena. At least it's almost over, and when new reqs release we'll have them almost instantly.

God dammit, Defenders should not be able to spawn vehicles at the first base in Warzone Assault. Especially on Summit. That base is already huge, and it does not need three fucking warthogs in the back shooting anyone who comes even remotely close. It's hard enough for the attackers to cap that base already, considering the enemy can easily spawn camp them (nice work having attackers start on the bottom of a hill with no way to flank to the sides without being exposed, guys), and then the defenders can just spawn hogs and ghosts and turn "difficult" into "impossible".

At the very least, that function needs to be disabled on Summit. That first base is just painful.

This.

It seems so simple to me - or at least, a minimum amount of effort required. Please 343, make it happen. We now know that 343 are on the lookout for BTB maps, so I'm going to try my hand once again at building one - any BTB fans here, what would you like to see, design wise/vehicle setup wise?

Snow? Forest? Desert?

Trup1aya

Warzone Assault in general needs a total redesign. Attackers need to spawn further away so they don't get spawnkilled by Defenders who start roaming. Defenders shouldn't be able to spawn vehicles at the first base (once they start roaming with Ghosts and Warthogs, it's over).

Attackers capturing the base should cap at the same speed, but have the capture meter decay faster. As consequence, make it so you can go into overtime if the attackers are presently on a base while the defense is there.

The problem is that they are trying to take Maps designed for Warzone, and shoehorning an assault gametype into them.

If the maps were actually designed for 12v12 attack/defend gameplay then the gametype wouldn't lend itself so well to griefing...

Luckily for me, I mainly play it for the nonstop action and I don't really care about how unbalanced it is. It's one of my most played playlists.

I really hate getting double ultra rare or legendary emblems from a gold pack.

Yeah gettin emblems is a complete killjoy. They have no business being in the req system. Ofcourse it's easier to create a bunch of emblems than varied, desireable weaponry.

The problem is that they are trying to take Maps designed for Warzone, and shoehorning an assault gametype into them.

If the maps were actually designed for 12v12 attack/defend gameplay then the gametype wouldn't lend itself so well to griefing...

Luckily for me, I mainly play it for the nonstop action and I don't really care about how unbalanced it is. It's one of my most played playlists.

I play it because I can get one silver pack every half hour or so by grinding it.

Hmmm, we have one more space in the SC.

First one to reply to this post is in.

Had to remove my dear friend Gazzawa cause he wasn't playing the game really.

remember EVERYBODY FIGHTS AND NOBODY QUITS.

jfoul

Hmmm, we have one more space in the SC.

First one to reply to this post is in.

Had to remove my dear friend Gazzawa cause he wasn't playing the game really.

remember EVERYBODY FIGHTS AND NOBODY QUITS.

If you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself! Welcome to HaloGAF!

BraXzy

RIP all the US GAF folk who are desperate to get into the SC.

In better news, we're practically a third of the way to getting the armour which is... It's something!

Akai__

Screw teammates who are upwards Diamond and don't use their headset to make call-outs.

Also, screw Pegasus, especially as Team Blue. Map should get the same treatment as Orion. Throw it away into the trash can... Why are all dev made Forge maps so fucking terrible?

Screw teammates who are upwards Diamond and don't use their headset to make call-outs.

Also, screw Pegasus, especially as Team Blue. Map should get the same treatment as Orion. Throw it away into the trash can... Why are all dev made Forge maps so fucking terrible?

That map makes no sense. Why does blue start with OS right behind them? Why does red have easy access to both power weapons? Giving one team OS and the other two power weapons isn't good balance lol.

IHaveIce

Banned
Get a full Warzone lobby
All use active camo
???
Profit?
may be the only choice!

I've said this back when the other map was still in rotation(forgot the name), Pegasus is and was even worse.
And like you said I don't get how this map was made.. I mean you can basically create any map with H5's forge why would you create something as shit.

I played a ton of user created forge maps that are way better and are not only remakes.

Someone has to finally remove Pegasus and give us new competitve tested 4v4 maps.

IHaveIce

Banned
You know what.. Someone of 343 should bring back forge testnights(like Tashi did with H4) and try to get the pros to test them. The real pros that compete in tourneys not the proteam(too busy playing breakout)

may be the only choice!

I've said this back when the other map was still in rotation(forgot the name), Pegasus is and was even worse.
And like you said I don't get how this map was made.. I mean you can basically create any map with H5's forge why would you create something as shit.

I played a ton of user created forge maps that are way better and are not only remakes.

Someone has to finally remove Pegasus and give us new competitve tested 4v4 maps.

I can but hope...

Trup1aya

That map makes no sense. Why does blue start with OS right behind them? Why does red have easy access to both power weapons? Giving one team OS and the other two power weapons isn't good balance lol.

Not to mention red team spawns with higher ground. Seriously, that light rifle area is impregnable...

Makes no sense to me that the community can create better forge maps within a week of getting access to it. And the dev team creates this stuff...

Me, welfare and sir dany spawned in the vehicle bay in one of the garages on noctus during a match on warzone saturday. Luckily we all managed to get out of the vehicle bay by glitching out of the map. We managed to not die when we did this.

It's known glitch :D
You just have to walk until you fall down :p

Not to mention red team spawns with higher ground. Seriously, that light rifle area is impregnable...

Makes no sense to me that the community can create better forge maps with a week of getting access to it. And the dev team creates this stuff...

Only thing I like about that map is the area where can go outside the map to get the Splinter nades and flank. Forgot what is was called, but more maps need things like that.

Also, too many weapons not enough time!

honestly the thing i want from the feb update second to only the ball is UI updates. specifically pre and post game.

i dont mind the idea of not seeing player ranks before the match in a playlist. thats fine.

whats SOOOOOO weird to me is how hard 343 is pushing customization options and so many armor varients and skins and emblems.....but you have pretty much zero way to show them off.

You know what showed them off pretty well? Halo 4. Which is weird to say. those cards pregame were a nice way to see what other players looked like at least.

Trup1aya

Only thing I like about that map is the area where can go outside the map to get the Splinter nades and flank. Forgot what is was called, but more maps need things like that.

Also, too many weapons not enough time!

Yeah that spot is awesome, they need something like that to get up behind people camping the light rifle.

Also, how much have you spent on Reqs? ;)

Top Bottom