• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

BraXzy

honestly the thing i want from the feb update second to only the ball is UI updates. specifically pre and post game.

Bravo mentioned that there were UI updates coming and people have been asking for them since launch so we can dream. Will we actually get to see our damn medals after a game?! Probably not.

I still find it crazy how they were included. Even if you could only look at your own. I always think oh what was my best multikill? How many ground pound kills did I get? No idea.

Yeah that spot is awesome, they need something like that to get up behind people camping the light rifle.

Also, how much have you spent on Reqs? ;)

GIF-Money-Burning-Money-Make-it-rain-Dollar-Dollars-GIF.gif

Bravo mentioned that there were UI updates coming and people have been asking for them since launch so we can dream. Will we actually get to see our damn medals after a game?! Probably not.

I still find it crazy how they were included. Even if you could only look at your own. I always think oh what was my best multikill? How many ground pound kills did I get? No idea.

another case of "this was in all halos why remove it now"

i get halo 5 is a built from the ground up for the first time game. I guess we really have yet to see their full plans for it. We know we're getting content updates until june. So is that it after that?

The dream scenario for me is come june they announce another 6 months of content updates and release the game for free for everyone at e3. I know how much of a massive pipe dream that is. I just feel like halo 5 is a grand experiment for 343. They are trickling content in, for sure, but every update they are adamant about just how much testing they are putting into these updates in terms of playtesting. I would love for this to basically become CS:GO for consoles in the sense that it is an incredibly tight shooter with low barrier to entry, high skill ceiling, and consistent updates, with a financial plan to support it with the req system.

honestly the thing i want from the feb update second to only the ball is UI updates. specifically pre and post game.

i dont mind the idea of not seeing player ranks before the match in a playlist. thats fine.

whats SOOOOOO weird to me is how hard 343 is pushing customization options and so many armor varients and skins and emblems.....but you have pretty much zero way to show them off.

You know what showed them off pretty well? Halo 4. Which is weird to say. those cards pregame were a nice way to see what other players looked like at least.

I think the best pre-game lobby that showed off your character would be COD: AW.

Akai__

Well, I hope someone saw my UI post. Stuff like the medal screen is absoulte must. Just straight up copy the Reach one.

Only thing I like about that map is the area where can go outside the map to get the Splinter nades and flank. Forgot what is was called, but more maps need things like that.

Also, too many weapons not enough time!

Seriously, what are you gonna do with 138 rare random weapons? Sell them and buy more packs!

Trup1aya

another case of "this was in all halos why remove it now"

i get halo 5 is a built from the ground up for the first time game. I guess we really have yet to see their full plans for it. We know we're getting content updates until june. So is that it after that?

The dream scenario for me is come june they announce another 6 months of content updates and release the game for free for everyone at e3. I know how much of a massive pipe dream that is. I just feel like halo 5 is a grand experiment for 343. They are trickling content in, for sure, but every update they are adamant about just how much testing they are putting into these updates in terms of playtesting. I would love for this to basically become CS:GO for consoles in the sense that it is an incredibly tight shooter with low barrier to entry, high skill ceiling, and consistent updates, with a financial plan to support it with the req system.

Yeah I often compare halo5 to CS:GO when I think about potential. I think if 343i took notes on CS:GO's rise to prominence, the scene could really grow.

They really need to have some free weekends, an in-game tournament viewer, and eventually make the game free to gold members, if not all... The potential for Req revenue should override any pride issues with giving the game away

Also people need to be able to gamble req points on tournaments, and buy skins for their favorite pro teams.

Yeah I often compare halo5 to CS:GO when I think about potential. I think if 343i took notes on CS:GO's rise to prominence, the scene could really grow.

They really need to have some free weekends, an in-game tournament viewer, and eventually make the game free to gold members, if not all... The potential for Req revenue should override any pride issues with giving the game away

Also people need to be able to gamble req points on tournaments, and buy skins for their favorite pro teams.

Free weekends with 50% off for gold members would be great. I don't think it would make sense for them to give the game away for free for quite a while yet but since the content situation already is much better than at launch they should aim to get people to give the game a (second) chance, especially once the old game modes are back.

Tawpgun

Lol If possible I would put in a 1v1 or 2v2 playlist with a gambling mechanic. Or at least add it to customs. To prevent abuse I think you'd need to limit it to only warzone consumable cards.

But GTA online lets you bet money up to a certain amount for pvp matches.

BraXzy

Man, i want doubles back.

I REALLY Hope this next update is a truck load of good stuff.

I dont think we received any hint, yet. right?

The only thing we've had as far as I'm aware is the initial tease in the last livestream. So I guess info blowout this Friday, release sometime next week?

jfoul

Something I've been thinking about lately. Req sales seem to be a success, and I really like the continued support and monthly content so far because of it. Of course I think the req system needs to be tweaked a bit, but most of us have already talked about it in length.

Would you be okay with the multiplayer portion of Halo 5 going free for people with XBL Gold? It would increase users, possibly expose new people to Halo, and generate more micro bucks.

I would be all for it, and I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Caja 117

Yeah, I have spent money on silver packs, and other packs, don't hate the player hate the game.....

Anyway, I was looking and my locked items, and boy do I have basically a lot to get with utra rares, at this pace I'm opening Silver, I might never get to the gold pace at all. I'm planning to buy the pack that they are releasing on this month that cost 25.00...sorry if I'm part of the problem.

The only thing we've had as far as I'm aware is the initial tease in the last livestream. So I guess info blowout this Friday, release sometime next week?

Do you remember the tease? I don't remember any clip like how they teased the dec/jan updates.

plz understand?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Also, too many weapons not enough time!

image.php

----

Has anyone here had one of the menu buttons on their controller get stuck? (the little guys next to the gem)

Never spilled anything on my controller or messed it up in anyway, but a few months ago the three line button just became sticky as fuck. Tried using some light solvent with a q-tip along with a pick but no luck. Last resort is opening up the controller.

jfoul

Yeah, I have spent money on silver packs, and other packs, don't hate the player hate the game.....

Anyway, I was looking and my locked items, and boy do I have basically a lot to get with utra rares, at this pace I'm opening Silver, I might never get to the gold pace at all. I'm planning to buy the pack that they are releasing on this month that cost 25.00...sorry if I'm part of the problem.

I have no problem with it. People spend money on what they like.

I have some issues with the current req system for sure though. I don't think emblems should be unlocked through packs at all, but a good compromise would be to have a slot in packs specifically for emblems (EX:2 perm unlock & 1 emblem per pack).

Arena RP per match needs to be increased across the board. Some people don't like WZ, and as of right now it would take forever to unlock 100% in arena alone.

I think all "condition met" boost cards should be removed from the game. Quitters, JIP and being matched against a full squad makes using these cards a big gamble. All booster cars should just be boost cards that only require you to finish a match. An alternative would be to put the card back into your inventory if the condition wasn't met.

Edit: An RP bonus should also be added for completing consecutive matches through MM. Something that caps out after 10 games (in line with qualifiers) in a row with a max RP reward ending in 3%. I think this would help with quitters through a positive reward.

Edit 2: MM added to co-op campaign, with scoring and RP rewards would be cool as well. If we aren't getting Firefight, this would be good for some of us that just want to Halo 5 and chill.

BraXzy

Do you remember the tease? I don't remember any clip like how they teased the dec/jan updates.

plz understand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4adlCk-Ta8

Something I've been thinking about lately. Req sales seem to be a success, and I really like the continued support and monthly content so far because of it. Of course I think the req system needs to be tweaked a bit, but most of us have already talked about it in length.

Would you be okay with the multiplayer portion of Halo 5 going free for people with XBL Gold? It would increase users, possibly expose new people to Halo, and generate more micro bucks.

I think the best bet would to initially start off with a free weekend along with a heavy digital price discount. People would potentially buy the game to get the full experience and pay less than early adopters. Then eventually roll out free multiplayer in the future. Maybe with the final free DLC update? Who knows.

Trup1aya

Free weekends with 50% off for gold members would be great. I don't think it would make sense for them to give the game away for free for quite a while yet but since the content situation already is much better than at launch they should aim to get people to give the game a (second) chance, especially once the old game modes are back.

Yeah I mean, I'd never expect them to go f2p anytime soon. I'm just saying with this quality a title, with no barrier to entry, I think they'd make way more money from Reqs than they'd be able to from tradition sales.

That said, they've still got copies in the supply chain, and it's probably still holding some retail value, so they wouldn't even consider it at this time.

But until then, free weekends and flash sales are the way to go to entice those folks who are currently missing out.

I'd be perfectly ok with this. But I doubt MS would even consider it. That's why I suggested they go the free weekend, or even go the free trial route.

The free trial is what sold me on destiny. Let people play multiplayer for free, but after reaching a certain Spartan rank, they have to pay up. Sure people could abuse the system and open multiple accounts, but they wouldn't be able to keep all those precious Req items they've been getting.

Edit: and the gambling thing needs to happen. Just think of all the req people would buy, just so they could sell shit for the RP, so they can gamble it all away again... Curse me for encouraging 343i to capitalize on addictive behavior, but I want my free maps.

Tawpgun

Not to hate on the new map already but....

More UNSC themes ZzzzZzzZzzz

Sanghelios please.

Anyway now that I'm thinking about it, doing req point betting in matches like people bet money in GTA online would be awesome.

jfoul

Sanghelios please.

Anyway now that I'm thinking about it, doing req point betting in matches like people bet money in GTA online would be awesome.

I'm with you on this. Give us something else dudes.

Sanghelios, Promethian, Forerunner or even Flood themes would be cool.

Caja 117

you mean make Halo a Free 2 Play game? people in gaming side would have a field day with such news, lol

Trup1aya

you mean make Halo a Free 2 Play game? people in gaming side would have a field day with such news, lol

They would. But halo would have more players and get more content, and MS/343 would be making more money.

You'd just have haters on gaming side, mocking and complaining about a situation they know nothing about.

BraXzy

Sanghelios please.

It sucks that it is yet another UNSC facility type thing but it does, from the brief snippets, look pretty unique. I really hope they're working on something more exotic.

Computer

i dont mind the idea of not seeing player ranks before the match in a playlist. thats fine.

whats SOOOOOO weird to me is how hard 343 is pushing customization options and so many armor varients and skins and emblems.....but you have pretty much zero way to show them off.

You know what showed them off pretty well? Halo 4. Which is weird to say. those cards pregame were a nice way to see what other players looked like at least.

I have been hoping for and expecting a complete UI overhaul. I am not even a UI designer and can name 10 things that need to be implemented or improved. One example is the beta ranking system display was much more informative then what we have now. How did they go backwards on that? Also why are game stats not the first thing you see after a game? I could not even figure out how to pull them up for the longest time. Its just clunky as hell. How about a in game leader board? Or a party up after the game system like Halo 3 had? Or a way to see other players Spartans? What are stances for?

jem0208

Sanghelios please.

We've had teasers of the new map?

Where?

do we know who is responsible for the UI in halo 5? The initial main menu navitgation is good but after that it seems to go to poop.

LETS TWITTER BANG THEM.

I have been hoping for and expecting a complete UI overhaul. I am not even a UI designer and can name 10 things that need to be implemented or improved. One example is the beta ranking system display was much more informative then what we have now. How did they go backwards on that? Also why are game stats not the first thing you see after a game? I could not even figure out how to pull them up for the longest time. Its just clunky as hell. How about a in game leader board? Or a party up after the game system like Halo 3 had? Or a way to see other players Spartans? What are stances for?

every time i remember the beta actually showing the progress in rank up or down and the released game just with a stupid arrow im dumbfounded.

I'd be neat to see a Warzone map set on a big Covenant installation like the Unyielding Heirophant or High Charity.

Also, I think part of the reason we haven't gotten a Sanghelios map yet is because while the bulk of the UNSC assets were "modular" e.g. could be reused, repurposed, relocated etc. intentionally, just about all of the organic rock formations and structures in the Sanghelios playspaces in campaign were all individually done, down to the sprawling rock formations and walls that operated as boundaries. That being said, Sunaion seems like it'd be one possible way around that.

BraXzy

I think not seeing progress is better overall. People tend to choke when they're close to leveling up lol.

I choke everytime I know I'm close. So it is good in that sense but I'd still rather know where I stood/how much I gain or drop each match.

Judging by some of the in game text, it looks like it could be set on an orbital MAC station, as it's talking about "recycling cartridges and whatnot"

Nice spot. That's a really cool location as far as UNSC maps go. I hope we get more than one though!

I wonder if they will limit the prize pool for HCS with the REQ revenue. It appears that way since they stopped it at 2mill+. whatever the + means lol

Top Bottom