• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

do0w5Ei.gif

It was time.

I played some Forge on PC tonight and I didn't encounter any issues other than the game not backing out properly after one match. Everything else was silky smooth.

Was a nice change of pace but man everyone on pc is just shit still. Not many actually fun matches.

I played some Forge on PC tonight and I didn't encounter any issues other than the game not backing out properly after one match. Everything else was silky smooth.

Was a nice change of pace but man everyone on pc is just shit still. Not many actually fun matches.

Too many people just fuck around and not set up actual matches. Kinda gets old fast.

TCKaos

I can't even get my PC to run the W10 Anniversary update properly. Something about W10 not recognizing my video card after the update or something, so I had to restore it to before. Guess I'll have to stick to console.

Security!!!! also having another day of shit matchmaking experiences. Also come check out the stream if you want twitch.tv/zeezbruh

Ade

FYI. If you already own all the helmets, a second purchase of the new pack gives you nothing but Arena XP Boosts. Nine of the lovely things.

Amazingly pleased at that.

Here is a clearer in-game screenshot I just made, I didn't even notice it up close until you mentioned it.

I don't want to say it's embarrassing because that would totally happen to me as well if I was a game developer.

BizzyBum

Yup, that was the main point of my post, which I somehow omitted!

Apparently it'll award the HCS stuff though first, but I already had all of those.

Hmm, 150K RP for 9 Legendary Arena XP boosts is too steep, though.

Now, if they were Warzone boosts, I'd spend my 2.5 million RP on them. Fast track to SR 152!

Did the FFA update ever hit? I remember a few months back some folks here said one was in the works.

Not yet. They just updated some maps with the new Team Arena settings.

TCKaos

Here is a clearer in-game screenshot I just made, I didn't even notice it up close until you mentioned it.

I don't want to say it's embarrassing because that would totally happen to me as well if I was a game developer.

The thing is that it's clearly supposed to be there because the sides of the lights are modeled and textured, but not the front face. So that means that had to have missed it.

I'll pile that in with the other graphical glitches no one seemed to give a shit about. The Halo CE pistol reload animation is broken, the Halo CE pistol menu stance animation is broken, and the Arclight's charging animation is still broken, so I don't think we'll ever get those fixed.

Haruko

Ok, I laughed a little at this HW2 ad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wTgV1u2K5Y

EDIT: lol there's more? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBOrxRsWh7s

I'll pile that in with the other graphical glitches no one seemed to give a shit about. The Halo CE pistol reload animation is broken, the Halo CE pistol menu stance animation is broken, and the Arclight's charging animation is still broken, so I don't think we'll ever get those fixed.

I think they fixed the CE pistol stance? It no longer has the arm-popping that it used to have for a period of time.

Madness

I counted up how much I have spent on REQ packs since launch, and it was over $107 not counting the actual game and original warzone REQ pack. I didn't buy the voices pack and I won't spend another dime, but this was easily more than I wanted to spend. I am sure others here probably spent 2 or 3 times what I did. So it seems like the REQ system was profitable for them no?

Fuchsdh

I've spent $35, including the Voices of War pack, which when you compare its pure cost when compared to the arena pack or whatever it was called that I bought, was an insanely better value.

How much they've actually made off it though is hard to say since we don't know how much it costs in art/programming resources, nor do we have any idea of intangible factors—how many people aren't willing to touch Halo 5 because they're so micro-transaction averse?

Trup1aya

I counted up how much I have spent on REQ packs since launch, and it was over $107 not counting the actual game and original warzone REQ pack. I didn't buy the voices pack and I won't spend another dime, but this was easily more than I wanted to spend. I am sure others here probably spent 2 or 3 times what I did. So it seems like the REQ system was profitable for them no?

I bet the req system made this one of the most profitable halos of all despite the declining sales.

Which is why I'm surprised at how many technical issue have cropped up and persisted over time. Its extremely counter productive when you've got a system that can encourage players to repeatedly spend.

I've never seen a game degrade like this.

I'm also suprised that there havent been more digital promotions (sales, free weekends, trials)... would help with req revenue.

Yeah, I can dig it.

All I bought was the Voices pack and I think maybe some stuff with credit, but I'm always on the low end of these things purchase wise. I gotta imagine that just through whales and dedicated Achilles teams they've picked up a pretty penny.

So for how long is this helmet pack gonna be available? I was under the impression that it would stay up, but now I'm worried I'll have to start hoarding like crazy (I'm at 5k RP lol) to get it in time...

Top Bottom