• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

343 needs to fix the network issues. It's embarrassing.

Mediocre.

Yep, for me being forced to play on expanded due to Aussie population, gameplay can eat a bag of dicks on the regular.

q2T1Mis.gif

hEjmBeO.gif

eDlAs7o.gif

E92 M3

Indeed,
It's the most unstable game on dedis I've ever played.

Gears 4, Titanfall 1 and 2 are pretty much flawless if compared to H5.

Embarrassing to say the least.

Yes, and unfortunately Titanfall has a smaller population than Halo. Hell, I can go play TF1 and still run it smoothly.

Huh, Phil in his Gamespot interview comments about being at 343 two weeks ago and 343 is currently flexing with X1X tech on past and future games, something to talk about "soon". Sounds like they just weren't aligned with E3 but H5 4K could/will be there before launch.

343 Past games on X - 9:10

Seems pretty normal for all the Mexicans we play against. And they're even on the same continent.

You mean I'm not a special latency snowflake :)

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, Phil in his Gamespot interview comments about being at 343 two weeks ago and 343 is currently flexing with X1X tech on past and future games, something to talk about "soon". Sounds like they just weren't aligned with E3 but H5 4K could/will be there before launch.

Would be cool if they had an event to coincide with Dreamhack.

Smokey

Anybody have some good sensitivity settings to try?

Currently using Horizontal Look 3, Vertical 3.5, Look Accel 2, Inner and Outer Deadzone 1% on a Elite controller with Instant on the right thumbstick.

Seems a bit too loose for me after the update for some reason.

BizzyBum

This game has a huge problem with blank shots now, both for the pistol and BR. Not sure what 343 did, but it's way more frequent now then it ever was, so they did something. It's like the game is decaying while they work on Halo 6.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Why not at least announce it? It's just weird. A total no brainer with kind of a hopefully but still non-answer from spencer. It's like they are working on something but aren't ready to commit to it yet - which almost sounds like fixed mcc... But but even that leaves out h5 (and just seems unlikely)

Yep, for me being forced to play on expanded due to Aussie population, gameplay can eat a bag of dicks on the regular.

q2T1Mis.gif

hEjmBeO.gif

eDlAs7o.gif

Yup. I keep having these awkward moments where people are "one shot" and I'll melee them only for them to survive and melee me back to kill me and then they die afterwards by my melee in the kill feed. So effed lol.

I feel like my first shot never registers.

Yeah this is a big issue too. I notice that often my first shot is really late to the hit registration party. Also, grenades are super inconsistent. I'll throw a grenade under a person with no shields and all it does it launch them up into the air. This happened so many times that my friend just started maniacally laughing just to cope.

Not so secretly I'd be happy with your level latency for my games e.g. your melees and grenade speeds. I imagine things like hit markers are set as lower priority in the netcode or you were just connecting to a non-local datacentre for that match, which is pretty much all our issues generally. Population or skill/party match is low at the time we search so we get forced into a further away server instance than our local Azure DC.

Here's a similar bullet registration issue during an overkill not so stealth brag clip:
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/d10aac5e-0f92-4ee3-9800-b2e3aa0a8ce0

Here's an example where I feel I got the melee in and the enemy shouldn't have traded kills but they get the latency-based kill still:
Wb6fVAj.gif

Not so secretly I'd be happy with your level latency for my games e.g. your melees and grenade speeds. I imagine things like hit markers are set as lower priority in the netcode or you were just connecting to a non-local datacentre for that match, which is pretty much all our issues generally. Population or skill/party match is low at the time we search so we get forced into a further away server instance than our local Azure DC.

Here's a similar bullet registration issue during an overkill not so stealth brag clip:
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/d10aac5e-0f92-4ee3-9800-b2e3aa0a8ce0

Here's an example where I feel I got the melee in and the enemy shouldn't have traded kills but they get the latency-based kill still:
Wb6fVAj.gif

Curious if you receive this level of latency/lag/network issues on other big triple A titles. I'm in the midwest of the USA and I have similar latency as what you have shown (despite my packet loss being at 0%). When I switch games I don't have this issue. Of course there will be the occasional issues, but nothing similar to the consistent mess Halo 5 is.

Curious if you receive this level of latency/lag/network issues on other big triple A titles. I'm in the midwest of the USA and I have similar latency as what you have shown (despite my packet loss being at 0%). When I switch games I don't have this issue. Of course there will be the occasional issues, but nothing similar to the consistent mess Halo 5 is.

Destiny had it occasionally in crucible but waaay less than Halo and we usually had a 4 to 6 man Aussie team in Destiny though.

Killer instinct is this amazing game we lobby up for every now and again, it feels like arcade perfection with those same fellas in a party chat and Ki session. No hiccups or latency felt at all. Sure a lot less going on but same Azure dedis for our region.

Also Titanfall/2 feels way more responsive than Halo 4 or 5 or MCC. Pity about the Aussie population on X1, only stopped playing instead of Halo 5 because we couldn't find matches.

Further I suck at aiming in Overwatch but the same group/party chat and it's aces for PvP. Basically zero hiccups visually but I just can't aim like I can in Halo, per or post aiming patch for Xbox overwatch too. My main Mates that were Halo buddies since H2 are all dedicated to overwatch night after night.

nillapuddin

btw
phil on giant bomb

"the list of games that are gunna be xbox one x enhanced is going to keep growing, i was down at 343 the other week and saw some stuff that looked really good" *

Tawpgun

Yeah the maps are actually very nice. very Doom/Unreal like. Any gametypes with guns or is it all swords all the time?
Just swords but the maps, while all very similar in layout, so offer different methods/strats. There was one with way more vehicles. One with turrets that light up anyone trying to cross the bridge, different man cannon placements etc

Felt like a souped up version of Troy.

BizzyBum

I love T2. In the Pro League thread I posted a link of a little twitter spat between him and Ogre.

Wow I just checked it out. Absolutely savage. Both are right, though. lol

The fact that T2 is so biased when casting Str8 matches is what makes it that much funnier to watch and listen to him as the team is terrible.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Wow I just checked it out. Absolutely savage. Both are right, though. lol

The fact that T2 is so biased when casting Str8 matches is what makes it that much funnier to watch and listen to him as the team is terrible.

Biased in the sense that you can see and feel his disappointment,. But he still calls the game fair Imo.

Juan

So... Is the Halo Community going to be down for nearly a year until we get the first glimpse of the next big thing, since we won't have a MCC playlist update or new Halo 5 content?

Is it time to move on and consider that Halo (FPS) is dead?

So... Is the Halo Community going to be down for nearly a year until we get the first glimpse of the next big thing, since we won't have a MCC playlist update or new Halo 5 content?

I'm assuming they have some type of update(s) in the work for H5. They wouldn't leave the game stagnant until H6. MCC on the other hand is probably just fucking dead, I don't seem them putting any resources in that.

Unless there is some type of significant update for H5, I'm pretty much done with Halo until H6. There are too many other great FPS to play and more coming this year.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Yes.
no

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Seems to me they need something more before Halo 6 in addition to the HW2 stuff.

Speaking of HW2, the Flood Dlc looks awesome and next month there is two new UNSC campaign missions.

Seems to me they need something more before Halo 6 in addition to the HW2 stuff.

Speaking of HW2, the Flood Dlc looks awesome and next month there is two new UNSC campaign missions.

I don’t mind the Halo Wars 2 updates. It’s their latest launch so they have to support it (season pass). However, it’s still a spinoff. I wish they would support their main entry (H5) more. After they finished their *monthly* updates, it kind of just died.

I don’t mind the Halo Wars 2 updates. It’s their latest launch so they have to support it (season pass). However, it’s still a spinoff. I wish they would support their main entry (H5) more. After they finished their *monthly* updates, it kind of just died.

Yeah, like update all playlists to have the new radar =D

Fuchsdh

I don't mind the Halo Wars 2 updates. It's their latest launch so they have to support it (season pass). However, it's still a spinoff. I wish they would support their main entry (H5) more. After they finished their *monthly* updates, it kind of just died.

Sustain has been Halo's problem since the Bungie days. I don't see why they can't be doing a better job of getting new content out on a regular schedule, even if it's just player maps.

(Still sad we didn't get gun game or any HW2 tie-in stuff.)

Top Bottom