• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Karl2177

Can the #1 item in the sandbox rebalance be vehicles? If vehicles get to a point where I like them, I'll give Tashi a few Benjamins*.

*Maybe

I'm surprised at the shafting BTB got in this game. Sure it doesn't make launch but when it showed up it was all forge maps that are not that great generally and they didn't even bother updating it to pistol starts.

343 should've outsourced BTB maps if they didn't want to do them internally or better yet if they planned out the post launch support better they still could've put out maps for it. In terms of post launch support as in maps and big features 343 blew their load in 8 months.
It sucks because BTB objective in the past has been so much fun with friends.

This game is just missing a Blood Gulch or a Valhalla or a Complex.

I'm even fine with community forge maps. It's the constant BE spam that ruined h5 brb for me.

Problem with community forge maps is they all look the same. Same grey walls and scenery.

Hopefully their map strategy is different in Halo 6. BTB maps on launch. No remix maps. Every map should be 100% unique instead of, oh, 50% unique.

wwm0nkey

Can the #1 item in the sandbox rebalance be vehicles? If vehicles get to a point where I like them, I'll give Tashi a few Benjamins*.

*Maybe

Oh god PLEASEEEEEE make the vehicles better. Bring back the Halo 2 / 3 system and give them those good hard counters

I'm surprised at the shafting BTB got in this game. Sure it doesn't make launch but when it showed up it was all forge maps that are not that great generally and they didn't even bother updating it to pistol starts.

343 should've outsourced BTB maps if they didn't want to do them internally or better yet if they planned out the post launch support better they still could've put out maps for it. In terms of post launch support as in maps and big features 343 blew their load in 8 months.
It sucks because BTB objective in the past has been so much fun with friends.

Youre surprised, im stunned. They didnt have time for BTB when halo5 launched, fine. That was in 2015. Since then, they STILL didnt have time to create real BTB maps. NOT ONE MAP. From 2015 to 2017, no time to create ONE real BTB map. Honestly, this makes me fucking hate 343. They destroyed the only gametype i cared about.

This game is just missing a Blood Gulch or a Valhalla or a Complex.

Problem with community forge maps is they all look the same. Same grey walls and scenery.

Hopefully their map strategy is different in Halo 6. BTB maps on launch. No remix maps. Every map should be 100% unique instead of, oh, 50% unique.

It better be, if its not then Halo will be dead to me for good. Theyve had enough chances.

This game is just missing a Blood Gulch or a Valhalla or a Complex
Or they could add a good BTB map.

*Maybe
I can picture it now.
343i said:
Scorpion: Movement speed increased from 0.1 KM/H to 0.2 KM/H
🙌
1 person said:
Whoa that's way too fast!
343i said:
After overwhelming community feedback, the speed of the Scorpion has been reduced to 0.10005 KM/H, we feel this is a nice compromise for both sides.

If you wanna get destroyed mercilessly by the small dedicated community, then by all means play Halo 5. Lol

MCC is worth the campaigns alone. There's infinite enjoyment with them.

Halo 5's level design is actually not bad. Even if you tune out the bad writing and plot, the level design and flow can be genuinely great.

Christ dude really? So it's impossible to play a match without being annihilated by super skilled Monster energy drink fuelled teenagers? Reminds me of when I naively bought Halo 3 circa 2014 or so thinking it'd be the same multiplayer experience as when it launched and just got destroyed in every match because only the hardcore were still left playing it.

So it's impossible to have a fair and decent match because it's the same as that?

Thanks for the insight on the MCC and Halo 5 campaigns by the way. That helps. Looks like they both might be worth it for the single player then, so that's cool.

Or they could add a good BTB map.

I can picture it now.
��

lol, my favorite part of this week's update was this:

e4a8df734846db159423e1ae3f298fe6.png

ske7ch pliss

BizzyBum

This game is like impossible to come back to after a long break since mostly everyone playing now are just Halo nuts who don't play anything else. Feels like a need a month warmup to get somewhat back to competent.

This game is like impossible to come back to after a long break since mostly everyone playing now are just Halo nuts who don't play anything else. Feels like a need a month warmup to get somewhat back to competent.

you're not wrong. only sweaty neck beards still play this game.

Voliko

you're not wrong. only sweaty neck beards still play this game.

You would think sweaty neckbeards would use game chat and take the game too seriously. Yet I only ever get people talking in every 20th game. And even when they do talk they are assholes most of the time

Off topic but I just finished Little Nightmares last night. What an outstanding game. Met all my expectations and more. Dont know what it is but I've really been enjoying these smaller independent games. Definitely my game of the year so far. Next I'm going to try out Rime.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Off topic but I just finished Little Nightmares last night. What an outstanding game. Met all my expectations and more. Dont know what it is but I've really been enjoying these smaller independent games. Definitely my game of the year so far. Next I'm going to try out Rime.

I struggled with little nightmares. Found the enemy ai to be kind of unpredictable and the controls a bit sloppy, both leading to many frustrating restarts. Been meaning to fire it up and power through though, it has it's own disgusting children's book look only perverted that I love.

But rime is outstanding!

I struggled with little nightmares. Found the enemy ai to be kind of unpredictable and the controls a bit sloppy, both leading to many frustrating restarts. Been meaning to fire it up and power through though, it has it's own disgusting children's book look only perverted that I love.

But rime is outstanding!
Ive had an enemy or two bug out and just stand there but otherwise no issues. Some of the moments in the game are intense. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and like you said perverse world. Excited to try Rime!

Christ dude really? So it's impossible to play a match without being annihilated by super skilled Monster energy drink fuelled teenagers? Reminds me of when I naively bought Halo 3 circa 2014 or so thinking it'd be the same multiplayer experience as when it launched and just got destroyed in every match because only the hardcore were still left playing it.

So it's impossible to have a fair and decent match because it's the same as that?

Thanks for the insight on the MCC and Halo 5 campaigns by the way. That helps. Looks like they both might be worth it for the single player then, so that's cool.

Halo 5's movement, meta, skill gap, map knowledge, etc isn't necessarily super deep, but it can be awkward and hard to master. You will be up against mostly dedicated fans at this point. I noticed that even in social playlists it could be really "sweaty." A lot of us have Halo 5 specific gripes to some degree, but even in BTB it feels too frantic and demanding at times. I say this all without even mentioning how the aiming infamously feels, which isn't great (even with the update). Then you have the barrier of the controls themselves, which was only remedied for me and others by a $150 elite controller purchase (not worth it imho).

I'm sure you could still enjoy yourself, but don't expect the Halo fun of yore.

Can't believe they removed the only social 4v4 AR/Pistol starts playlist lol.

Way to go 343 playlist decision makers, you killed my interest again to casually jump into Halo 5. Should have combined HCS and Team Arena if those three playlists had too much overlap with low populations. I can't see this being a net positive for the community.

Welfare

Can't believe they removed the only social 4v4 AR/Pistol starts playlist lol.

Way to go 343 playlist decision makers, you killed my interest again to casually jump into Halo 5. Should have combined HCS and Team Arena if those three playlists had too much overlap with low populations. I can't see this being a net positive for the community.
343 said that the social playlist had consistently low pop and was just taking pop away from HCS and Arena. If no one is willing to play the social variant than why not get rid of it?

Now if only the pop counters were public...

343 said that the social playlist had consistently low pop and was just taking pop away from HCS and Arena. If no one is willing to play the social variant than why not get rid of it?

Now if only the pop counters were public...

It being the only social variant is significant though, and there's the fact that some people just don't want to play ranked. Can't tell them to not be concerned with their ranks either because so many people are, so they'd be negatively impacting the experience of others when they're just casually playing.

Why is Team Arena more important than HCS and Skirmish? They could have combined Team Arena and HCS; it'd make more sense too since those are both ranked.

op_ivy

Slayer, team arena, and hcs ranked. Zero "regular" halo social equivalent. Wut. The handling of halo always (not just a 343 thing) has these head scratchers...

op_ivy

Oh, and teammates in strongholds that get like 8 captures with zero defenses and 3 kills can go fuck themselves

op_ivy

"Congrats! You placed platinum 6! Do your best to carry the mentally handicapped for the next dozen games, will ya?"

can I break the Tashi ceiling in terms of back to back posts? Fuck you I can

mo60

Is it only req packs? I don't really need em :p

People were asking me if I stream lol

You also get entered into some draw for an xbox one x if you go to all of the planned ms store touranments and a draw for a limited edition xbox one controller if you go to at least one of the tournaments.I went to one of these today and ended up getting knocked out in the first round even though I got like 18 kills in the match I got knocked out in.In that same match someone got like 50 kills. Lol.I did better then I expected in a magnum only tournament.

Trup1aya

Seems like people all across the spectrum, from casual to pro, have been pretty satisfied with the MS store tournaments.

This would have been pretty awesome as a promotion that started around the launch of the game. The in-person experience is a key to building Halo's community.

New info about Halo 6 in this site, looks promising :)

http://generacionxbox.com/exclusiva-nuevo-halo/

last time they talked about the AI for their campaign it was a lie. We got shit AI team mates. I believed that their specific team, only working on that Halo 5 campaign AI, was going to be Amazing, i was SOOOO wrong. lol

if you're trying to boost clicks to your website .........

edit: they had a vidoc somewhere with the AI team talking about how that was their only role within 343i. Their role was to make these 3 ai members the best ever. So i know this is more in relation to the enemy AI, but at this point, anything AI related is getting a eye roll from me. *Until i see game-play evidence

wwm0nkey

You know hearing stories about Rainbow Six and remembering where Counter Strike was a few years back....I know some people here and myself have been saying it for awhile, but please Make Halo MP a Platform!

343 says they have even seen growth in Halo 5, I imagine if they would have kept sustaining it with more monthly DLC or moved big DLC updates into "Seasons" it could still grow even more.

Molten's spawns are so hilariously bad I don't understand how a professional studio could take the time to make it and push it out without seeing it's glaring flaws.

wwm0nkey

Would anyone here really not be okay with Halo MP as a platform? I would much rather prefer having a MP platform with seasons, I have been really enjoying that system and I was really like that Halo 5 was following that until the last big update.

Molten's spawns are so hilariously bad I don't understand how a professional studio could take the time to make it and push it out without seeing it's glaring flaws.
Overgrowth, Molten and Riptide were all glaringly flawed as a Halo map, don't know how any of them got past the early stages of development.

Would anyone here really not be okay with Halo MP as a platform? I would much rather prefer having a MP platform with seasons, I have been really enjoying that system and I was really like that Halo 5 was following that until the last big update.
Better sustainability yes, as a platform no. Doesn't make sense in a story driven franchise. Though 343i already has 2 strikes on the campaign side. If 342i fails in delivering a Halo campaign once again, then maybe they should change to Halo as a platform.

Juan

It really depends which game serves as a platform, since every Halo played very differently from each other (so much that I really don't know what game should be the basic model for all future titles) (at least, Destiny players don't have this problem, and that's a good thing).

Halo CE? Sure!

Halo 2? Hell yeah!

Halo 3? Hmm, why not, as long as you increase the base player movement speed.

Halo Reach? Same as Halo 3.

Halo 4? Ehhhhh.... (I would be okay as long as it plays with Legendary Slayer settings)

Halo 5? Hell no.

jem0208

It really depends which game serves as a platform, since every Halo played very differently from each other (so much that I really don't know what game should be the basic model for all future titles) (at least, Destiny players don't have this problem, and that's a good thing).

Halo CE? Sure!

Halo 2? Hell yeah!

Halo 3? Hmm, why not, as long as you increase the base player movement speed.

Halo Reach? Same as Halo 3.

Halo 4? Ehhhhh.... (I would be okay as long as it plays with Legendary Slayer settings)

Halo 5? Hell no.

Well if it does happen it'll almost certainly be Halo 5 or similar.

Top Bottom