• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

I just think it'd be nice to have another strong female in the Halo universe (and hopefully one that doesn't fall into the same military stereotype as Palmer did).

I stopped playing the Spartan side content in Halo 4 after a bit so I can't remember most of the characters but I remember not liking Palmer but thinking as they've got new Spartans there are loads of opportunities for new characters to fight alongside MC in the sequesl (or even in spin offs). Would have been nice to have John team up with a female companion as his old one is dying (or died? I can't remember) and see how he deals with a woman that doesn't live in his head.

Was hoping the Spartan on the cover would be a female but I guess that tweet up the page confirms it's another dudebro :(

And Palmer sucked because she was just the hard ass marine captain stereotype and was boring because of it.

One male character with a gun qualifies as a dudebro. New character is male. New male character is a dudebro.

I had a hard time with logic in my Quantative Literacy course.

I don't really follow any xbox news(outside major conferences, of course), so can someone please explain the hype for me? I thought this was announced a year ago during the Xbox One reveal...are people just excited for a release window(pushed back one), a cover, and concept art?

I don't get it.

Why does it matter if we knew it existed? People get excited for new information regardless. There's a new title and some implications/speculation that can be made. Why should this be any different?

bidguy

Banned
I don't really follow any xbox news(outside major conferences, of course), so can someone please explain the hype for me? I thought this was announced a year ago during the Xbox One reveal...are people just excited for a release window(pushed back one), a cover, and concept art?

I don't get it.

its halo

TheOddOne

LI9RG0w.png
BSdEh5t.gif

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah, despite the appearance I thought they kind of made sense as a guy:

1.) I don't think Microsoft has had a female character as the main character on a core game box art since Perfect Dark: Zero, especially anything resembling the tier of Halo. (Please do correct me as wrong, I was legitimately curious about this earlier off-site when speculating.)

2.) Sidelining Master Chief seemed somewhat surprising on its own, so a "safe" replacement character for box art focus seemed more straightforward.

3.) Halo 4's LTD sales were seemingly down, so I can't imagine the marketing is dying to take risks given how harsh and competitive the market is.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

I don't get it.

Because now we have a solid release window, proper box art and an official title of the game? My question would be why wouldn't you get hype if you love halo?

I can't get over how angry I am at the fact that they are keeping the Halo 4 designs, especially after all the backlash AND these two quotes from the press release.
And, most importantly, combining our passion for “Halo” with the vocal and informative input from our fans.
A game that will incorporate the things we learned from “Halo 4” about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale – and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the “Halo” universe.
I was really hoping that now that Kenneth Scott is gone that we wouldn't have to deal with the hideous Halo 4 artstyle anymore, but I guess I was wrong.

Why does it matter if we knew it existed? People get excited for new information regardless. There's a new title and some implications/speculation that can be made. Why should this be any different?

Because the information is so minimal, I assumed that there was some gigantic blowout article/video I was missing. Apparently not.

Anion

Im so glad this is going to be 60 fps. For the Halo 4, they didnt seem fluid control wise - and that made it hard for me to play well

Im so glad this is going to be 60 fps. For the Halo 4, they didnt seem fluid control wise - and that made it hard for me to play well

Didn't help that the overall speed of movement was faster in H4, exhibiting more 30fps judder than ever before. And that shitty narrow FOV...please, 343, do the right thing.

Chettlar

Banned
1. That's an elite statue in the background.
2. Looks like 3 suns in the background to me (Sanghelios is in a trinary star system - http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Sanghelios)
3."Like Earth, its atmosphere consists of oxygen, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen, but also has a reddish hue to it, perhaps indicating large amounts of iron or new rock being made by the core."

Yeah, not sure why people are saying moons. Too shiny, and plus, there's three of them. You can see a tiny sliver of the third one.

Pop

haha

I'm so pumped to sprint and jetpack around maps totally breaking them, with the addition of ADS this time!!!! /s

It's going to take a lot more than a tweet, 343. I'm extremely skeptical of anything multiplayer related after Halo 4.

EDIT: also, it's obvious that H2A is a thing at this point. I just wonder what Arbiter and Chief are going to look like.... I wonder if Chief is going to look the same as he does in Halo 4? Also, please just be a 1:1 port of Halo 2's multiplayer with updated visuals and netcode. Thank you.

I'm very skeptical as well. If the multi resembles H4 in the slightest, then I won't be owning a X1. Unless there is game modes catered to the H2/H3 mp days.

Majanew

Banned
I can't get over how angry I am at the fact that they are keeping the Halo 4 designs, especially after all the backlash AND these two quotes from the press release.

I was really hoping that now that Kenneth Scott is gone that we wouldn't have to deal with the hideous Halo 4 artstyle anymore, but I guess I was wrong.

Halo 4's art-style was good.

Bsigg12

haha

I'm very skeptical as well. If the multi resembles H4 in the slightest, then I won't be owning a X1. Unless there is game modes catered to the H2/H3 mp days.

What if instead it's Halo 5's multiplayer systems? If 343 is already tweeting about the multiplayer I'm assuming, besides a beta, we might be seeing it sooner than we think.

Looks great- looking forward to the inevitable Halo 2 Anniversary + Halo 5 + Console bundle in a couple of years. Would also kill for a Halo Themed Xbox One...

Acidote

Well, if it's a new character then I guess they're not tieing Spartan Ops directly with Halo 5 through Gabriel Thorne or something like that.

Vire

Kinda disappointed the character on the box art is a male.

Would have been nice to have a strong female lead to counter Master Chief... and no Palmer is a fucking joke of a character.

What?

There were a lot of problems with Halo 4, but the vastly improved art direction and much better looking Spartan models were certainly not among them.

As long as the fan input they're talking about involve unfucking the multiplayer, then I'm happy.

JackHerer

Here's hoping that remaking all those Halo 2 maps will bleed over into the map design for Halo 5. Halo 2 still has the best maps of any shooter IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom