• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly

Oh no, just thought it might be an annoying cocky young Spartan.

"Yo Chief, you ain't got nothing on me, eat my warthog dust gramps."

EulaCapra

On twitter Josh Holmes said the character on the cover is a man and is a brand new character.
Maybe just misdirection. Them hips don't lie and neither does that hourglass waist. Although I guess looking more closely at Master Chief, he too does have a fine hourglass.

Boxart unveiled:

iCr4FhXIQJtMf.png

Don't really get all the people who are like 'aw man, I wish it was a woman'.

I think it would have been cool if Cortana's AI was somehow put into a Spartan body and you could play along-side her or as her, instead of simply having her in your ear... but that's because of the fact that I like Cortana as a character, not because of her gender.

If the new character is interesting and adds to the universe, couldn't care what gender they are less.

AlStrong

Oh no, just thought it might be an annoying cocky young Spartan.

"Yo Chief, you ain't got nothing on me, eat my warthog dust gramps."

I'm imagining Chief just standing there for a second, and then suddenly there's a fist through the other guy's helmet.

Zocano

I haven't seen *every* post in this thread but I would have expected HaloGAF to cover me on this:

Could it be Kelly?

Or Linda?

or Fred?

I mean Bungie and subsequently 343 seem to have ignored Halo's extensive EU so it's probably me just being hopeful but given their attempt to move Chief into an actual character, bringing in the other 5 or so Spartan-IIs still alive (and last I believe doing shit for Halsey) would be a good direction. Plus I would finally like to see some more Spartan-IIs finally debut in the main line games.

edit: But it probably isn't cause the character on the cover is 1) Not in Mark-V MJOLNIR 2) Probably too short to be a Spartan-II so. Womp womp.

Barzul

I read a comment on Xbox One Reddit that said the halo game we're getting this Fall is not Halo 2A but all the Halo games on one disc with one multiplayer mode. And it'd be called Halo: The Journey. I'd totally buy that. It was all just wishful thinking, but it makes a lot of sense.

Tzeentch

I think it would have been cool if Cortana's AI was somehow put into a Spartan body and you could play along-side her or as her, instead of simply having her in your ear... but that's because of the fact that I like Cortana as a character, not because of her gender.
So EDI (from ME3) pretty much?

LQX

The fact many thought that was a female and so wanted it to be proves they really need to start being more diverse with these shooters...though Halo will always be about Master Chief.

Cant wait, just hope that under that armor there is not some whiny kid. Also, I bet he is from the future or some shit like that.

El_Chino

Guys what If the guy on the cover is this guy?
20120416025657!Jun_left.png

It is a new guy, Jun isn't new. Therefore, it is not Jun.
Has it been confirmed to be a new guy?
Well, we don't technically know that he's dead.

Don't think he's the guy on the cover, but I'd love to see him return. <3 Jun.
I miss Jun too and that was my thinking, we never really knew his fate.

Also Arby.

Come back to us, Arby!

Guys what If the guy on the cover is this guy?
20120416025657!Jun_left.png

Jun is Master Chief, though:
-Green
-Never see him die
-Doesn't talk much
-Green
-Knows what the ladies like
-Does sick no-scopes
-Has a cool black friend
-Green
-Jun=John, it's like they aren't even trying to hide it

The writing is on the wall

Also Arby.

Come back to us, Arby!
Yeah, I want Covenant/non-humans to be the player protags in Halo again. Moreover, I want different camera heights in order to better represent the differences between players. Imagine Arbiter as the same height as the taller, Predator-proportioned Reach Elites. I guess that would hurt balance since the crosshairs would probably be right at head-level for most human-sized enemies, particularly in MP... Actually, I miss higher camera heights for FPS games, in general, as most still feel like you're viewing the world from your chest. Rare is one of those few devs who made those camera heights more inline with the head of a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom