• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gestault

i127SZ6mS3dee.png

Box-mans

GhaleonEB

HYPE

It's good to see 343 acknowledge fan feedback. I'm looking forward to seeing how far this extends to game mechanics and content. I really, really hope they can recapture that Bungie magic.

I'd like to see nothing less than a full reversal of the path they went down with Halo 4. Acknowleding feedback is good, but as you said - we need to see it reflected.

Wasp

I'm surprised that this is apparently a brand new engine built from the ground up. Considering the huge development costs it seems wasteful that they made the Halo 4 engine for just one game. Unless they're lying.

Providing it was 60fps and at least 900p (preferably 1080p) I wouldn't have minded at all if Halo 5 looked like Halo 4, that game looked amazing.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to see nothing less than a full reversal of the path they went down with Halo 4. Acknowleding feedback is good, but as you said - we need to see it reflected.
Agreed. Halo 4 was a mess. It ruined so many fundamental elements of Halo multiplayer. I'm approaching Guardians like I approach most games: high hopes but low expectations.

Mesonak

I'm surprised that this is apparently a brand new engine built from the ground up. Considering the huge development costs it seems wasteful that they made the Halo 4 engine for just one game. Unless they're lying.

Providing it was 60fps and at least 900p (preferably 1080p) I wouldn't have minded at all if Halo 5 looked like Halo 4, that game looked amazing.

I could be wrong, but it's my understanding the Halo 4 engine was just a heavily modified Reach engine.

link2021

Guardian.....halo 2 and 3 is this the same guardian that kill all of us in sand trap and lockout in every map we try to break free from the boundaries. My friends this a great day we should finally get our revenge on that blasted guardian who's with me !!!

Woorloog

Banned
Seriously, EVERY SINGLE TIME I NOTICE THIS it blows my mind! lmfao

My brain always reads it as LOG hahah - How is it pronounced?

You don't pronounce it, it is impossible really. For non-Finns, i think, that is. As with Finnish in general, it is pronounced just like it is spelled. Or spelled just like it is pronounced.
I can't think of an English word where there is the kind of double-o sound like Woorloog should have.
For the record, i twisted it from the word "warlock". EDIT wait, "woor" is pronounced about the way "war" is pronounced.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I swear that reminds me so much of Spartan III armor
It reminds me more of the IVs. It's so slim and streamlined (except for the shoulders). And I'm glad they're not changing Chief's design. It was one of the best things about Halo 4!

Monocle

Yep, this series needs to be knocked back on course. I'd like to see 343 turn back the clock to Halo 3 and build from there. Probably too much to ask. We'll see.

It isn't :( I was wrong.

Confirmed not to be female. Soooo hoping it was Naomi.

It does annoy me hearing this. I feel like once they bring Kelly or Lynda, or hell just Blue Team in general, into the games; it will be the day when the Chief gets some actual character development. By this point he hasn't seen them in several years and depending on how willing ONI has been with information, doesn't even know if they are alive or not. It would be a good chance to reinforce the Chiefs Leadership abilities and just show some general Spartan badassery considering how well they work together.

Oh, well now that it's pretty clear he's an ONI ODST dude, I wonder if they'll not wuss out and actually make more significant differences between the human and the cyborg this time...ODST seemed to back away from the supposed difference between them, IMO.

Yeah, I'm buying into the fact that this character is hunting down the lone wolf Chief, ONI has ownership issues and probably doesn't want to allow John to potentially rock their lovely boat & plans.

They already did that for Reach and 4. They were niche playlists with a population that was pretty abysmal.

Why not instead have the actual non-fluff Halo be the default for the majority of game types like it was for previous iterations and make sure to call the main gametype Team Slayer, not anything else, and leave that add on AA/perk/Infinity crap in some niche playlist-- say Action Sack.

My man.

Woorloog

Banned
Oh, well now that it's pretty clear he's an ONI ODST dude, I wonder if they'll not wuss out and actually make more significant differences between the human and the cyborg this time...ODST seemed to back away from the supposed difference between them, IMO.

There is nothing indicating he is ODST. He wears Mjolnir armor, ie he must be Spartan.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm buying into the fact that this character is hunting down the lone wolf Chief, ONI has ownership issues and probably doesn't want to allow John to potentially rock their lovely boat & plans.
Seems likely. The next question: will we be playing as the new guy or just being hunted by him?

The new character could be Marlowe?

Marlowe, a rising star in a futuristic army who is troubled by aspects of the military industrial complex he inhabits. Approaching combat situations with caution and logic, he inspires loyalty in his fellow Spartans.

http://www.thewrap.com/halo-digital-feature-mike-colter-ridley-scott-good-wife/

Halo 4 me if old

how does a character troubled by the military industrial complex inspire loyalty in other members of the military industrial complex

Fracas

#fuckonami
I can dig up the tweet if people want, but one of the regular insiders (Thuway iirc, maybe someone else) has said Halo 5 is more or less open world. Kind of goes with this:

“Halo 5: Guardians” is a bigger effort than “Halo 4.” That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.

And just for the lulz, one of the purported MS E3 leaks had Halo 5 as an open world game. I'm sure Frank or someone else will shoot it down but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom