• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

I'm sure this has been mentioned in the 42 pages leading up to this, but I just noticed the ONI symbol on the cover dude's chest.

Maybe a member of some black ops S4 team?

Joe T.

I always had a hard time understanding a lot of the comments made in response to news like this, comments that wind up comparing previous games in a series against each other and going to such extremes as to call some of them utter garbage. How do you call yourselves fans of the series, or gaming in general for that matter, while saying some of these things? Game A's plot wasn't as interesting to you as Game B's, sure, but Games A, B and C were shit, developer had no idea what they were doing, etc, etc... Really? That isn't constructive criticism, it's quite literally trash talk.

I've become quite jaded over the years, but if someone catches me insulting a game/developer with the kind of words angry kids hurl at each other during recess I would hope they beat me over the head with a gravity hammer.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Nor is her name "Metroid". Metroid are space jellyfish. She's Samus.
06hzaEk.jpg

Valhelm

contribute something
At E3, after the audience watches white guy after white guy be displayed upon the screen, the new Halo dude will take off his helmet and reveal himself to be a gay Black woman.

Hawk269

why wouldn't they wait for E3? sure there were bad NPD news but eh

I only assume along with the $399.99 Xbox One that they wanted to get some information out of the way. With this information, they can spend a little less time on it because they will give it more stage time next E3. This announcement of Halo 5 Guardians and $399.99 Xbox One would of been huge headlines if saved for E3, the fact that they are talking about them now can just mean that they are extremely confident in what they plan to announce at the show.

antigoon

Wait, can we talk about this Master Chief collection thing? I wanna know what the implications are for multiplayer.

What kind of online multiplayer would they add for something like this? I was so excited at the prospect of playing Halo 2 online again with the H2A rumors, but now if 4 games are being released as some compilation package it doesn't seem likely that each game's multiplayer will also be offered intact and on XBL. That would be kinda messy.

Honestly I'd rather just have H2A with Live muiltiplayer. I'm concerned. Probably overly so.

Wait, can we talk about this Master Chief collection thing? I wanna know what the implications are for multiplayer.

What kind of online multiplayer would they add for something like this? I was so excited at the prospect of playing Halo 2 online again with the H2A rumors, but now if 4 games are being released as some compilation package it doesn't seem likely that each game's multiplayer will also be offered intact and on XBL. That would be kinda messy.

Honestly I'd rather just have H2A with Live muiltiplayer. I'm concerned. Probably overly so.

How would it be messy?

FyreWulff

I don't think they honestly care about splitting the base. Halo 2 fans would want to play H2. H3 fans would want to play H3. etc.

It'd be silly, either way, to not include Halo 2 and 3's multiplayer as they were already tuned for being playable over the internet.

Archpath1

I wonder if it will be one playlist style title like classic or just multiplayer but that plays like halo 2 or 3 (hoping 2) and will feature all maps across the board, or maps sectioned by games

Filaipus

Banned
Well if they have gameplay to show wouldn't it make sense to announce it now and show gameplay at E3?

That means 2 months of free news, 1 for the announcement and other for the gameplay. So what everyone is thinking now is Xbox and not PS. I think it's a nice move.

Jarmel

Banned
Bungie's campaigns weren't exactly great on the lore side guys. The stuff in the books were infinitely more interesting than the stuff in the actual games.

Bungie's campaigns weren't exactly great on the lore side guys. The stuff in the books were infinitely more interesting than the stuff in the actual games.

Yea, they really weren't, at least almost certainly not since the 360 releases. It had its moments, and it was at its absolute best in Halo 1 and especially 2 when they took us deeper into the covenant hierarchy and gave us more insight into the flood. I thought it was pretty average to bad at many points in Halo 3. So much missed potential there, which is why it still boggles my mind that it gets as much praise as it does. Was it a terrible game? No, but I do believe it's the worst Halo game of them all. It just had some very good ideas about where Halo could be taken from a gameplay standpoint.

I thought the lore was pretty solid in Reach, but nothing particularly amazing, mostly because that was meant to be a much more grounded story compared to the other Halo titles. It was still a much better core game than Halo 3 was though. Halo 4? I just love it to death. It gets all kinds of random hate, but I don't really care. I loved what it did with the characters and how it approached storytelling from a variety of fronts. Halo, I felt, was a game that did a good job of telling a story with its visuals and art direction, but once the series hit the 360, I felt like things were focusing way too much on impressing with large levels, instead of simply making levels that serviced fun gameplay as well as a more focused type of storytelling. Well, yea, I've said all this already. I'm a very big fan of Halo 4's campaign.

What world are they in?

Possibly Sanghelios, which is the Elite homeworld. Then again, it could also just as easily be a Forerunner Shield World. It could possibly even be the Planet Onyx, where Blue Team, Halsey and some surviving Spartan IIIs were trapped for a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom