• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

btags

H4 armor make the other variants look stiff in comparison. It's easily the best so far.

Yeah, we may be in the minority going by the other posts in this thread but Ioved the chief's armor in halo 4. The previous looks were good as well, though I thought the slimmed down, more "aerodynamic" look of 4's armor is the best.

jem0208

Yeah, we may be in the minority going by the other posts in this thread but Ioved the chief's armor in halo 4. The previous looks were good as well, though I thought the slimmed down, more "aerodynamic" look of 4's armor is the best.
I think it's the best as well. My only issue with it is that the helmet almost looks sad whereas in 2 and 3 it looks kinda mean.

btags

I think it's the best as well. My only issue with it is that the helmet almost looks sad whereas in 2 and 3 it looks kinda mean.

I see what you are saying, and I think it has to do with the fact that the "brow" portion of the helmet is less pronounced in halo 4, thus it produces a significantly lessened shadow, which in turn makes it look less menacing. In a way, it makes chief look more naive or something.

I believe the box art might be the in-game render of MC. It's just a tad more detailed than in h4, and you can also see some fixes like on the shoulders, the legs, and the visor.

iZHCeNGdaGKsU.png

Edit: I like the H5 render better because he doesn't look super skinny. The armor actually looks like it has some weight now.

Yup if it isn't just an angle trick then it definitely looks alot better.
They look alot bigger and not hovering 5 inches+ off the shoulder.

Woorloog

Banned

I wonder if the helmet looking sad is intentional. You know, foreshadowing or something.
BTW, watch the final cutscene of Halo 4, and note how a detail in the Chief's visor looks a lot like a tear drop...

abadguy

Banned

Yeah it just looks a lot sleeker and easier to move around in than the old armor.

I believe the box art might be the in-game render of MC. It's just a tad more detailed than in h4, and you can also see some fixes like on the shoulders, the legs, and the visor.

iZHCeNGdaGKsU.png

Edit: I like the H5 render better because he doesn't look super skinny. The armor actually looks like it has some weight now.

Hold up. MC took off that chest plate at the end of Halo 4. Why has no one bothered to get out that dent he's had since 2.

In honor of the most anticipated game of 2012 according to vgcchartz, I spent a few hours practicing on my old demigrant flute to do the most rich, emotional, and accurate-sounding rendition of the Halo theme by a third party to date. You're welcome, internet.

Chettlar

Banned
Reach had some pretty cool weapons.

I kinda liked the sentinal beem better.

I actually think the reason they had this game in reach was because there were no sentinels, so there needed to be a replacement.

Hold up. MC took off that chest plate at the end of Halo 4. Why has no one bothered to get out that dent he's had since 2.

Probably because they're super expensive to make, and it really isn't worth the cost of replacing it. It's really only a scratch on the front, so it's not like he's that much less protected. Idk.

ElRenoRaven

Yea i dont know if i am just hoping but it looks better in Halo 5 than Halo 4. Like the shoulders arent as floaty and it looks more compact.

Yup. I finally though figured out what I dislike about the thrusters/shoulders. If you notice there is that small section where the front of the armor meats the shoulders. In Halo 4 it angles up. If they just angled it downward to more closely cover the shoulder then I think that would shift the thrusters/shoulders downward and improve the look drastically. I noticed in the Halo 5 image it looks like they did indeed shift it a little bit. Needs to be shifted a bit more though.

NeOak

Wild theory:

New character is
son of the IsoDidact
, since they
survived the Halo firing and left the galaxy.

Ghazi

Wild theory:

New character is
son of the IsoDidact
, since they

Who is wearing a spartan suit... and working for ONI? lolwat.

Not plausible at all, unless I missed some lore or something.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Wild theory:

New character is
son of the IsoDidact
, since they
Except it's already been stated numerous times it's a NEW character. As in, we've never seen him at least in any of the games before.

Madness

It's obvious whoever it is, it'll tie into the series as well. They've long said they envision a future without Chief. And Palmer was kind of ruined with her writing and how she came off in campaign and Spartan Ops, so maybe they'll use this guy a lot in the future.

As for Chief armor, I still like the original MK VI, don't know why. I mean I get the redesign is nice and very militaristic and industrial and gritty, but I'm just too attached to the Mark V or Mark VI of Halo CE/2/3.

Here's hoping they drop most of their Halo 4 armors, bring in a lot of the Halo 3 and Reach ones and make them look better.

In honor of the most anticipated game of 2012 according to vgcchartz, I spent a few hours practicing on my old demigrant flute to do the most rich, emotional, and accurate-sounding rendition of the Halo theme by a third party to date. You're welcome, internet.

the-rock-clapping.gif

Maybe the new suits are not compatible with him?? IDK.

I like all of the iterations of the Chief's armor. Though the helmets and armor in Halo 4 multiplayer were bad, needlessly complicated.

145px-Commando.jpg

145px-Defender.jpg

Just awful...

Mesonak

I like all of the iterations of the Chief's armor. Though the helmets and armor in Halo 4 multiplayer were bad, needlessly complicated.

145px-Commando.jpg

145px-Defender.jpg

Just awful...

It's funny because those are actually on the better end of the spectrum, as bad as they may be. There are far, far worse in that game. *shudder*

rokkerkory

I really hope Chief remains... the cover suggests he evolves or someone other takes his place. =/

I only want to play as the MC, no one else.

R3TRODYCE

It also looks more protective. The Halo 4 one sure shows a lot of black, a lot of open areas not protected by the metal.

The black area isn’t actually unprotected. Halopedia says the part under the main armor is a “Titanium nanocomposite bodysuit”, and that it’s a second layer of protection against ballistics, as well as dispersing plasma shots slightly. The outer armor is just a thicker layer of titanium alloy, designed to protect the most vital spots but also not restrict movement.

So without the outer armor, it’s still basically invulnerable to small arms fire and resistant to a few shots from armor piercing or plasma rounds, plus there’s still the strength-enhancing liquid crystal layer under the bodysuit.

nib95

Banned
The desert levels should insane. I'm imagining UC3 desert graphical fidelity, taken to even greater heights, with crazy open warfare within it. Hope they have all the sand collapsing and billowing tech and all of that. Be awesome blowing up sticky bombs etc in the sand just to see how it reacts.

RoKKeR

The desert levels should insane. I'm imagining UC3 desert graphical fidelity, taken to even greater heights, with crazy open warfare within it. Hope they have all the sand collapsing and billowing tech and all of that. Be awesome blowing up sticky bombs etc in the sand just to see how it reacts.

I've also been playing around with how it's all going to look and it's very exciting. Frankie has been key to reiterate that it is, pretty much from the ground up, a brand new engine. I hope the 60fps doesn't hold them back too far in the graphics department, but I have faith in 343 delivering a true next-gen showpiece if their work on Halo 4 is anything to go by. This, along with many other 2015 games, will be the among the first truly "for next gen" developed titles, and I'd wager we're going to see and experience some things that really blow us away.

The one thing I take issue with in Halo 4 in terms of graphics is lighting. For the most part it has this very "painted on" look, which, in the more impressive and artistic campaign and multiplayer levels, makes everything look like concept art almost which I think is really neat. However, things like multiplayer Spartans or Forge maps just look absolutely horrible and unnatural. I still think Halo 3 has the best lighting out of all Halo games just because of how natural it is. I hope they go back to that with Halo 5.

chief is halo to me, I didn't like when they moved away from him.
Its good to mix it up with an ODST or Wars now and then but as far as mainline Halo I agree.
trying to bring in just some other Spartan etc to take over would be dumb, however Kelly and the others need to show up in game already its becoming pretty annoying.

LordOfChaos

The black area isn’t actually unprotected. Halopedia says the part under the main armor is a “Titanium nanocomposite bodysuit”, and that it’s a second layer of protection against ballistics, as well as dispersing plasma shots slightly. The outer armor is just a thicker layer of titanium alloy, designed to protect the most vital spots but also not restrict movement.

So without the outer armor, it’s still basically invulnerable to small arms fire and resistant to a few shots from armor piercing or plasma rounds, plus there’s still the strength-enhancing liquid crystal layer under the bodysuit.

I know that - but the bigger metal pieces are where the real stopping power is.

The one thing I take issue with in Halo 4 in terms of graphics is lighting. For the most part it has this very "painted on" look, which, in the more impressive and artistic campaign and multiplayer levels, makes everything look like concept art almost which I think is really neat. However, things like multiplayer Spartans or Forge maps just look absolutely horrible and unnatural. I still think Halo 3 has the best lighting out of all Halo games just because of how natural it is. I hope they go back to that with Halo 5.

I know what you mean with 3 looking more natural, but I did also like the sense of weight 4 gave to the lighting. I think there's a happy medium somewhere between them. Keep the feeling of real volume to lighting, turn down the bloom a bit.

All that technobabble yet Chief can be taken down with a few pistol shots without his shields.

I think I figured out the name of that other Spartan.

His name is probably Marlowe, though I'm probably late.

http://www.examiner.com/article/hal...olter-as-its-first-spartan-plus-story-details

Ridley Scott’s “Halo” digital feature captured its first Spartan on Thursday. According to a report from TheWrap, Mike Colter from the “The Good Wife” and “American Horror Story” will play the lead Spartan and we also got the first story details for the feature based on the Xbox franchise.

Scott’s “Halo” feature is already confirmed to not feature Master Chief, unlike “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.” Instead, Colter will play Marlowe who is described as “rising star in a futuristic army who is troubled by aspects of the military industrial complex he inhabits. Approaching combat situations with caution and logic, he inspires loyalty in his fellow Spartans.”

According to TheWrap, more details about the “Halo” digital feature and cast will be announced during Microsoft’s 2014 E3 media briefing scheduled for June 9. Of course, you should probably expect a few leaks leading into the event.

However, this announcement appears to confirm a few things about the project. For starters, it will revolve around the Spartan IV program, which aimed to create Spartans out of volunteers versus the childhood abductions that occurred with the Spartan II program that generated Master Chief.

Additionally, Marlowe appears to be a completely new character as memory and a quick search did not turn up a character from the games, comics or books by that name. Please correct us if that is wrong though.

The new “Halo” digital feature will have a bigger budget than the $10 million “Forward Unto Dawn” according to a Venturebeat interview with President of Xbox Entertainment Studios Nancy Tellem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom