• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this about barns?

k5aHmsF.jpg

?

Sai

Yeah what? Halo 2 and 3 armor look damn near identical.
They are. Just rendered on different platforms.

I'm kind of torn between the ol' Mark VI and the 343i redesign. I appreciate the added detail, and the fact that it actually looks more like this advanced piece of military gear. But... It just looks so off to me in certain areas.

They are. Just rendered on different platforms.

I'm kind of torn between the ol' Mark VI and the 343i redesign. I appreciate the added detail, and the fact that it actually looks more like this advanced piece of military gear. But... It just looks so off to me in certain areas.

New gloves bro.

Prologue

I was looking over the halo 4 cutscenes. From the first few minutes, Halsey suspected that the guy she was talking to wants to replace chief.

Madness

I hope more color is used in the newer Halo game. I always loved the brighter palette, the neons and the greens and purples. I don't like a lot of that next gen filter look, with yellows, and browns and cool blues and how a deep red starts to look like a washed out orange.

I hope more color is used in the newer Halo game. I always loved the brighter palette, the neons and the greens and purples. I don't like a lot of that next gen filter look, with yellows, and browns and cool blues and how a deep red starts to look like a washed out orange.

Yeah, H4 wasn't all that bad in that respect. H3 was pretty good.
Style-wise Reach was a bit on the other end, to the slightly too gritty side. With respect to the franchise.

Obscured

I have a feeling that someday it will be topped, but I'm clueless as to how.

Shaky cam vertical video of a fax machine, which then prints out hundreds of sheets of paper. The stack is gathered together, stapled, then turned over and finally flipbook-style the first gameplay of halo 5 will be shared with the world.

Oh, damn... I can't remember; did we ever find out who that dude was?
Unless I missed something in escalations I don't think any new info is given about him.
Probably just a no name ONI operative that was just meant to represent ONIs interest in the cheif/Halsey and not a individual.

Yeah, I'm into the brighter palette, too. Especially purple. I really hope that 343 doesn't ditch out on purple again. Going to visit purpley alien places will be glorious.

Str1ke4

I was looking over the halo 4 cutscenes. From the first few minutes, Halsey suspected that the guy she was talking to wants to replace chief.

How can you replace Master chief. Hes the best soldier humanity has and saved the enite human race. You can't just replace him.

iMax

Unless I missed something in escalations I don't think any new info is given about him.
Probably just a no name ONI operative that was just meant to represent ONIs interest in the cheif/Halsey and not a individual.

If this means Chief could potentially be going up against ONI, then this will be awesome.

ryan299

If this means Chief could potentially be going up against ONI, then this will be awesome.

One of the Halo 5 rumors from earlier in the year said the campaign would be open world and Chief would go rogue. If true, then ONI would def go after him.

One of the Halo 5 rumors from earlier in the year said the campaign would be open world and Chief would go rogue. If true, then ONI would def go after him.
Not sure how I feel about human vs human in a Halo game. Just doesn't fit, we have enough non human factions to fight against as it is:
Covenant remnant
Forerunner (Reqiuem Prometheans/ sentinels or actual Forerunners)
Brutes
Flood
Arbiters Elites (there is peace for now but if Arbie found out about what ONI is doing behind their backs I think they would be in trouble).
Possible Precursors or new enemies.

I think they can make do with out fighting humans. Otherwise just add ADS and we have COD: future future warfare 2557.

eso76

I don't know what it is, but I keep falling for Halo despite telling to myself I lost interest in the series long ago.

2015 is the year of Halo 5 and Forza 6. I'll probably jump back in for those, if not earlier.

Not

Banned
Can't believe that's not a woman. They could have gone the Samus route and I would have definitely picked up this game. Dudebros will play games with female progagonists. Probably. Take a risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom