• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Launch Day Multiplayer Playlist Revealed

I do hope they do something with the kill cam. It'd be useful for me if you could get a better idea of what the other person did to beat you, but in Halo 4 the other persons shots are never even close to you on the killcam.

They don't have the killcam anymore, but the camera will always swing in the direction of the player that killed you if memory serves.

They don't have the killcam anymore, but the camera will always swing in the direction of the player that killed you if memory serves.

Ok sweet. I prefer that. I missed out of the beta so I wasn't sure how they were handling it. Just a random thought as I was playing H4 this morning.

I do hope they do something with the kill cam. It'd be useful for me if you could get a better idea of what the other person did to beat you, but in Halo 4 the other persons shots are never even close to you on the killcam.

I don't think killcam is in the game anymore.

Trup1aya

Hmm... I feel like kill cam shouldn't be on the game at all... If you need to find out what happened, check it out on theatre...

killcam is garbage. keep that shit out of halo

Last Kill cam would be amazing, though.

Oooh, or final play cam. last kill, final 15 seconds of the gamewinning flag run, that sort of thing.

Kalamari

I agree, killcams are unnecessary, they add nothing tangible to a game like Halo. Gameplay is slow enough that you should know who killed you.

shoreu

It increased when ranks were wiped out and players can go in freely without worry of losing their rank and getting matches quicker. In a ranked playlist, match waiting is longer by finding similar players and with party restrictions in play.

Halo 3's BTB went unranked not even a year after launch. Halo: Reach's BTB was unranked from the get-go and it was always in the mix of the upper populated playlists with Infection and Team Slayer. Halo 4 it was similar.

Seeing Objectives pretty much ignored in these new playlists isn't much of a surprise. In Reach when Bungie handed over the playlists, 343 added Flag Slayer to Team Objective for pete's sake; they heavily decreased the weighting for Flag and Assault in Big Team. In Halo 4 they were pushing Oddball and King of the Hill as individual playlists, and quite frankly, they weren't very popular. I mean, of course they won't. You don't put Oddball on every single small or midsize map. It's not balanced, nor fun.

I can't lie though 343's oddball is far more interesting than Bungie's I actually enjoy the gametype.

Zeta Oni

Lol i feel you..

But there's nothing wrong with using theater after the match to learn your weaknesses...

It's like a sports team watching the tape after a game...

Oh not at all, i use theater all time for similar reasons. Killcams however, change the way casuals play the game on a fundamental level, so their inclusion in games that aren't meant to be crazy fast paced always bothers me.

The only circumstances I find killcams even halfway acceptable is if its a round based mode with no respawning, a la Counter Strike or Search and Destroy.

krang

"I don't want people to know where I'm camping" is basically what you lot are saying.

;-)

I do agree it doesn't work in Halo. Hated it in 4.

Well, that sucks... I've been lied to by that poster and I spread misinformation based on that...

It's so weird, because multiple others said the same, so I'm confused if that was really said on the sream. I doubt it, though.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I brought that guy to your attention (along with the rest of HaloENT).

DAMN YOU NIPPLE VIKING

It would be more interesting than watching 4 Spartans walk up to the camera and high five.

or we could just watch the screen fade to black while we betray each other like the good old days.

Like I said last week, seeing this as the game winner on a final kill cam would be amazing, and hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXorYxXUSVg

don't imagine this or ground pound being frequent end game kills but would definitely be cool

Blueblur1

So they really did count Forge maps as actual maps... Well, that bodes well for the post-launch map content.

EckH9c8kzRLGg.gif

I agree, killcams are unnecessary, they add nothing tangible to a game like Halo. Gameplay is slow enough that you should know who killed you.

So they're unnecessary? Why is that a reason not to have them then?

I think Killcams would increase average skill. People would learn your tricks.

JackHerer

Wait... so the game only launches with 12 real maps? 6 Warzone and 6 Arena? That is not really enough IMO.

I doubt that the DLC will include Forge maps. Then they would truly be trolling us.

Edit: I see it's actually eight Arena maps. That's better. I thought it would be more than 14 though. What was the original number they gave again?

Wait... so the game only launches with 12 real maps? 6 Warzone and 6 Arena? That is not really enough IMO.

I doubt that the DLC will include Forge maps. Then they would truly be trolling us.

Edit: I see it's actually eight Arena maps. That's better. I thought it would be more than 14 though. What was the original number they gave again?

That's pretty good for the game's launch, especially considering Warzone maps are absolutely humongous, and with lots of interactive objects. They certainly won't get old any time soon (I still regularly play BF4, and I get a kick out the vanilla maps like Siege of Shanghai). In my opinion, a game that focuses equally on singleplayer and multiplayer doesn't necessarily need a lot of maps initially; they just need to be good maps.

Then there's the matter of free maps. We likely won't have big map packs, as they'll be free. They're more likely going to be released one or two at a time, every month or three.

That's pretty good for the game's launch, especially considering Warzone maps are absolutely humongous.
I would agree with you if so many of them weren't homogenous looking in my opinion. Arena-wise there's
5 UNSC maps
2 Covie
1 Forerunner
Halo 3 shipped with way too many forerunner themed maps in my opinion but even then those varied heavily in atmosphere.

I would agree with you if so many of them weren't homogenous looking in my opinion. Arena-wise there's
5 UNSC maps
2 Covie
1 Forerunner
Halo 3 shipped with way too many forerunner themed maps in my opinion but even then those varied heavily in atmosphere.

Agree to disagree, I suppose. There's clearly a lot of work done to prevent the sameness of design that plagued many maps in Halo 4, and I most certainly disagree on your implication that Halo 5's maps lack atmosphere. There's a very different feel between even Empire and Eden, which are modified versions of each other. Looking at Fathom (underwater research complex) and The Rig (mining rig on a craggy planet), there's clearly some dramatic visual differences at work.

Also, only two maps available at launch in Halo 5 are actually UNSC-based (the aforementioned Fathom and The Rig). Eden and Empire are set in the industrial region of a human city (absent of UNSC design), and Plaza is simply an urban setting. I get what you mean when you say UNSC, but there's definitely more to it than that when it comes to their visual design; the Plaza looks nothing like The Rig, The Rig looks nothing like Empire, and Empire looks nothing like Fathom.

Also, only two maps available at launch in Halo 5 are actually UNSC-based (the aforementioned Fathom and The Rig). Eden and Empire are set in the industrial region of a human city (absent of UNSC design), and Plaza is simply an urban setting. I get what you mean when you say UNSC, but there's definitely more to it than that when it comes to their visual design; the Plaza looks nothing like The Rig, The Rig looks nothing like Empire, and Empire looks nothing like Fathom.
They still look pretty similar to me honestly, the Rigs architecture is alot of grates, grey walls, and pipes, same with Fathom,Empire, and Eden. Sure they all have different themes and such, but the architecture and the color palette of objects are all very samey. It especially is disappointing to me since there are some great areas from the campaign that we've seen that could easily have maps themed after them (desert map on Sanghelios, snow on Kamchatka, gloomy Alien-esque vibe on Argent moon)

Top Bottom