• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 reminds me of Street Fighter III

The problem that I have with the game is the gameplay, I found the MP soooo boring compare to previous title. It's so dynamic/quick it's totally the opposite of what Halo was in MP back in the past. I come back from job, I don't have time or the desire to play competitive against pro players every day when I'm tired. Until now they were no fun playlist but thanks god they are adding FF, Infection, Grifball but I think it's really too late sadly.
For example they are just adding the PGC with this month update in order to see the medals you made in the match. these kind of thing should be present at launch for an Halo Title. But yeah basically my main problem is that you don’t have time to think and enjoy your kills in H5 and this evade thingy destroy each duals now, as soon as you are shoot from somewhere everyone run/slide/evade everything this is just so boring and frustrating.

Also no BR slayer playlist yet we are stuck with this damn pistol!!! I loved the M6D but damn put different variants, DMR slayer, BR slayer, H2BR Slayer, CE pistol slayer etc. and I want a VETO ala H3 as well. Why not a classic slayer playlist without abilities and the H2 BR a lot of classic fan will be pleased and happy..

I have still these COD feeling when I play H5 (the redesign of UNSC weapons does not help to think otherwise either like the Rocket for example). I also dislike the Warzone, BTB is far better and there are no true maps for it :/ and still the H4 BTB was just the best thanks to the starting loadouts (BR,Carbine,DMR etc.)

About the Forge, it is amazing BUT why they could not do a basic/advance setting because now the forge is barely useable for mostly of the players that want simply put a road a mongoose and have fun with friends. So why everything in H5 is so “deep” and “complex” if you handle all of these the game is really fun, I have fun with it! But if you want casual gaming on it forget totally and then 70% of the players left (+ no split screen support as well)
Bungie were able to give both side competitive and casual despite some huge mistakes like the armor lock.

Anyway this is not a bad game at all and it's far better than at launch thanks to the amazing support made on the game for free from 343i (really congrats on that part guys), but I think this is the Halo that everyone will stop to play when the other will be released specially when the PRO stuff and players will be finished and move to the next one.

Jumeira

Banned
Halo fan since day 1, I found h5 to be the best playing Halo and mechanically the most refined fps on the market. It's a joy to control and play.

Welfare

I really think people need to give 343 a break. Halo5 has so much content.

Not really. Maybe 7 months later, it has some content.

Those playlists you list aren't missing features, they're not part of the amazing Arena experience that Halo 5 offers. That's the thing to focus on, that Arena is brilliant, not that you can't load a juggernaut playlist any time you want.

Well, even we want to have separate playlists for those game types, those game types don't exist in the game.

These are the only Arena modes in Halo 5.

Slayer [Varients such as SWAT and FFA go here]
CTF
Strongholds
Breakout
Ball game type [Assault/Grifball] [Added in February]
Infection [Added in May]

That's fucking pathetic.

It blows my mind how much Halo5 does and how well it does it and how negative people are about it. It's the best multiplayer Halo ever and yet the thing to focus on is that they've streamlined the multiplayer matching for an even better experience.

It must be so depressing delivering amazing software and having people work so hard to find ways to say it's not good enough.

Celebrate what it is, don't hate it for what it isn't.
Halo 5 Arena does not do much at all. Gameplay may be amazing, but the amount of content is tiny. It is not good enough.

Snackawho

This exact thread is the reason that I would never want to be in 343's shoes. Too many people have differing opinions on what Halo games are good and where they go with the gameplay. A lot of people love Halo 5's gameplay (me included) but then there's others who prefer halo 1's gameplay, or halo 2's gameplay, or halo 3's gameplay, or even halo reach and halo 4 gameplay.

At this point its impossible to please everyone in the halo community. All of their halo titles releasing in the future WILL have divisive opinions on it. All of their halo titles WILL get hated on. I really don't envy their position. I probably couldn't deal with that kind of stress and pressure

This exact thread is the reason that I would never want to be in 343's shoes. Too many people have differing opinions on what Halo games are good and where they go with the gameplay. A lot of people love Halo 5's gameplay (me included) but then there's others who prefer halo 1's gameplay, or halo 2's gameplay, or halo 3's gameplay, or even halo reach and halo 4 gameplay.

At this point its impossible to please everyone in the halo community. All of their halo titles releasing in the future WILL have divisive opinions on it. All of their halo titles WILL get hated on. I really don't envy their position. I probably couldn't deal with that kind of stress and pressure

Thankfully they're not trying to please the entire Halo community, as that's a suicide mission for developers who don't value their lives or sanity.

What they seemed to have focused on with Halo 5 is building a solid gameplay base. Other things were missing, modes and a wider variety of maps. The campaign had some missteps that I think are more the result of egregious cuts and a reformed action plan than anything else.

With Halo 6, they simply need to refine the Halo 5 gameplay systems and build on top of what is arguably the most solid gameplay foundation in Halo history with a good stable of release and post-release maps and a rock-solid campaign that I feel will be Master Chief's last hurrah.

Snackawho

Not really. Maybe 7 months later, it has some content.

Well, even we want to have separate playlists for those game types, those game types don't exist in the game.

These are the only Arena modes in Halo 5.

Slayer [Varients such as SWAT and FFA go here]
CTF
Strongholds
Breakout
Ball game type [Assault/Grifball] [Added in February]
Infection [Added in May]

That's fucking pathetic.

Halo 5 Arena does not do much at all. Gameplay may be amazing, but the amount of content is tiny. It is not good enough.

I think you're being a little unfair. For one I don't know why you're just completely omitting Warzone and its variants and also just compare Halo 5's slate to other multiplayers on the market right now. Look at Overwatch. That game in essence only really has 4 gamemodes right now. Look at battlefield 4. At launch it really only had rush, conquest, team deathmatch, and i think domination. Thats only 4 unless you include the squad variants. Look at battlefront, etc. The only game that really has more than halo 5 is cod and obviously they have the benefit of not having to deal with a whole new engine. So no I think using the word pathetic is wayyyy too much. Yeah its a little lacking compared to previous titles but compared to the market it's really good, and obviously post launch has given us even more.

Btw you also forgot fiesta as a seperate game mode

Zeta Oni

I think you're being a little unfair. For one I don't know why you're just completely omitting Warzone and its variants and also just compare Halo 5's slate to other multiplayers on the market right now. Look at Overwatch. That game in essence only really has 4 gamemodes right now. Look at battlefield 4. At launch it really only had rush, conquest, team deathmatch, and i think domination. Thats only 4 unless you include the squad variants. Look at battlefront, etc. The only game that really has more than halo 5 is cod and obviously they have the benefit of not having to deal with a whole new engine. So no I think using the word pathetic is wayyyy too much. Yeah its a little lacking compared to previous titles but compared to the market it's really good, and obviously post launch has given us even more.

Btw you also forgot fiesta as a seperate game mode

I agree with this.

Also, I'm pretty sure fiesta has been replaced with SWAT FFA. Which, nobody asked for.

I'm Dhalsim, fools.

giphy.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I agree with this.

Also, I'm pretty sure fiesta has been replaced with SWAT FFA. Which, nobody asked for.

SWAT FFA was misconfigured too. Should have been 25 kills or more players. Lesson learned.

And the people have been heard on Super Fiesta. I ALMOST enjoyed the sad times you spawn with an AR and a regular hammer.

Zeta Oni

Super fiesta was the shit, lol.

Hell yes it was.

Except that moment you spawn with a storm rifle and a suppressor and the enemy team is prophets bane and rocket launcher central.

Actually, nah that's part of the fun.

SWAT FFA was misconfigured too. Should have been 25 kills or more players. Lesson learned.

And the people have been heard on Super Fiesta. I ALMOST enjoyed the sad times you spawn with an AR and a regular hammer.

Happy to hear that, stuff like super fiesta, the upcoming infection update, and warzone firefight are really important to the overall experience imo.

The reason being is that they are all good playlists to jump to after you just got your ass kicked in regular arena or warzone, and so having something to relax and have a bit of fun with helps keep one interested in playing the same game, rather than switching out games to something else to scratch that itch.

Top Bottom