• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

monome

Monocle said:
The terminals . . . HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG. Best part of the remake by far. The remastered sound comes in second. The rocket launcher's melee and reload effects are so good with those satisfying deep thunks. I've been enjoying the enhanced music too.

I can't give the graphics unqualified praise. Although the new ultra-busy, everything-glows style is attractive at times, it's not faithful to the original, whose foreboding starkness invoked such a powerful sense of age and mystery. I'll always see Halo that way. It's one of the major reasons I love the game, and now it seems that, canonically, that's never how Installation 04 looked. The thought doesn't exactly cheer me up.

I say the original game was well served by the limitations imposed by the technology of its time. In general, too much artistic license was taken in Anniversary. Frequently it falls on the wrong side of the line between ornate and garish. While it's true that I can revisit the classic art any time I like just by pressing a button, I would much prefer the option to play with updated graphics that more closely resemble the original's.

I second you in liking and wanting a more subdued Forunner design philosophy.

Forunner Art Direction in Anniversary does indeed not match the multiple official artworks. It's glowiness might be a one-off due to the technical limitations of Anniversary.
Also from Cryptum descriptions, they used far more transparent and reconfigurable structures as what we've seen from the games.

monome

Monocle said:
The terminals . . . HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG. Best part of the remake by far. The remastered sound comes in second. The rocket launcher's melee and reload effects are so good with those satisfying deep thunks. I've been enjoying the enhanced music too.

I can't give the graphics unqualified praise. Although the new ultra-busy, everything-glows style is attractive at times, it's not faithful to the original, whose foreboding starkness invoked such a powerful sense of age and mystery. I'll always see Halo that way. It's one of the major reasons I love the game, and now it seems that, canonically, that's never how Installation 04 looked. The thought doesn't exactly cheer me up.

I say the original game was well served by the limitations imposed by the technology of its time. In general, too much artistic license was taken in Anniversary. Frequently it falls on the wrong side of the line between ornate and garish. While it's true that I can revisit the classic art any time I like just by pressing a button, I would much prefer the option to play with updated graphics that more closely resemble the original's.

I like how Terminals somewhat have an art style close to the Halo Evolutions animated comics, albeit on much bigger production values.

As for teh game graphics I was disappointed at first then I just did not pay attention which for a 10 year-old game remake (and not reinvention) is quite praise worthy.
I see the campaign graphics as a good but plain meal, with the MP maps as never ending buffet of delicious desserts.

TheOddOne

343 General Manager said during the Gameinformer interview that they did not want to put core 343 team on hold to do the remake. Thats why they contracted an outside team.

David Ellis promised us details in the future on the development of Anniversary, hopefully he keeps his promise ;)

My copy is here, I have work in a few hours, will slip in a little time to play as it is a MUST

Also avatar halo suit is rather cool for free, i'm happy.

Zeouterlimits said:
Ha, glad I'm not the only one.
Switching between the Pistol and the Plasma Rifle to listen to the sound effects is something I've been doing a lot too.
I find myself mashing the melee button a lot during down times because I love hearing the audio.
Monocle said:

Yup. Most of my complaints about Anniversary stem from "it's a remake, not a re-imagining" line of thinking.

It has me worried for Halo 4.

monome

Dax01 said:
I find myself mashing the melee button a lot during down times because I love hearing the audio.

Yup. Most of my complaints about Anniversary stem from "it's a remake, not a re-imagining" line of thinking.

It has me worried for Halo 4.

Why worried?

In preparation for Halo 4 we have books by major sci-fi authors, a celebration of the tenth anniversary of the franchise and a rather smooth passing of torch between Bungie and 343 on Reach/Stats tracking.

El Frankie is having the time of its life and I'm sure he's gonna pass some of the goodness of his life on us, poor peasants.

Timing Halo 4 with the apparent end of the 360 cycle is also quite a good excuse to produce a rather by the letter Halo as we probably won't have great innovations in gamplay/presentation in every game franchise before a year or two in next-gen.

Wht i'm worried of is COD is gone from a strong franchise to a juggernaut Halo does not even come close to in terms of MP population.

I wouldn't mind if Halo introduced a new MP paradigm to retain its gameplay while knitting together its community which seems a bit less mass-centric than what it seemed to be.

Clearly teenage boys rather play COD, so how can Halo grow without becoming niche?
Or can it sustain itself on being niche? Not everybody has money to spend like I do in buying games, comics, books, encyclopedias, toys to bash in the this joyous franchise.

EDIT : while i do employ niche for what it means, a niche user base for halo still would account for lower numbers millions players.
As a Halo fan I refuse to play COD MP because I look for escapism in my games, my other guilty pleasure is Uncharted MP.
And Gears because its where my friends are at.

Woorloog

Banned
Feels like i'm the only one who likes the Forerunner art direction in Anniversary, with some minor gripes mostly concering texture patterns (tunnels in Assault on the Control Room) and too light gray used on them. Also, some purple could've been more blueish-purple (used very sparingly in the classic graphics) but i have nothing against use of purple.
NPC models are bigger issue, they just don't fit the game quite right. Reach models are nice but not quite right here.

A general story gripe: Why the fuck is not "Fortress World" used more often? It's like the term is mentioned only once and then forgotten, almost retconned away. The Monitors use "Installation", The Covenant uses "Sacred Ring" and "Halo", humans use "Halo" and Forerunner should use "Fortress World". But i don't see that. Halo 3 terminals, Halo: Cryptum, always "Installations"... sigh.

JB1981

Woorloog said:
Hell yeah! Vaulting, grabbing ledges, ability to "double jump" (jump on something and jump again immediatly to gain boost)... Combine Halo with Mirror's Edge, Faith with the strength of a Spartan.
Won't be happening for Halo 4 though, very unlikely... but maybe next gen, maybe Halo 5?
Oh and if armor abilities were implemented as "modes", something you can switch on the fly but have only one active at time.

Yea right the community would lose their minds.

monome

Woorloog said:
Feels like i'm the only one who likes the Forerunner art direction in Anniversary, with some minor gripes mostly concering texture patterns (tunnels in Assault on the Control Room) and too light gray used on them. Also, some purple could've been more blueish-purple (used very sparingly in the classic graphics) but i have nothing against use of purple.
NPC models are bigger issue, they just don't fit the game quite right. Reach models are nice but not quite right here.

A general story gripe: Why the fuck is not "Fortress World" used more often? It's like the term is mentioned only once and then forgotten, almost retconned away. The Monitors use "Installation", The Covenant uses "Sacred Ring" and "Halo", humans use "Halo" and Forerunner should use "Fortress World". But i don't see that. Halo 3 terminals, Halo: Cryptum, always "Installations"... sigh.

I thought fortress worlds meant slipspace bubble places like in Glasslands, whereas Installations refer specifically to the Halo Fire Array Ring Worlds

monome

JB1981 said:

No.
As part of the community I enjoy fast and smooth gameplay. Both Mirror's Edge and Brink gameplays are just not well enough implemented but the idea behind it is tempting and it could be a major card to play against other shooters if 343 gets it right ; just as Bungie was first to make a shooter right on console, well second after Rare, but first on dual analog.

So I started playing, watched the intro video everything looks a little washed out like reach, first thing I did was go into the options and so happy to see there is a brightness and contrast slider, few adjustments and started playing.

Game looks so damn good especially with the old engine running behind the scenes, gameplay is as awesome as ever.

LOVE IT!!!!

New sounds are nice, more beefy AR, pistol still sounds like it packs a punch, very nice lighting and i'm still only on PoA.

Woorloog

Banned
monome said:
I thought fortress worlds meant slipspace bubble places like in Glasslands, whereas Installations refer specifically to the Halo Fire Array Ring Worlds
Nope. 343GS refers to shield worlds as "Shield Installation" in Halo 3. So Installation is not reserved for Halos alone. And Cortana flatout states in AOTCR ending cutscene "Forerunner called this place "Fortress World" in order to..."
JB1981 said:
The problem with many Halo players (well, at least based on HaloGaf) is that they want the game stay just like it is, with new maps. Me, i want it to evolve but keep basic Halo gameplay (pick up weapons, energy shields, 'nades, no bloom) but with a lot of new stuff, not just half-assed tries like equipment (not balanced properly though liked them otherwise) or armor abilities. Besides, if you replace jumping animation by vaulting one (while still being able to shoot) when you "jump" over a low obstacle, how does that change the game other than make it look more cool and feel more fluid?

Diablohead said:
So I started playing, watched the intro video everything looks a little washed out like reach, first thing I did was go into the options and so happy to see there is a brightness and contrast slider, few adjustments and started playing.

Default settings out the box look vibrant for me, but yeah the video seems dark and a bit washed out.

monome said:
Hey, after reading Glasslands and having seen some Terminals from Halo Anniversary, I feel like discussing possible spoilers.

Since the end of Glasslands introduces a unamed major and powerfull ennemy (has to be be to wipe the center of the biggest covenant city), we're are treated by flashing and menacing Didact logos in the Terminals of Halo Anniversary.
Cryptum has introduced new lore about the Didact, mainly that the one refered to by 343 Guilty Spark is not the original one but is Cryptum main protagonist Bornstellar since the original Didact is dead by the end of Cryptum and has passed on his genes onto Bornstellar.
As Bornstellar seems not to be the main protagonist of Primordium as the book seems to switch to the perspective of an ancient Human, Chakas, what's up with the Didact?
Also in Primordium's introduction, Chakas is talking to one who he calls the last true reclaimer. Since Halo 4 and so on is the Reclaimer trilogy, I don't think I'm jumping the shark saying he is talking to the Master Chief.
Now what do we have : Master Chief meets the probably last ancient Human. Bornstellar has become the Didact. The Timeless one is the last of its kind and he has probably created the Flood to punish the Forunners from taking the Mantle from them.
But why would the Didact be an enemy of the Chief? in the terminals Guilty Spark says the reclaimers are better off taking on the Flood rather than the angry Didact.
What did the Librarian do with human DNA and why.
And why would the Didact have chosen to survive Halo's firing? to fight the Timeless One when the time comes?
Hummmm...

A bit long, sorry. but i'd be happy to discuss it!
lol at your question. Halo: Primoridum, Halo 4 and Halo UNSC Novel #2 are coming next year. We hopefully will get some answers :) What I want to say with this: No one really can answer your question except the 343i guys and the authors of the books. So you have to wait unfortunately. At the end I can clarify something: Bonesteller doesn't exist anymore. He is the Didact at the end of Cryptum. :)

monome

Woorloog said:
Nope. 343GS refers to shield worlds as "Shield Installation" in Halo 3. So Installation is not reserved for Halos alone. And Cortana flatout states in AOTCR ending cutscene "Forerunner called this place "Fortress World" in order to..."

The problem with many Halo players (well, at least based on HaloGaf) is that they want the game stay just like it is, with new maps. Me, i want it to evolve but keep basic Halo gameplay (pick up weapons, energy shields, 'nades, no bloom) but with a lot of new stuff, not just half-assed tries like equipment (not balanced properly though liked them otherwise) or armor abilities. Besides, if you replace jumping animation by vaulting one (while still being able to shoot) when you "jump" over a low obstacle, how does that change the game other than make it look more cool and feel more fluid?

Thanks for correction.

As regards to the community, I don't have data on the population playing Halo expect Live charts, but I really see a trend as youger gamers gravitating around COD and not Halo.
I do believe a more mature community, which we probably represent, is more acceptable of real change if that said change propels Halo gameplay towards a more next-geny experience.
I'm not tech oriented but wouldn't a more powerfull console and better coding be able to provide solutions not reachable (pun intended) before?

PsychoRaven said:
So Complete on normal with all skulls and terminals found. Terminals were all pretty easy to find and skulls were easy to find and get to minus two of them that were a pain to get to. So I'll give my final thoughts on it with new graphics and sound.
Great writeup, sir. All I had the chance to do last night was play a couple of rounds of Firefight (my god, the best Firefight map ever) and hop around on a couple of the maps. Probably won't get to the campaign until this weekend, but based on your comments I have lots to look forward to, as expected. Hopefully your cons won't stick out in my mind too much.

monome

Hypertrooper said:
lol at your question. Halo: Primoridum, Halo 4 and Halo UNSC Novel #2 are coming next year. We hopefully will get some answers :) What I want to say with this: No one really can answer your question except the 343i guys and the authors of the books. So you have to wait unfortunately. At the end I can clarify something: Bonesteller doesn't exist anymore. He is the Didact at the end of Cryptum. :)

getting ready for a second helping of Cryptum but I had not sensed he was completely the Didact without traces of its former state.
And yeah I know my answers are waiting somewhere in 343 vaults but I love speculation and although a fan I'm not very nitpicky in my readings so I enjoy corrections by more accute Halo fans
So far I think introducing the Didact as an enemy could be a way of maintaining Halo's tradition of three-way fighting, because although the lore has plenty on man vs man fighting I don't see it happen ever in the games

Photolysis said:
Default settings out the box look vibrant for me, but yeah the video seems dark and a bit washed out.
I share my xbox with my pc monitor and have it set up perfectly for my pc work, so when it comes to 360 games over vga even with the darker setting on the xbox it's usually always a little too grey, so in game sliders are most welcome. Not all games have this problem however like NFS and forza they look perfect as is.

RedStep

plagiarize said:
so no 3D impressions yet. BOO!

I'm playing in 3D (LG 55").

I'm very impressed with it. There is a dip in resolution, but I feel it's worth it. The sense of depth is great, a good mix of "in" and "out" 3D. So the hallways stretch off into the distance, but if you crouch next to a friendly soldier his gun will pop out of your TV about a foot or two. The HUD is unobtrusive. 3D doesn't work in Classic mode.

This is the best 3D I've seen on 360 so far. I played Assassin's Creed: Revelations immediately following and was disappointed in the depth and the horrible tearing. Batman: AC was also disappointing (but both are good games).

Halo's the first 3D game that doesn't feel like a novelty for me. It adds quite a bit to the experience.

Killer

Banned
I don't know if it the right place to ask but i'm gonna ask anyway.

How does the custom challenges work? i sent invites to my friends but i don't know if they have to accept through the game or halo waypoint? Also, my progress on those challenges only appears on the website and not in game. Couldn't find any explanation anywhere.

RedStep said:

I'm very impressed with it. There is a dip in resolution, but I feel it's worth it. The sense of depth is great, a good mix of "in" and "out" 3D. So the hallways stretch off into the distance, but if you crouch next to a friendly soldier his gun will pop out of your TV about a foot or two. The HUD is unobtrusive. 3D doesn't work in Classic mode.

This is the best 3D I've seen on 360 so far. I played Assassin's Creed: Revelations immediately following and was disappointed in the depth and the horrible tearing. Batman: AC was also disappointing (but both are good games).

Halo's the first 3D game that doesn't feel like a novelty for me. It adds quite a bit to the experience.
Thanks. Sounds solid then. Was expecting a resolution hit even if I was hoping there wouldn't be one. I don't now about ACR, but batman doesn't do full 3d. It uses a trick called reprojection which is hideous if you are as right eye dominant as I am, and which limits the depth.

Sounds like Halo is doing it the way the best looking ps3 and PC games do it by fully rendering each eye. Any guesses on that resolution?

monome said:
getting ready for a second helping of Cryptum but I had not sensed he was completely the Didact without traces of its former state.
And yeah I know my answers are waiting somewhere in 343 vaults but I love speculation and although a fan I'm not very nitpicky in my readings so I enjoy corrections by more accute Halo fans
So far I think introducing the Didact as an enemy could be a way of maintaining Halo's tradition of three-way fighting, because although the lore has plenty on man vs man fighting I don't see it happen ever in the games
If I had the time, I would write a big article about the whole information we got through Cryptum, the Terminals and Glasslands. Maybe I should do it.

Did I say that Bonestellar is a Didact without traces of its fromer state? I don't think so. ;) The Librarian makes it clear, that he is the Didact. He tries to say "I'm a merely..." but the Librarian interrupts him and says "You are him". There is still some parts from the Bonestellar left I hope.

DoctorWho said:
Are there Cryptum references in the terminals? Oh fuck. Going to pick it up this weekend.
If you read Cryptum in advance, you will maybe understand more or get some references. :)

Any one else having trouble with the co-op gameplay? Maybe lag related, but not sure:

Co-op partner respawning without weapons.
Co-op partner unable to zoom on any weapons.
Me & co-op partner both having difficulty with "button activations" being recognized.

A few stray observations:
  • There's no drop-out gameplay in the co-op. You partner drops out, you're booted to the menu.
  • There's no indicator that your co-op partner has died, so you're got to communicate that verbally.
  • Do plasma grenades feel like they've got a really long timer to anyone else? 1...2...Is that thing gonna go off?...3...4...BOOM! Seems a lot longer.
  • The levels get a lot better looking once you get to Halo. T&R outside is much improved.
  • Had my first that never happened in CE moment. I took my warthog off the high cliff in front of the Natural Formation Cave and when my warhog landed nose first into a rock, it exploded.
  • Just like CE, co-op is where the magic is.
  • There are a lot of new sound effects, like the charging of the plasma pistol when you draw it, to the subtle "pew pew pew" when you hit the Elite's shield with bullets.
  • The best new sound is the sniper rifle, which sounds like a cannon going off. I flinch when I pull the trigger.
  • There are a lot of new visual effects. Assault Rifle impacts spray sparks, like you're welding or something. And when you lose your shield, the shield doesn't "pop" gold. It's dissipates in a noxious looking gas cloud like the cloud for Reach's armor effect.

I have: a 2 day free gold trial, a male & a female Master Chief avatar suit. If you want 'em, PM me.

Hypertrooper said:
If I had the time, I would write a big article about the whole information we got through Cryptum, the Terminals and Glasslands. Maybe I should do it.

Did I say that Bonestellar is a Didact without traces of its fromer state? I don't think so. ;) The Librarian makes it clear, that he is the Didact. He tries to say "I'm a merely..." but the Librarian interrupts him and says "You are him". There is still some parts from the Bonestellar left I hope.

If you read Cryptum in advance, you will maybe understand more or get some references. :)

I've read the first book. Sounds good. I still need to pick up Anniversary.

monome

Hypertrooper said:

Ok, that's what I remembered.
I guess we agree on "being the Didact" is more than just a title but not a total conversation of one being into another.
Feel free to elaborate on your thoughts, although with Cryptum, Glasslands, the Terminals and soon Primordium, is it not enough for a community thread on the lore? Just to aggregate stuff before the Flood of info coming with Halo 4? Would be nice to have a thread to chime in without spoiler tagging stuff and discuss crazy ideas and possible gameplay options based on story deductions.

Epyon MX said:
Any one else having trouble with the co-op gameplay? Maybe lag related, but not sure:

Me & co-op partner both having difficulty with "button activations" being recognized.
The first seems to only be true for the first mission afaik.

Are you sure those weapons have zoom? Most Covenant weapons can't zoom and neither can the AR and a few others.

monome said:
Ok, that's what I remembered.
I guess we agree on "being the Didact" is more than just a title but not a total conversation of one being into another.
Feel free to elaborate on your thoughts, although with Cryptum, Glasslands, the Terminals and soon Primordium, is it not enough for a community thread on the lore? Just to aggregate stuff before the Flood of info coming with Halo 4?
I wait for Dan... Slightly Live and his crew to do the job. They can write a better analysis than me. Otherwise I should give it a try when I have more free time.

Woorloog

Banned
Hydranockz said:
The first seems to only be true for the first mission afaik.

Are you sure those weapons have zoom? Most Covenant weapons can't zoom and neither can the AR and a few others.
Only the pistol, sniper and rocket launcher have zooms. There are no binocular zoom like in Halo 2, 3, ODST and Reach. Really would've have loved that as an addition to CE.

JB1981

Woorloog said:

I don't even think they want sprint in the game lol. A Halo/Crysis/COD hybrid game will never happen.

Anybody else accidentally run over the skull on Halo?
"Evade into those rocks!" Okay, let me just run behind this rock... What? Achievement? Did I do something?

Dalauz

448090294.png

kinda NSFW

http://twitter.com/#!/jimenaofficial

jimenaofficial Jimena Sanchez
Adivinen que voy a hacer toda la noche? festejando 10 años #HaloAniversario twitpic.com/7es4om

Guess I'll do all night? celebrating 10 years # HaloAniversario http://t.co/uHjCBvaA

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
plagiarize said:
so no 3D impressions yet. BOO!
I didn't realize it supported 3D. Will give it a shot later, perhaps.

I'm not expecting great things, however, as the framerate appears to be rather poor even in 2D. :\

monome

Hypertrooper said:
I wait for Dan... Slightly Live and his crew to do the job. They can write a better analysis than me. Otherwise I should give it a try when I have more free time.

Ok, so as humble junior I'm just gonna elaborate a little more, spoilers ahoy mates :

Nowadays we have 3 timelines :

1/ Master Chief out of cryo stasis in post Halo 3 timeline obviously but at an unidentified date.
2/ Dr Halsey and an ensemble of Spartans IIs, IIIs, IVs right after Halo 3 events, and certainly a few years (or minimum months) before the above cited timeline.
3/ Foreunners, Foreunners-tweeked ancient Humans and the Last Precursor (Papa Forunner) millions (hundred thousands?) of years before those two cited timelines.

From Frankie himself we know everything stated above is bound and nothing will go to waste.

Timeline 1 introduces us to a Forunner Shield World we will explore in Halo 4. Concept art implies more humans than the Chief will get there. A new enemy is although introduced but is shrouded in mystery.

Timeline 2 unifies Halo's canon as regards to Halsey's situation, and the existence of several Spartan classes. No more Halo 3 happy ending, Humans and Covenants hate the fuck of each other but most of them but not all are too tired to finish the fight. A new enemy is although introduced but is shrouded in mystery (same on as in timeline 1?)

Timeline 3 clarifies things about the Didact and the Librarian and Forunner society while introducing a slew of twists and turns. Mainly that being God like in Halo Universe does not dispense you of having a Dad ( and an angry one at that). It although introduces the notion that humans existed before Adam and Eve, were much more powerfull than in Timeline 1 and 2 although in timeline 3 they have been subdued by Forunners but were able to fight of a threat Forunners could not contain. Papa Precursor might also have had a late in life baby, one that is bound to get revenge on those who outraged its father.

Will stop here but discussion could also be on vehicles, technology and places

For me halo's lore is a great distraction but I mostly looking at it as a way to play the games in a more meaningful way. I'd rather play with plasma guns rather than AK47 and a little fiction on why I'm using plasma is a great sugary coat.

Ken

Played the first mission last night. The framerate drops and texture pop-ins in the opening cutscene were really jarring. I also experienced some during gameplay but I'm not as bothered by the small drops that happened during the first mission as I was during the cutscenes. Aside from that, the game is still great and the new layer of graphics are neat. I'm also surprised at how I'm liking the Analyze feature, but also disappointed that I couldn't scan everything (health packs, shield barriers).

Can't wait to split screen co-op through the game.

U2NUMB

Epyon MX said:

A few stray observations:
  • There's no drop-out gameplay in the co-op. You partner drops out, you're booted to the menu.
  • There's no indicator that your co-op partner has died, so you're got to communicate that verbally.
  • Do plasma grenades feel like they've got a really long timer to anyone else? 1...2...Is that thing gonna go off?...3...4...BOOM! Seems a lot longer.
  • The levels get a lot better looking once you get to Halo. T&R outside is much improved.
  • Had my first that never happened in CE moment. I took my warthog off the high cliff in front of the Natural Formation Cave and when my warhog landed nose first into a rock, it exploded.
  • Just like CE, co-op is where the magic is.
  • There are a lot of new sound effects, like the charging of the plasma pistol when you draw it, to the subtle "pew pew pew" when you hit the Elite's shield with bullets.
  • The best new sound is the sniper rifle, which sounds like a cannon going off. I flinch when I pull the trigger.
  • There are a lot of new visual effects. Assault Rifle impacts spray sparks, like you're welding or something. And when you lose your shield, the shield doesn't "pop" gold. It's dissipates in a noxious looking gas cloud like the cloud for Reach's armor effect.

I have: a 2 day free gold trial, a male & a female Master Chief avatar suit. If you want 'em, PM me.

Played through the first 5 levels last night online and had no co op issues. Stayed connected for hours and no weapon or missing items glitches.

monome

JB1981 said:
You were looking at her glasses?

Neogaf policies do not prevent FyreWulff from expressing his Glasses fetishism.
Catwoman has oversized goggles too, hardly anybody notices them but FyreWulff
kidding ;-)

Unity2012

RedStep said:

I agree 100% and highly recommend it (I am playing on a Samsung LED 55"). I am very impressed by the 3D on this game. It isn't perfect but there is something different and special about it. Maybe is the art style, I am not sure; but it looks really good. My favorite so far. It really enhances the sense of immersion.

The only other game I've played in 3D on the 360 is Crysis 2, most of my references come from the Playstation 3, Killzone 3, Motostorm Apocalypse, Resistance 3, etc. I didn't think the 360 could do full 3D but I was wrong. Halo Anniversary looks great.

*Redstep, I did not feel much of a drastic dip in resolution--unlike other games; even though I am sure it is there. When I use the old sammy glasses (the darker ones) I can definitely see a difference; however using the new glasses--lighter ones, it looks better. Also, play with the contrast & brightness settings (from the Video settings) and try leaving Classic Mode Desabled on the Video settings as well, to find the sweet spot. Just a suggestion.

Top Bottom