• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
moonbeam said:
Wow - this was excellent.

A question: do most/many members of HaloGAF play at this level? My own skills are nowhere near this level, even when I'm playing at my best. In fact, I hardly ever pick up a sniper rifle due to my complete lack of skill with it, though your video has inspired me to try and improve.

Thank you for the kind words.

I'm probably the worst player in HaloGAF believe it or not. I would say either Dax or Ghaleon are the best players.

Tashi0106 said:

I'm probably the worst player in HaloGAF believe it or not. I would say either Dax or Ghaleon are the best players.

Woah, Tashi don't put your self down like that, Eazy B or KyleJ are probably worse than you its ok.

You'll never be on my level son.

Tashi

A27_StarWolf said:
Woah, Tashi don't put your self down like that, Eazy B or KyleJ are probably worse than you its ok.

Ha, thanks. Well shit, I always ask you for lessons but you seem to be too busy beating up on the pros. Please, I'd really like some help.

Dug

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
OK I just got my copy in the mail. I already have a plan to give the maps away so I'm going to give the other stuff away.

Just quote this post and tell me which you want and I'll PM you the code. I don't care if you have codes already and are hording or want to give them away to a friend or some shit.

I have Grunt Funeral Skull

I have Master Chief male avatar :Taken

I have Master Chief female avatar.

Oh and 2 day gold trial
Argh, I missed out on the Master Chief Avatar! Damn my luck. :\

moonbeam said:
Wow - this was excellent.

A question: do most/many members of HaloGAF play at this level? My own skills are nowhere near this level, even when I'm playing at my best. In fact, I hardly ever pick up a sniper rifle due to my complete lack of skill with it, though your video has inspired me to try and improve.
Tashi0106 said:

A27_StarWolf said:

Tashi0106 said:
Ha, thanks. Well shit, I always ask you for lessons but you seem to be too busy beating up on the pros. Please, I'd really like some help.

They're being sarcastic, for those of you who don't follow the HaloGAF threads...

FyreWulff

Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
My only real complaint about the new engine... Enemies don't spurt fountains of blood when you hit their corpses. =(

Probably because in this day and age, allowing something to spawn unlimited decals probably isn't the hottest idea for keeping the 360 from locking up :lol

Zoolader

Tashi0106 said:
OK I just got my copy in the mail. I already have a plan to give the maps away so I'm going to give the other stuff away.

Just quote this post and tell me which you want and I'll PM you the code. I don't care if you have codes already and are hording or want to give them away to a friend or some shit.

I have Grunt Funeral Skull

I have Master Chief male avatar :Taken

I have Master Chief female avatar.

Oh and 2 day gold trial
Ah what the heck, since nobody else is claiming these sweet prizes I would very much like the Grunt Funeral Skull please. I'll make a Halo related contest for any unfortunate fans that didn't get the game at launch.

Edit: or give it to Devo, I don't she is getting the game until after this semester is over.

Woorloog

Banned
2 missions left, i think i'll play them tomorrow... I looked for the terminal in Two Betrayals forever, then i remembered i had found it already. Then i looked for it again. And remembered again. Definetly need to go to sleep...
The environments are nice, the weapons, vehicles and NPCs are... off, somehow. Maybe they're tad too cartoonish, maybe it is because quite many are pulled other games, not sure but they simply don't fit the game perfectly. Good but not perfect.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Finally had the chance to play some of the Anniversary maps last night.

Despite some unfamiliarity, those maps are such a treat for eyes sore with the grayness of Forge World.

So many small details littering every maps and the variety of environments is most certainly welcome.

Certain Affinity did a fan-freaking-tastic job.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
leng jai said:
Port sounds pretty disappointing if you're only in it for a remade singleplayer campaign.
Falsehood. I'm having a blast, but texture pop in didn't stop me from enjoying Mass Effect and other Unreal Engine 3 games either.

Sean P.

My biggest complaint is they destroyed the mystery of the forerunner architecture. WHY IS EVERYTHING GLOWING.

Other than that I love it

moonbeam

BlueScrote said:
They're being sarcastic, for those of you who don't follow the HaloGAF threads...

Ok I don't know what to believe now lol but in any case it looks like I may need even more practice than I first thought.

Oozer3993

I ain't scared ah no Gold Elite.

bPwfB.jpg

Silent Cartographer shortcut still works! And the random rock inside the facility now appears to be a grunt mask.

Woorloog

Banned
Sean P. said:
My biggest complaint is they destroyed the mystery of the forerunner architecture. WHY IS EVERYTHING GLOWING.

They're still Forerunner. The only Forerunner textures i don't like are the tunnel's textures in AOTCR/TB. Too... smooth. Those and the Control Room floor is not glass-like in new graphics mode for some reason.
Like the glows. The Library looked eeriely beatiful with the new graphics. With classic graphics, it is ugly and boring.

789shadow

Banned
Oozer3993 said:
I ain't scared ah no Gold Elite.

bPwfB.jpg

Silent Cartographer shortcut still works! And the random rock inside the facility now appears to be a grunt mask.
This is a classic case of "fuck you" level design.

JB1981

Tashi0106 said:

Jesus Christ fucking beasting

Zoolader

Sean P. said:

Ya from what little campaign footage I have seen I like the Forerunner structures in Halo 3 more. Do all the Forerunner structures glow or is it primarily just in the Library to help noobs navigate?

Tashi

BlueScrote said:

Busted! :p

If you want to know the truth there are like 4 or 5 of us in HaloGAF who are at pretty much the same skill level and knowledge of the game and that level is above everyone elses. I'd say I'm one of those players.

Sean P.

Woorloog said:
They're still Forerunner. The only Forerunner textures i don't like are the tunnel's textures in AOTCR/TB. Too... smooth. Those and the Control Room floor is not glass-like in new graphics mode for some reason.
Like the glows. The Library looked eeriely beatiful with the new graphics. With classic graphics, it is ugly and boring.

There is no mystery, they made the architecture look far too playful in my eyes. When switching back to classic mode the game was a lot moodier and I think that is necessary when exploring such ancient artifacts.

Maybe once I get further in the game I will appreciate it more.

Ya from what little campaign footage I have seen I like the Forerunner structures in Halo 3 more. Do all the Forerunner structures glow or is it primarily just in the Library to help noobs navigate?

To give you an idea, I haven't gotten to the library yet haha.

I must say though, overall the lighting is STUNNING.

Sean P.

789shadow said:
They decreased the mystery by not having everything be oppresive grey.

I'm not saying that was right, I just think they took it the wrong way. And it's more than just the architecture, why is the Guilty Spark swamp glowing so much? The game doesn't have darkness anymore

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
Busted! :p

If you want to know the truth there are like 4 or 5 of us in HaloGAF who are at pretty much the same skill level and knowledge of the game and that level is above everyone elses. I'd say I'm one of those players.
Nah, I'd kick your ass any day.
In Firefight.

Tashi

Zoolader said:
Ah what the heck, since nobody else is claiming these sweet prizes I would very much like the Grunt Funeral Skull please. I'll make a Halo related contest for any unfortunate fans that didn't get the game at launch.

Edit: or give it to Devo, I don't she is getting the game until after this semester is over.

Do you want it or not?

^ Very true lol. And forging too

wedge55

I can't redeem my code for the female Master Chief avatar armor because my avatar is male, so first person to PM me gets it.

gwiz210 said:
So does the game export the multiplayer maps so you can play them on reach, or do you play them from the disc itself?

It comes with a code to download them to use with Reach, or you can use them with the CEA disc.

EDIT: beat

gwiz210 said:
So does the game export the multiplayer maps so you can play them on reach, or do you play them from the disc itself?
The game plays them from the disc itself, but also gives you a code to download the maps for Reach use.

Double beat, I feel like I'm in Reach and someone is derp sprinting towards me.

Hey You

Tashi0106 said:
Do you want it or not?

^ Very true lol. And forging too
If its still up for grabs, I wouldn't mind it. Couldn't get Anniversary or the Map pack today, had to buy a new compent cable.

#unemployement

Oozer3993 said:
Yeah and if you trick down to the bottom of the shaft you can see it floating in the air.

Tashi

Hey You said:
If its still up for grabs, I wouldn't mind it. Couldn't get Anniversary or the Map pack today, had to buy a new compent cable.

#unemployement

I'll give Zoolader a few more minutes to respond and then it's yours.

edit: Ok, it's yours.

Oozer3993

Is the first early Banshee in AotCR still there? Because, for the life of me, I can't spring it off the platform. I don't remember having this much trouble with it in the original.

aDDiKt24

Banned
Anyone else experiencing no rumble when firing the sniper rifle in campaign? Any help would be appreciated. All other guns have normal rumble feedback.

ElRenoRaven

Ok. So I have to say that after the mid point of T&R and onward so far the framerate has smoothed out a hell of a lot. The texture pop in has gotten better too. It's still there but not as bad. Also I'm still loving these terminals. They're so freaking awesome it isn't funny. Overall my impression of the game is improving.

And damn some of these skulls are a pain in the ass to get too.

Hawk269

Ummm WoW...I am pretty impressed by this. Hands down the best HD Remake that has been done so far. With the stuff they added, the ability to toggle between the original and remastered is pretty damn cool. The original mode looks alot cleaner than if you were to play the Original game via emulation on the 360...plus true 16x9 support.

I am not sure what some stuff does, perhaps it is in the manual, but Analyze and Scan, what do they do?

Anyways, pretty happy with this. Like others have said, some little tech issues here and there, some pop in with textures etc. but for what it is what they have done overall it is pretty damn impressive.

The sound is so much better, on the Pillar of Autumn when the covies are hitting the ship, the massive impact sounds is really good. This is how remakes should be done.

Hawk269

Tashi0106 said:
I believe those are Kinect features

Ok, but what do they do though? When I say "Analyze" the game goes into a scan like mode, some stuff is higlighted like weopons, people etc. Is that all it does? Yelling Scan has not netted anything yet.

Top Bottom