• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

classic slayer is almost zen-like
no people sprintg/jetpacking/armorlocking/evading/camoing around. just a few spartans and pistols, one active camo, one overshield, one sniper rifle, one rocket launcher ç_ç so good

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Spasm said:
I have an extra Reach GonD code from the XDG3 beta I'd like to give out. It goes to the first person to reply in this thread with 2 things; swearing on your GAF account that you do NOT already own Reach, and the answer to the riddle below (one word will suffice). And, go!

2d26ujc.png

Cthulhu Medal.

Zoolader

Spasm said:
I have an extra Reach GonD code from the XDG3 beta I'd like to give out. It goes to the first person to reply in this thread with 2 things; swearing on your GAF account that you do NOT already own Reach, and the answer to the riddle below (one word will suffice). And, go!

2d26ujc.png

I could answer that thanks to google, too easy maybe?

Spasm said:

2d26ujc.png
I swear I don't have the game :)
As for the riddle...
a woman?
(I'll admit to googling the riddle, in case that counts as cheating.

Zeal

Banned
Spasm said:

2d26ujc.png

Jason Jones, smoking a crack pipe and riding a dinosaur.

Spasm

harriet the spy said:
I swear I don't have the game :)
As for the riddle...
a woman?
(I'll admit to googling the riddle, in case that counts as cheating.
Google away! And, nope.

Older nerds will get this.

I've found every Terminal up to The Silent Cartographer so far, and I must say, they've exceeded my expectations. Such a fabulous job. Loving them. They're compelling me to go through the campaign.

Spasm

Dax01 said:
I've found every Terminal up to The Silent Cartographer so far, and I must say, they've exceeded my expectations. Such a fabulous job. Loving them. They're compelling me to go through the campaign.
Oh shit, is there a Terminal on the first level? I may have to restart.

Spasm said:

2d26ujc.png

Guuuuuuuuuh, I know the answer but I don't need it! Hahaha.

Spasm said:

2d26ujc.png
I'll admit, this movie was one of the few highlights from taking Latin in high school.
I own Reach though, so I won't answer ;)

Tunavi

Banned
Finished the first level.

I'm simply amazed. Had so much fun going back and forth between the old and new graphics. Bumper Jumper plays like a dream. The explosions are insane.
Bulletin board spoiler
lololol they put chinner in the damn game

Doodis

Spasm said:

2d26ujc.png
Crap, I got all excited, but I already own Reach. I need the code for a friend, though, does that count?

Spasm

Doodis said:
Haha, no. But I can post for him. :)
Well, I was hoping it would go to the GAF community, with Halo GAF having first dibs... But if no one else qualifies before 8EST, go ahead.

So, I'm through with the first level of Anniversary and I turned it off and quit for a bit. Really didn't see that happening. I guess, it's just that I've played this game so many times and the visual update alone really isn't doing it for me. Online co-op is nice, but none of my friends were around.

As far as a celebration of the campaign, it feels really limited:
  • No theatre. I understand this, but such a loss. A screenshot option would have been great, like print screen on PC.
  • No campaign scoring. Okay.
  • Cutscenes that chug. Why? Gameplay that stutters. Why?
  • No Post-Game Carnage Report for campaign. Really disappointing.

Here I am, posting on GAF instead of playing a remake for literally my favorite game ever. Am I the only one?

Also: How do I get the ODST into my warthog on Installation 04? I tried honking my horn all around the platform. No dice. I tried to take the hog up the ramp and they blocked that (and unless I missed my mark, invisible wall blocked it). And then I get out of my hog---this is during Wave 1 on Heroic--and every member of the ODST is dead. Every one. Wave 1. *sigh*

Spasm said:
Well, I was hoping it would go to the GAF community, with Halo GAF having first dibs... But if no one else qualifies before 8EST, go ahead.
An I disqualified for my first wrong answer ? otherwise look above! And if yes, no worries :)

Doodis

harriet the spy said:
An I disqualified for my first wrong answer ? otherwise look above! And if yes, no worries :)
Your answer wasn't specific enough!

The gold ring Calibos (monster) wears on his right hand.

EDIT: I promise I need this for a friend. I've got a Halo LAN party we're going to this Friday!

Tunavi said:
Finished the first level.

I'm simply amazed. Had so much fun going back and forth between the old and new graphics. Bumper Jumper plays like a dream. The explosions are insane.
Bulletin board spoiler
lololol they put chinner in the damn game
Heh, I don't you're interpreting that correctly.

Bulletin board spoiler:
The goose/egg poster is most likely a reference to Marty's GDC 2011 Keynote (link).
The GAF reference you're looking for is Dark Planetoid Rising. (link)

Zoolader

Doodis said:
Your answer wasn't specific enough!

The gold ring Calibos (monster) wears on his right hand.

EDIT: I promise I need this for a friend. I've got a Halo LAN party we're going to this Friday!

He said a one word answer would be sufficient enough... I would have said ring and not Calibus. I think he needs to swear on his Gaf account, not just swear?

Spasm

harriet the spy said:
I gave a second answer? But I guess it was not entirely specific.

I swear on my gaf account. Serious business.
As you WERE the first one with the answer I was looking for, all you have to do is swear you don't already have Reach. I would like it to go to someone without the game.

Edit: hahahaha, there you go. PM incoming.

Edit 2: Double lol, didn't quite get you when you said to check your wrong answer. Sorry for the confusion. PM sent.

Doodis

Justice has been served. I would have loved the code, but alas, one more person is one step closer to being not just a spy, but a true spartan.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
CEA is fucking amazing. I'm LOVING the audio in the game.

Sucks I have to leave for class very soon, but I'm going to get more in tonight. Still looking for the terminal in T&R.

aDDiKt24

Banned
Slight problem here. Not getting any rumble feedback when using the sniper in campaign, all other guns have feedback. People here are talking about how beastly the sniper is but with no rumble I can't 'feel' it.

Anyone got any thoughts on the issue?

Also looking forward to jumping into cea mp.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Domino Theory said:
CEA is fucking amazing. I'm LOVING the audio in the game.

Sucks I have to leave for class very soon, but I'm going to get more in tonight. Still looking for the terminal in T&R.

Im sure you pass in front of it at least twice ;)

Zoolader

Timan said:
Anyone having issues enabling 3d? It says make sure widescreen is enabled, and it is.

I have no idea, have you used 3D anything before on the tv? I'm pretty sure you need HDMI v1.4 for anything 3D... just throwing that out there.

Hootie

Hard to believe its been 10 years. I'll never forget playing Halo for the first time on Christmas morning of 2001. I had no clue what the game was, but boy was I in for a hell of an experience.

/bow

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
OK I just got my copy in the mail. I already have a plan to give the maps away so I'm going to give the other stuff away.

Just quote this post and tell me which you want and I'll PM you the code. I don't care if you have codes already and are hording or want to give them away to a friend or some shit.

I have Grunt Funeral Skull: Taken

I have Master Chief male avatar :Taken

I have Master Chief female avatar.

Oh and 2 day gold trial

TUROK

JdFoX187 said:
Wow...your name fits this post perfectly. Moran indeed.

Bungie has been on a downhill slide post-Halo 2. It's too early to say whether 343i is going to be able to "fill Bungie's shoes," but that's not exactly saying much. It says something about a development studio when the best game they've made in the last seven years was one they threw together in eight months, ODST. Halo 3 was an overhyped, overrated piece of shit and Reach was a little better, but still a pale comparison to Halo 2 or Halo: Combat Evolved. They may have been great 10 years ago, but they haven't proven themselves worthy of the elite status some give them on this board.

Besides, this is being judged on a quick remake in partnership with another studio.
What the fuck am I reading? It's like someone gave cocaine and a computer to a monkey. You make not like Halo 3 or Reach, but that doesn't make them "overhyped, overrated pieces of shit", this sort of talk just makes you someone who thinks too highly of his own opinions.

Edit: Oh yeah, the particles in this are the best I've ever seen in a console game. Also, the IQ is much better than Reach's, even at a lower resolution. Sure, there are some minor framerate issues, and the texture pop-in is more prevalent than it should be, but overall I am extremely impressed, especially considering hearing how it didn't match up to Reach. It definitely does.

Tashi0106 said:
OK I just got my copy in the mail. I already have a plan to give the maps away so I'm going to give the other stuff away.

Just quote this post and tell me which you want and I'll PM you the code. I don't care if you have codes already and are hording or want to give them away to a friend or some shit.

I have Grunt Funeral Skull

I have Master Chief male avatar

Oh and 2 day gold trial

The male MC avatar code would be really nice.

Zoolader

Tashi0106 said:

I have Grunt Funeral Skull

I have Master Chief male avatar

Oh and 2 day gold trial

Well that's really generous of you. I would ask for something but I'm assuming all that content is in my game that's being shipped to me.

Reading all of this while newegg still has my copy sitting in Earth City, MO (not even kidding) is tough.

oh well, the $10 I saved makes the wait easier...and skyrim.

Top Bottom