• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Has Not Met Financial Expectations - Brad Sams

S0ULZB0URNE

And the reason is that, so far, 343 has failed to provide a proper service. Has nothing to do with Gamepass.

Again, Halo (allegedly) not being profitable has nothing to do with Gamepass. It's not like the game would've sold ten million copies at full price without Gamepass.
What makes you think it would have sold 10 million?
Why didn't it?

I don't recall the sales of Halo 4/5 but I am assuming they sold less than 10 million right?

S0ULZB0URNE

Yup, looked there. Saw nobody mentioning that. Maybe you supplied the wrong link?

And yet Forza Horizon 5 was on Game Pass day one, and also had record SALES (not just players) for all of the Forza franchise, and scored amazingly with critics. It's not "Game Pass", it's the developer and their games. Game Pass nor PS+ dictate the game quality. And it's not just "Xbox" fans. PS/Xbox/Nintendo fans like me look at the entire picture.

Give us some data to back this up. FH4 apparently sold over 10 million units? FH5 sold how many? Doesn’t seem to be any data on this. Just like Halo Infinite. The only records from FH5 were the ‘pay to unlock early edition buyers beating FH4 (deduced from player count before official launch), and players count for first week and after. Nothing on FH5 sales.

Ron Burgundy No GIF

Jaybe

^your links are not working. Nothing in there about 10 million written by any members here 🤷‍♂️
S0ULZB0URNE S0ULZB0URNE

The dynamic seasons and open-world gameplay of Forza Horizon 4 proved to be great additions to the franchise. It garnered 2 million sales in one week, with those numbers rising to 10 million as of June 2019. These numbers also established Forza Horizon 4 as the best-selling game in the franchise.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Honestly, it doesnt deserve to meet financial expectations in its current state. It launched woefully incomplete, and is still incomplete. They have done a poor job of maintaining the live service aspect, even going as far as to cancel promised features (split screen coop). As for network coop, a full year delay from launch for that feature is absolutley unacceptable. Ive always held that i will buy halo infinite when it is complete, and i will still hold to that, im a big halo fan boy, but so far, 343 has done a great job of saving me money.

GP and PS+ should be used for low-mid budget games and indie games, not for AAA games. That should be obvious.
Well that mentality is why PS Now had the support it had and why MS approach was more successful. It's obvious that AAA games work just fine on subscription services.

Kvally

Banned
I’m letting S0ULZB0URNE S0ULZB0URNE know that you’re wrong. But seeing as you’re active on REEE you’re probably just here trolling any way.
I am wrong about what? Are you drunk? I never said anything about 10 million. Please, stop. And I don't know what REEE is?

I'm able to see everything.

Have any issues Jaybe Jaybe ?

You are able to see where I mentioned 10 million? Can you screenshot it? His posting doesn't show me saying that. I even looked through my posting history.

Kvally

Banned
Well that mentality is why PS Now had the support it had and why MS approach was more successful. It's obvious that AAA games work just fine on subscription services.
Well the MS and Sony approach is that the streaming is secondary to the core business. With Stadia, it was their core business. At least that is the way I see it.

Topher

Gold Member
I am wrong about what? Are you drunk? I never said anything about 10 million. Please, stop. And I don't know what REEE is?

You are able to see where I mentioned 10 million? Can you screenshot it? His posting doesn't show me saying that. I even looked through my posting history.

I think their point is that you said FH5 had record sales and FH4 sold 10 million. You didn't have to specifically say 10 million because you implied it with "record sales".

And yet Forza Horizon 5 was on Game Pass day one, and also had record SALES (not just players) for all of the Forza franchise, and scored amazingly with critics. It's not "Game Pass", it's the developer and their games. Game Pass nor PS+ dictate the game quality. And it's not just "Xbox" fans. PS/Xbox/Nintendo fans like me look at the entire picture.

Kvally

Banned
I think their point is that you said FH5 had record sales and FH4 sold 10 million. You didn't have to specifically say 10 million because you implied it with "record sales".
I didn't imply anything. I regurgitated what was said on the web and linked a tweet as well. 🤷‍♂️

"US NPD SW - Forza Horizon 5 set a new Forza franchise launch month sales record (including both Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport titles)"

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I didn't imply anything. I regurgitated what was said on the web and linked a tweet as well. 🤷‍♂️

"US NPD SW - Forza Horizon 5 set a new Forza franchise launch month sales record (including both Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport titles)"

Ah, I see. I read your post as talking about total sales rather than "launch month sales". I think that is where the misunderstanding is coming from here. All good.

Kvally

Banned
Ah, I see. I read your post as talking about total sales rather than "launch month sales". I think that is where the misunderstanding is coming from here. All good.
I don't know total sales (of course...nobody does). But I haven't seen anything announced where sales stopped or fell behind. Of course, these are launch periods aligned. FH5 hasn't even been out a year yet. I doubt we will ever know.

Oh that you mentioned. I thought you meant you couldn't see the post that had the 10 million in it.

OK now understand what happened better.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Sure, it does, must be why the vast majority of them skips the subscriptions when released and only go there after the sales have slowed down.
Facts don't agree with you.

Top Bottom