• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite: Season 5: Reckoning Trailer

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Bad date for me. Diablo 4 season 2, Spider-Man 2; Alan wake 2, and lords of the fallen.

Just don’t see myself picking this up now.

It looks like they are on the right path though but for many it’s too little too late without something substantial to drive folks back . A 2.0 and expansion level overhaul could save this yet.

Sorne

This looks soooo good! Flood armor looks sick, and those new weapon models/skins as well! And firefight + AI in forge is actually really huge! I can only image the stuff people are gonna be able to create now!

Superkewl

Gold Member
I liked the game, but all I care about is Big Team Battle and it seems they haven abandoned that aspect of the game.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Member when Halo was a huge popular franchise that almost everyone played?

ywFEdmo.jpg

I member. It's also free on steam. At this point they're just poking a dead horse.

More people are playing the MCC. This may be a bad take but the multiplayer peaked with the very first game IMO.

They never should’ve tried to make this a GaaS. Game should’ve had twice as many maps at launch and they could rotate modes in and out. The single player was good and the multiplayer was fun for a few weekends with the boys. It’s just embarrassing that they’re still doing this. Make the next game. Or don’t, let 343 do something else and let Halo rest for a while.

So this is why the feature was stripped so they could add it into S5 when no one is playing the game.

I miss Halo 3 days.

Flood Armor looks sick danky though so props for that.

When did you stop? Two years ago? Because they've been releasing meaningful content for the last year or even longer.

Yeah they've put out some nice BTB maps I'll give them that.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
When did you stop? Two years ago? Because they've been releasing meaningful content for the last year or even longer.

Last Month.

If you say meaningiful as of a butload of mtx every week, some free skins now and then, community made maps and some extra boring game modes then you might consider it a lot of content if you drop $100 on the store weekly.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I can forgive 343 for making an inferior Halo game.

I do not give the same benefit to the clowns who say "Halo Infinite is good again. The last few updates fixed it." These people are not worthy of grace.

Mowcno

People still trying to claim this game is dead when it’s actually thriving lol. Not surprising from Gaf.
It was 23rd last week on Xbox Live. Behind 7 other multiplayer shooters. It's multiplayer is F2P and it's still that low.

HALO is the 8TH most played multiplayer shooter on XBOX consoles while the multiplayer is FREE. Let that sink in.

johnjohn

It was 23rd last week on Xbox Live. Behind 7 other multiplayer shooters. It's multiplayer is F2P and it's still that low.

HALO is the 8TH most played multiplayer shooter on XBOX consoles while the multiplayer is FREE. Let that sink in.

And? It’s still doing very well. Because it’s not the number 1 shooter on Xbox when it’s competing against bigger multi-platform shooters doesn’t change that.

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned

I'm confused?

Because what you said doesn't mean that game is dead 😂😂

Nvzman

343i should've been sacked and restructured after the MCC disaster. How that didn't kill the studio, how Halo 5 being so shit didn't kill the studio, and now how Infinite was so unremarkable, that it finally got MS to do SOMETHING about the studio, shows how hopeless the situation is. Halo needs a retirement, maybe at some point a more talented studio could come in and bring the series justice.

VAVA Mk2

They need to add more stuff to sandbox like DMR, grenade launcher, fuel rod gun, etc. Halo 5 had way better post launch support for adding new weapons and vehicles to MP. What we have now is what Infinite should have launched with.

Still one of the best playing and feeling MP games out there

Biggest issue is lacking roadmap for content and a Destiny like hook with progression systems and loot to keep people engaged

Freeman76

I really enjoyed the campaign, but firefight was what gave Halo legs for me, the fact they didnt bother with it for this one meant I completed the campaign then deleted it

johnjohn

343i should've been sacked and restructured after the MCC disaster. How that didn't kill the studio, how Halo 5 being so shit didn't kill the studio, and now how Infinite was so unremarkable, that it finally got MS to do SOMETHING about the studio, shows how hopeless the situation is. Halo needs a retirement, maybe at some point a more talented studio could come in and bring the series justice.
More nonsense lmao.

Nvzman

More nonsense lmao.
Its only "nonsense" if you live in a green-tinted bubble. I wanted to love Infinite so bad, as did many, but it ultimately dissappointed by offering an extremely barebones base game with a lackluster campaign and a fun but extremely barren multiplayer that faded fast due to the absolutely crap GaaS approach they took. It took SIX MONTHS for any content to hit the MP. How the fuck was anyone going to stick with the base multiplayer for that long?

The bones of the game was actually good (for once with 343i), the problem was the content itself largely sucking.

MadPanda

Banned
Last Month.

If you say meaningiful as of a butload of mtx every week, some free skins now and then, community made maps and some extra boring game modes then you might consider it a lot of content if you drop $100 on the store weekly.
If that's what you have to say I just don't believe you as they've provided many different things but seems like you've made your mind and that's it. Enjoy other games and let others enjoy Halo Infinite.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Halo took off on the Xbox and was a rockstar ever since, Chief is worshiped in the gaming community.

Lillie

It doesn't matter what type of update they add to the game as long as it plays not like classic halo IDC

Draugoth

Gold Member
Split screen yet?

It was cancelled.

If that's what you have to say I just don't believe you as they've provided many different things but seems like you've made your mind and that's it. Enjoy other games and let others enjoy Halo Infinite.

Im kinda envious of people who stayed, but the game is not for people outside the US/UK/AU. The game is sadly built around the cash shop. I very much prefer a Halo Game like MCC, where everything is earnable in game without spending. Maybe one day we might see a Halo game like Reach again.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I was never the best Halo player, but I played it again last month and i was totally destroyed. I can't play it anymore unfortunately. Funnily enough, games like Cod and Bf still go without a problem.

FireFly

Last Month.

They added arguably the best mode in the entire game, which has 8 v 8 on classic Halo 3 maps (Squad Battle). Plus B2B Heavies is now going to be a permanent addition so we have a proper vehicle focused playlist. And there have been a lot of community maps, many of which are pretty decent. Even with the MTX there are regular events that give free gear.

I liked the game, but all I care about is Big Team Battle and it seems they haven abandoned that aspect of the game.
It's not been abandoned. It's been expanded into 3 modes: Regular B2B, B2B Heavies and Squad Battle.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

More people are playing the MCC. This may be a bad take but the multiplayer peaked with the very first game IMO.

They never should’ve tried to make this a GaaS. Game should’ve had twice as many maps at launch and they could rotate modes in and out. The single player was good and the multiplayer was fun for a few weekends with the boys. It’s just embarrassing that they’re still doing this. Make the next game. Or don’t, let 343 do something else and let Halo rest for a while.
Not sure I understand this take at all.
They have the smallest team still working on Infinite - its apparent the next game already is in the works - with basically an entirely new 343 leadership team.
But they are still keeping content constant for Infinite in the meantime - how is this a bad thing? If you dont like it, dont play it.

Ill be the first to admit, as a huge Halo fan, in the end Infinite missed the mark for me in both MP and single player - but its still serviceable and it is improving. It was better than H4 and 5 at least.
Im glad the MCC is still around - and thriving. Almost all multiplayer games from that era are long dead. Wild I can still boot up an online match of Halo 2/3 in 2023.

Godot25

Banned
Halo Infinite peaked on Steam yesterday with more players then at the start of Season 4. Which is certainly unusual for live service game and it bodes really well for today's launch of Season 5.
Also. 343 announced changes to whole event system with "live event" being longer and you can either earn Operation pass during event or later buy it for 500 Coins.

One event will include playlist with Forge remake of 7 Halo maps
5vgBO0Q.jpg

Also, during the season they will release KOTH Firefight which will support 9 maps total (with 3 of them being Forge maps) and they will also release new equipment.
F7CIvx3.jpg

Top Bottom