• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Master Chief Collection: H1-4. H2 full remaster. 1080p60. $59.99 Nov 11 Xbox One

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I don't think that's the main selling point at all. It's 4 games remade for the current gen system with MP intact (and improved by dedicated servers). The value is the main selling point for me.

They're not remakes.

Izuna

Banned
This really isn't that complicated.

You have three ports, one anniversary edition, and a basic loader which allows you to mix and match missions from the various campaigns.

The anniversary edition game (Halo 2) will have all the levels form Halos 1, 3, and 4 available in its multiplayer mode. Six maps will be receiving the anniversary edition treatment.

Haven't any of you played a PC FPS before? The concept of moving a map from one game to another shouldn't be that farfetched.

This isn't a Halo 1 through 4 update. Think of it as Halo 2 Anniversary Edition bundled with a Halo 1 3 and 4 collection.

Halo 1 is remastered tho.

For maps like Blood Gulch, will they have new textures at least? Will you be able to play Blood Gulch in Halo 4 multiplayer or is only Halo 2 multiplayer available? Is Spartan Ops available with Halo 4?

Questions....

Cels

You have three ports, one anniversary edition, and a basic loader which allows you to mix and match missions from the various campaigns.

The anniversary edition game (Halo 2) will have all the levels form Halos 1, 3, and 4 available in its multiplayer mode. Six maps will be receiving the anniversary edition treatment.

Haven't any of you played a PC FPS before? The concept of moving a map from one game to another shouldn't be that farfetched.

This isn't a Halo 1 through 4 update. Think of it as Halo 2 Anniversary Edition bundled with a Halo 1 3 and 4 collection.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=115471926&highlight=#post115471926

"Each game has its original MP"

Well, two anniversary editions if you count Halo 1.

Homeboyd

Apparently it is complicated bc that's wrong!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Okay, so I'm wrong: The "100+ maps!" thing is just a bullshit talking point way of saying "Yes, the complete games are included," then.

Halo 1 CE Anniversary Edition
Halo 2 CE Anniversary Edition
Halo 3
Halo 4

MS sucks at being straightforward

Everything

3ec.gif

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Frankie, any possibility of a Limited/Collectors/Legendary Edition? Or is that not in the cards?

According to IGN, each engine is on disc and will load when you pick a map. An indicator tells you which game each map is from.

JaseMath

Having never owned anything Xbox-related, even I'm impressed with this. Almost makes me want to buy an Xbone
but I won't.
Nice offering.

Each game is going to have it's own multiplayer. Which is insane and way over delivering on expectations. Well done 343, well done.

Every single Halo map will be 1080p 60FPS in it's respective game.

6 Halo 2 maps will be graphically enhanced and used in a hybrid engine (H4 modified) and differentiated from the original versions.

Holy shit. Now I'm very curious how this will effect the competitive Halo scene lol. What are they gonna play? How can they hold all the halo's!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
100 halo maps in one rotation will be absolutely insane. You will be able to go ages without seeing some maps, if you so chose. Which is awesome. Thats what I love about BF4. So many varied maps and modes, that you can play say, Naval Strike for a month or so straight, go back to vanilla or china rising maps, and the game is fresh again.

Okay, so I'm wrong: The "100+ maps!" thing is just a bullshit talking point way of saying "Yes, the complete games are included," then.

Halo 1 CE Anniversary Edition
Halo 2 CE Anniversary Edition
Halo 3
Halo 4

MS sucks at being straightforward

They said that the over 100 Halo multiplayer maps will all be included in the package. Not sure how that's difficult to understand.

RetroStu

Banned

The first Halo Anniversary is included as well.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Watching the IGN video.

Hope someone plays a bit of a campaign from H2A.

BTW, not sure if this was asked but are the terminal stuff from Halo 4 on disc or still need to be downloaded?

Are you keeping Skulls hidden or can they be toggled off the bat in H2A?

Is it a locked 60FPS?

Is the soundtrack getting a remaster like with CEA?

Are you using launch builds of the games for multi? For example, 1.0 versus 1.5 for Halo 2, or 1.0 versus 1.1 for Halo 4?

E92 M3

Hmm, seems like playlists have Halo games within them. I'm guessing I can just play Halo 2 without having to chance playing others? Every Halo game has its own skillset jumping game to game every match might be tough lol.

Green Yoshi

Poor Third-Parties. Who buys this collection, won't need another game anytime soon.

Great fan-service, too bad I don't like the series.

Top Bottom