• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caayn

I know this is a silly request..

But any chance of getting Forward Unto Dawn on disc?

I wouldn't mind having that on disc to watch between 3 and 4 playthroughs.
You mean like this?

Edit: Beaten and first post of a new page, take a pic:
rabbids-2-halo-style-wallpaper-20071109050737407_640w.jpg

derFeef

I can't wait to see what H3 and H4 look like on XBO, man. Also those Blur cutscenes are going to be insane. I wonder how the models ingame hold up to them.

LNBL

Subbed, can't wait for this to drop. The OP was an awesome read as well, good job!
The Green Box has revealed itself.

RyudBoy

Halo 3 is my favorite as well maybe In 2017 well get the full treatment

Remastered 3 & 4, along with ODST and Reach all on 1 disc @ 1080p/60? Just take my money already.

I doubt this will happen though, but we've seen crazier things happen recently. :)

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Get rid of superjumping, it's going to ruin all online play. Ty in advance

Frankie mentioned in the IGN interview that because the maps had to be recompiled for widescreen and whatnot the likelyhood that the pixel perfect Havok engine issues would reappear aren't as high.

Of course, it doesn't meant they won't pop up elsewhere.

JonCha

Excellent OP. We'll done!

No armour abilities makes me excited more fir H5, but still a long way to go.

This package is awesome tho.

Striker

Many of the maps in H3-Reach would have been great maps if they were in earlier games.
Which ones are you referring to? The bad ones I had the most distaste for are ones that heavily rely on lifts and shield doors. Or just bad design (Isolation, Orbital). Maps like Zealot, Powerhouse, and Pit are good, although in comparison to the ones in Halo 2 they are really mediocre.

Will all Halo 2 maps have better visuals or only those six?
All the default maps will get upscaled but they also are making 6 re-made ones in another engine.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I canceled my pre order just so I could hit pre order again.
Why did you do that. Cancel the pre-order in the first place?

I was under the same impression. I tried watching that Twitch stream just a little bit ago... But god, Twitch is buggy as hell for me.

> Craves screenshots of Scarab and High Charity.
> Craves screenshots of new, CGI Gravemind.

Edit: Gamespot Halo stuff incoming.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/live/
I was about to say I hope they make Gravemind look a bit better in this.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Remastered 3 & 4, along with ODST and Reach all on 1 disc @ 1080p/60? Just take my money already.

I doubt this will happen though, but we've seen crazier things happen recently. :)

Some people are just never satisfied I guess. If they include ODST and Reach then people will ask for Halo Wars. If they include all, people will ask for Xbox One bundle with free copy.

Halo 1-4 1080p/60fps campaign
Over 100 multiplayer maps
Halo Nightfall Show
Halo 5 beta access

Common guys, enough with the ODST and Reach. And on top of that, it makes no sense to include games where there is no master chief and call it master chief collection.

Which ones are you referring to? The bad ones I had the most distaste for are ones that heavily rely on lifts and shield doors. Or just bad design (Isolation, Orbital). Maps like Zealot, Powerhouse, and Pit are good, although in comparison to the ones in Halo 2 they are really mediocre.

All the default maps will get upscaled but they also are making 6 re-made ones in another engine.

Maybe "many" wasn't the right word to use literally. As simple ports, there are very few I'd be able to think of that would fit because they're always built for the game they're in. I try to think of them as conceptual pieces though, and some of the general layouts had that sort of potential. None are coming to mind but the ones you mentioned would work with some tweaks.

The main difference between the early game maps and the latter ones was that the maps stopped emphasizing vertical advantages, overlapping paths, and and different movement options (such as teleporters and large man cannons). The maps ended up flatter and more linear and then Sprint stretched them out even further.

Zezboob

Very tempted, too bad they didn't remake all multiplayer maps :/

And... WTH is that aliasing on the screenshots ? The forerunner (and humans too in a minor way) buildings were always subject to aliasing, I thought that they would work seriously on it.

Oozer3993

From the GameSpot stream: The new graphical layer also includes re-done audio. The soundtrack has been re-recorded by the Skywalker Orchestra.

I wonder if the permanent invisibility glitch from Halo 2 is still in the game. Something tells me no, if only because of how it operates (i.e. needing to turn off the console).

LNBL

Arena mode in Halo 5 MP will have players starting with equal loadouts en everything, that's what I thinks he means "Equal starts"

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Excellent thread right here.

And I still can't believe this package at all. This is what you call a collection.

Caught it a few minutes late, but watching the Gamespot stream now. Frankie is staying sharp, no slip ups or leaks from him as usual, hahaha.

It just dawned on me too that there will be a proper beta for 343i now, so they can get proper feedback way early this time.

Random17

Frankie stated during one of the interviews that the versions of the games are post patch... basically the games as they were at the end of their life cycle.

This probably means no easy swordflying in Halo 2 A, which is disappointing.

IMO the campaign should have all the non-game breaking glitches*. That was half the reason I kept playing Halo 2's campaign years after release, something which did not occur with the recent iterations Halo:Reach and Halo 4; they were too polished :/

Glitches in the campaign are half the fun. We're still finding new ones in Halo 2.

* e.g. Regret not dying glitch.

I wonder if the front half rising function for Ghosts/Spectres still exists...

ryan299

Arena mode in Halo 5 MP will have players starting with equal loadouts en everything, that's what I thinks he means "Equal starts"

Yeah, Frankie said Halo would be going back to its roots. I'm expecting a huge offering with a Halo 2 style mode then a Halo 4 style mode. GOing to be a lot of content.

Yeah, Frankie said Halo would be going back to its roots. I'm expecting a huge offering with a Halo 2 style mode then a Halo 4 style mode. GOing to be a lot of content.

I think it's very telling when 3 old games are topping pre-orders. One of the more common arguments against Halo going back to that gameplay is that the Arena shooter wasn't popular anymore.

Oozer3993

Frankie stated during one of the interviews that the versions of the games are post patch... basically the games as they were at the end of their life cycle.

This probably means no easy swordflying in Halo 2 A, which is disappointing.

IMO the campaign should have all the non-game breaking glitches*. That was half the reason I kept playing Halo 2's campaign years after release, something which did not occur with the recent iterations Halo:Reach and Halo 4; they were too polished :/

Glitches in the campaign are half the fun. We're still finding new ones in Halo 2.

* e.g. Regret not dying glitch.

I wonder if the front half rising function for Ghosts/Spectres still exists...

Sword flying was never patched out of the campaign. Bungie specifically left it in because the community had so much fun with it.

I think it's very telling when 3 old games are topping pre-orders. One of the more common arguments against Halo going back to that gameplay is that the Arena shooter wasn't popular anymore.

Current pre-order numbers are essentially meaningless. It's 4 games for the price of 1 and the biggest announcement coming out E3 for a game releasing this year. Of course it's getting pre-ordered a lot right now. And just because some one buys this does not mean they'd buy a new game with classic arena gameplay. That newer game wouldn't benefit from the huge amounts of nostalgia and fond memories that this collection can.

Bgamer90

Banned
Fantastic OP. Really looking forward to this.

It's funny though since I don't know where to begin when it comes to MP... Halo 1 or Halo 2?!?!?

Random17

Sword flying was never patched out of the campaign. Bungie specifically left it in because the community had so much fun with it.

After the 1.1 update, it became significantly harder to sword fly because the timing window was reduced. While it is still possible, it is significantly harder to pull it off, and pulling it off consistently with snipers is very, very difficult. The old timing window was easier to deal with, while still retaining some of the difficulty.

This is what I am alluding too, the 1.0 timing window was significantly larger.

This is why the speedrunning community uses prepatch Halo 2 for speedruns.

Some people are just never satisfied I guess. If they include ODST and Reach then people will ask for Halo Wars. If they include all, people will ask for Xbox One bundle with free copy.

Halo 1-4 1080p/60fps campaign
Over 100 multiplayer maps
Halo Nightfall Show
Halo 5 beta access

Common guys, enough with the ODST and Reach. And on top of that, it makes no sense to include games where there is no master chief and call it master chief collection.

I'd probably die of deep vein thrombosis if they remastered ODST's graphics. That + dedis + custom firefight would ruin my life.

InfernoNR

This has me seriously considering buying an Xbox One. I had bought both Xbox consoles at launch, but last year's debacle made me just stick with PC. Might have to do both here soon.

Red

I was only looking forward to The Witcher 3, but this was the game of E3 for me. I can't believe how complete a package it is.

EWmof.gif
Good job 343
p0QHO.gif

jem0208

Other than resolution, have the games received any additional graphical improvements? AO, AF, etc.?

Well, Halo 2 campaign is getting a complete remaster for one. Then 6 of the maps are also being remade.

Other than that I think it's pretty basic, upping the res and framerate.

Madness

Frank, when you say 60 fps for every title, including Halo 4. Does this mean, I can now use like an incineration cannon on Wreckage while staring into the sun/light area and not have the game slow down to molasses?

Is it locked 60 fps? I just can't believe how it'll work. Also, how is FoV improved in Halo 3? And how does the resolution bump affect it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom