• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezehbell

Get Hype people

Halo: Nightfall First-Look
Thursday, July 24, 11:45AM – 12:45PM, Room 6BCF

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Developer Panel
Friday, July 25, 10:15AM – 11:15AM, Room 6BCF

Xbox at Comic-con

2560940-0634426736-71561.gif

Fatmanp

I'd love to see the health system come back.

That's what I'm excited for. The Xbox 360 fans who jumped in at/after 3 are going to be lambs being lead to slaughter when they step into CE and 2 for the first time.

I don't think H3 players will find the transition to H2 all to difficult but at the higher levels of play they will get slaughtered at close range due to the better strafing, button glitches and double shotting.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I am positive that we won't see Halo 3/4 footage until Gamescom though, but I hope they atleast share some leveling up detail for multiplayer. And expecting 3rd map announcement. This is only 15days for now :p

This is not new at all, I remember finding this years and years ago. Every time I would show off halo for the first time on a projector to my youth group (I was a youth leader and I got permission to have halo tournaments with the youth group), or anyone really, I would play this Easter egg because it looked so nice on a larger screen.

But it can only be done on Dec 25th....

Halo 5 is listed on Jennifer Hale's IMDB profile reprising her role as Sara Palmer. Not an official confirmation but there's a pretty higher chance Palmer will have some sort of role in Halo 5
Please no.

I bloody hate Palmer's stupid "look I'm so funny guys, come on like me gais!1!" personality so, damn, much.

Halo 5 is listed on Jennifer Hale's IMDB profile reprising her role as Sara Palmer. Not an official confirmation but there's a pretty higher chance Palmer will have some sort of role in Halo 5
Controversial opinion. I like Palmer and hoping to see more of her in the Halo series.

daedalius

I am. What makes her so bad? I just don't get the hate.

The hate for her seems a bit overblown.

She isn't my favorite character; seems like they wanted to make a new Johnson, but it didn't come across how we or they wanted.

Is she just too cliched in her presentation in 4 and spartan ops?

Toa TAK

Banned
She needs to be humanized, I feel. Like, I have no real reason to root for her, as opposed to Lasky, where we saw his beginning.

The hate for her seems a bit overblown.

She isn't my favorite character; seems like they wanted to make a new Johnson, but it didn't come across how we or they wanted.

Is she just too cliched in her presentation in 4 and spartan ops?
I hope that wasn't what they were going for, because Johnson is irreplaceable. I know she is not liked but I feel she can grow and be a better liked character. Kind of like Hershel in Walking Dead tv series.

Danny 117

I'd like her if we saw something epic from her like saving chief, disobeying ONI orders, or something along those lines. She was too 'by the book' for me in Halo 4. The only person that annoyed me nearly as much was Andrew Del Rio.

Oh, and of course that eggheads shite was super annoying.

They should release exclusive 1080p 60FPS footage of the remastered multiplayer on Youtube so it automatically bitrates it into shitty quality and 30FPS.

feel

Anyone know if this will be available to purchase digitally off xbox live on day one?

To be fair, we would be seeing the exact same MP that we've already played, just at a higher res/framerate.

Give me the rest of the anniversary maps plz.
Can't fap to Halo 4 pretending to be Halo 2, gimme 1080p60fps multiplayer footage of Halo 2 and 3.

FyreWulff

Anyone know if this will be available to purchase digitally off xbox live on day one?

Can't fap to Halo 4 pretending to be Halo 2, gimme 1080p60fps multiplayer footage of Halo 2 and 3.

They used Halo 2 PC on some of the Waypoint retrospective vids, they're in 60fps.

More interested to see Halo 3 @ 60fps

It'd be REALLY interesting to see Reach @ 60 1080p without the temporal AA

I am. What makes her so bad? I just don't get the hate.

The biggest issues I had with Spartan Ops story was Spartans were reduced to "shoot it till it works", and the scientists were reduced to "I'm going to conduct my research in the middle of a firefight, don't rescue me!". Spartans were seen as kill happy idiots and scientists were seen as "eggheads with no common sense". So in that filter I get the Palmer hate. She was also pretty annoying in Initiation. Only time I cared was 4's main campaign, and Spartan Assault (since she never talked and had a good relationship with Davis).

Izayoi

Banned
They used Halo 2 PC on some of the Waypoint retrospective vids, they're in 60fps.

More interested to see Halo 3 @ 60fps

It'd be REALLY interesting to see Reach @ 60 1080p without the temporal AA
I mean, I know it's the m cheif collection, but I really wish that at the very least that had also included Reach's MP.

93xfan

Banned
I mean, I know it's the m cheif collection, but I really wish that at the very least that had also included Reach's MP.

Me too. I'd love to see it added in as well. Everyone having all the maps would be amazing for team slayer! Hardly got to play some of the DLC...

Izayoi

Banned
Me too. I'd love to see it added in as well. Everyone having all the maps would be amazing for team slayer! Hardly got to play some of the DLC...
I haven't even set foot on the DLC maps outside of the very first pack, and even my time spent on those was pretty limited...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom