• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC PC - All games to be out by the end of 2019.

CyberPanda

Banned
Image courtesy of splash damage.

s0S8mtf.jpg

CuNi

Hmm I thought they would release between this and next year's E3. Didn't expect them to all drop this year. Kinda cool but also fuels the fear for a rushed release like the original MCC was.

Graciaus

This is just the campaigns right? I just want to play halo 2 online like I do now.

The games all not coming out at once is probably better. Now I don't have to feel forced to replay all of them in a row again.

Orta

Banned
So six Halo games over the coming nine months. Possibly a game a month if Reach arrives early summer.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
The price is all im interested in.

Im up to £29.99 but any more and itll have to wait.
Per game? That seems a bit steep. IIRC they announced they'll release game by game without any Season Pass. My limit is 10 bucks per game. Any more and I'll pass until they're all out.

Three

Hmm I thought they would release between this and next year's E3. Didn't expect them to all drop this year. Kinda cool but also fuels the fear for a rushed release like the original MCC was.

This is not a rushed release. It's a 5 year old game, a remaster of some games that are up to 18 years old. The port from Xbox one to PC doesn't take 5 years. They don't announce games coming to PC because they want xbox one sales. Sunset overdrive came to PC with almost nothing between announce and release. They could probabl release them all sooner.

The likely reason they are releasing the game in stages is because they want to maximise profit. They will sell 'the collection' individually throughout the slow year and a game as part of the gamepass subscriptions announcements every other month.

Last edited:

Calibos

Awesome!

I’d imagine Reach took the longest and slowed everything else down. Halo CE will be quick I would assume and the rest should come pretty quick after that.

The dev time on these will just be about performance, controls and putting in all the PC bells and whistle options. They also have to account for two front end deliveries with Win 10 and Steam. Still, quicker than I thought! Good job 343!

CuNi

This is not a rushed release. It's a 5 year old game, a remaster of some games that are up to 18 years old. The port from Xbox one to PC doesn't take 5 years. They don't announce games coming to PC because they want xbox one sales. Sunset overdrive came to PC with almost nothing between announce and release. They could probabl release them all sooner.

The likely reason they are releasing the game in stages is because they want to maximise profit. They will sell 'the collection' individually throughout the slow year and a game as part of the gamepass subscriptions announcements every other month.

I mean if we take into consideration that we haven't really seen anything of it and to my knowledge the flight testing hasn't even started, it could end up being a Desaster again. Shipping on PC is not just adding a FOV slider or resolution to the game, it has to be heavily modified for PC code wise in order to work.

As long as I don't see any news of testing and it working well, I will remain skeptical of a release time of 6 months for 6 games.

Three

I mean if we take into consideration that we haven't really seen anything of it and to my knowledge the flight testing hasn't even started, it could end up being a Desaster again. Shipping on PC is not just adding a FOV slider or resolution to the game, it has to be heavily modified for PC code wise in order to work.

As long as I don't see any news of testing and it working well, I will remain skeptical of a release time of 6 months for 6 games.

Fair enough but we saw nothing of Sunset overdrive before the PC release too and that was OK.

Anyone having problem with images not displaying on GAF with Chrome? I've disabled everything possible and it just doesn't display

Also you guys are dreaming if you expect the new MCC collection to be 60$, there's a reason why each titles are being released separately over the span of two years: they're actually going to release each game separately which probably will amount to more than 100$

Also surprise: even if you get the game on Steam, you WILL need an Xbox Live account to play it...which is interesting and annoying.

manfestival

Cant wait to play 1-3 at 240fps on PC with ray tracing, navi enabled, AAx54, freeg-syncing, real time water effects, magnetism enabled... FINALLY

Also you guys are dreaming if you expect the new MCC collection to be 60$, there's a reason why each titles are being released separately over the span of two years: they're actually going to release each game separately which probably will amount to more than 100$

MCC itself could have been broken up and sold as individual updated Halo remasters for $40 each and people would have bought them. Instead they released the whole thing as a package for $60 which included two anniversary remastered versions and ODST was later added free of charge.

Also surprise: even if you get the game on Steam, you WILL need an Xbox Live account to play it...which is interesting and annoying.

Not a surprise, it's been common knowledge you'd need Xbox silver since it was announced. Xbox Live silver is free and takes 5minutes to set up. All the info you need.

MCC itself could have been broken up and sold as individual updated Halo remasters for $40 each and people would have bought them. Instead they released the whole thing as a package for $60 which included two anniversary remastered versions and ODST was later added free of charge.

Not a surprise, it's been common knowledge you'd need Xbox silver since it was announced. Xbox Live silver is free and takes 5minutes to set up. All the info you need.

If it's free, why is it silver?

Calibos

Baseless hyperbole here. ^^^

The MCC is $30 on Xbox right now and also available through gamepass. The Xbox Live integration is something MS is doing for all of it's titles that go to other ecosystems and is a valid way to build the Xbox Live community.

Also, buying the MCC gives you Halo 1-4. ODST was an add on apology and available later at $5-10? Reach MP will be included with the collection, you know, the title that is for sale. Reach campaign will be an add on as well with an unknown cost, but I would think it wouldn't be more than the MCC as a whole.

The MCC is a collection of games for sale, not an individual game for sale.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
What they’re doing is milking the franchise out over 2019 and it’s okay, it won’t solve Halo’s main problem which is overcoming the top dawg Call of Duty. Manipulating release dates is nothing new, I think not having a concrete release date is more confusing tho.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo

Halo PC Pillars

When building games, there are different frameworks people use to communicate the vision for that game to the team and to our community. One way to communicate the vision is through a series of pillars that clearly articulate priorities of the game along with attributes that support each pillar. When we began planning the PC version of MCC, we set out to define our pillars. The three defining principles we are focusing on are three key pillars; PC Native, Legacy, and Engaging & Evolving.

PC Native Pillar

Being PC native means that we deliver a best-in-class PC shooter as measured by PC gamers that require the following specifics.

Controls
  • Robust action mapping options
  • Great mouse/keyboard input across the entire game
  • Low input latency by leveraging raw input and latency validation via slow motion cameras
  • Support for a broad set of mouse and gameplay options
PC Native UI
  • Updated UI controls familiar to PC users
  • Robust video and game options that allow users to tailor the experience to their hardware
  • Support for FOV sliders (to the extent each game can realistically support)
  • Text chat
Runs on a variety of hardware and takes advantage of what is there in both UI and gameplay
  • Range of resolution and aspect ratio support for monitors
    • 4K+ resolution, native aspect ratio support from 4:3 up to 21:9 Ultrawide
    • GSync/FreeSync support
    • High refresh rate support
  • Mice both high or low DPI
  • Multiple styles of Keyboards
  • Video cards, both dedicated and integrated
  • XInput supported controllers
  • Loading optimizations
High quality window handling
  • Borderless full screen
  • Flexible window resizing
  • Gracefully handles keyboard shortcuts such as ALT-TAB/ALT-ENTER, etc.

Top Bottom