• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

NEW GAMEPLAY!

Halo 5 GAMEPLAY - [TRUTH] EXCLUSIVE Halo 5: Guardians Beta Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmbG7e9gGSM&list=UU-UXMS9Q-apozW8jALP5UZw

Make sure to watch it in 60fps :) Looks really awesome and the video shows (once more) that smart scope is just exactly what zoom ever was in Halo. I also like that the pistol seems to very strong again.

Nope, Ironsights are obnoxious, don't need my gun obstructing my view for no reason, when I should be able to look directly through the scope, like every other Halo game.

That DMR ADS was brutal, giant fucking Ironsights filling up the screen. I still don't like Sprint. Glad to hear more players commenting that aim assist is toned down and it's harder to shoot. That along with the reticule back in the middle of the screen should make the game fun to shoot in, but ADS and Sprint really damper the hype. Automatics still look too easy to use though.

woodland

Jesus the sights on the DMR is fucking massive in that video. Sigh. Has anyone asked Frank if we at least have the option to turn off sprint? I assume fuck no, but it would be nice.

Overdoziz

Banned
Have you tried BR starts on Warlock with grenades at spawn? It's seriously worse. With the SMG starts on that map you can at least move 5 feet before getting shot at.

Anyone who believes BR starts should be universal needs to play a few rounds of Warlock/Warlord with BR starts and they'll realize that belief is flawed.
Have you tried not being shit at the game?
Just asking.

Sephzilla

Have you tried not being shit at the game?
Just asking.

i like to think i'm pretty good at halo and pretty good at knowing a shitty gametype for certain maps.

so do all of the people saying the banshee needs to be removed from Ascension just need to get good at reaching the Rocket spawn faster?

Tawpgun

It might break the equal start mantra.... But I would love to be able to unlock a smart HUD link attachment to my guns.

Turns it into old zoom.

If ads really is cosmetic it shouldn't be an issue right? Could allow people to customize their sights

Overdoziz

Banned
i like to think i'm pretty good at halo and pretty good at knowing a shitty gametype for certain maps.

so do all of the people saying the banshee needs to be removed from Ascension just need to get good at reaching the Rocket spawn faster?
Sounds like someone can't get the 4-shot down. Don't worry bb, we've all been there.

Omni

NEW GAMEPLAY!

Make sure to watch it in 60fps :) Looks really awesome and the video shows (once more) that smart scope is just exactly what zoom ever was in Halo. I also like that the pistol seems to very strong again.

I like it. Still a bit iffy on the SMG but that's what the beta is for.

Plus did they finally realise there are more colours than brown? 'cause what we've seen of Halo 5 so far makes me excited. The maps actually look good. Don't want to speak too soon, of course. But it's shaping up.

Tawpgun

But a lot of people love warlock brs. It was a halo 2 mlg map also. It's kinda well established as a great competetive map. Banshee on ascension has always been kinda meh. I never liked the idea of a power vehicle in a 4 v 4 map.

klodeckel

Banned
Except not. 343 has said that some guns (SMG) have spread changes when zoomed in. So it's not exactly like old zoom.

Map control issues are something to be seriously worried about.

From H5 mp thread.

They talk so much about map control. I am not seeing any map control. Just players sprinting to a gun battle off spawn die, rinse, repeat. This was the single biggest issue with Halo 4. Reduce sprint speed to a small bump from base speed or remove it and H5 will be a great game.

Nope, Ironsights are obnoxious, don't need my gun obstructing my view for no reason, when I should be able to look directly through the scope, like every other Halo game.

That DMR ADS was brutal, giant fucking Ironsights filling up the screen. I still don't like Sprint. Glad to hear more players commenting that aim assist is toned down and it's harder to shoot. That along with the reticule back in the middle of the screen should make the game fun to shoot in, but ADS and Sprint really damper the hype. Automatics still look too easy to use though.

I don't know about you guys, but I can only refer to that video just posted there ... And in exactly this video, the best player in this match does not use smart scope or sprint 95% of the time - probably because the benefits are simply not high enough in the gameplay situations there. He even states several times that it is just not worth to blindly zoom in. I am sorry, but this is exactly the opposite of your concerns.

Personally, I would love to see if they could nerf the thruster pack to something like a 10 sec cooldown - tis would result in much more "think about you use it" and more rewarding situations.

Sephzilla

But a lot of people love warlock brs. It was a halo 2 mlg map also. It's kinda well established as a great competetive map. Banshee on ascension has always been kinda meh. I never liked the idea of a power vehicle in a 4 v 4 map.

Only vehicle I really like on a 4v4 map is a Warthog, because it requires two people in order to be truly lethal. The real problem with the banshee on ascension is that if you don't get the rockets at the very start of the map you're pretty much screwed.

*Shrug* I'm not a fan of Ascension in general and don't think it's a very good map even w/out the Banshee. I'd rather play 4v4 BRs on Warlock than do a map on Ascension.

That's what I was thinking.

I agree as well. Sprinting should use power resources from your suit. If you sprint away your shields are gone. That means if someone runs to the power weapon he will pick it up with hardly any shields... That would be more balanced. The problem with their current system is people can still run into a room and melee and shoot like Halo 4.

Mix

NEW GAMEPLAY!

Really liking it so far, SMG is a bit OP but, like rosso said, that's what the beta is for.

I really do not like the audible hit markers. Those need to go, seriously, it takes me out of the experience. Not from playing it, obviously, it just takes me out of the video too. It feels off. IDK, as it's been said, that's what the beta is for.

Booshka

I don't know about you guys, but I can only refer to that video just posted there ... And in exactly this video, the best player in this match does not use smart scope or sprint 95% of the time - probably because the benefits are simply not high enough in the gameplay situations there. He even states several times that it is just not worth to blindly zoom in. I am sorry, but this is exactly the opposite of your concerns.

Personally, I would love to see if they could nerf the thruster pack to something like a 10 sec cooldown - tis would result in much more "think about you use it" and more rewarding situations.

You're not reading apparently. I am saying that Ironsights filling up the screen is objectively worse than how Zoom has traditionally worked in Halo. I understand that hipfire is still how the majority of firefights will go down, but when you do need to zoom for longer range encounters, there shouldn't be Ironsights filling up your screen and obstructing your view.

Tawpgun

Yeah ascension was a real head scratcher when it was announced for remake.

Another note, I remember reading how they were gonna remake terminal but scrapped it. Wonder if there's any chance of it being finished up. Would be a great free thank you to fans if it was feasible to finish up.

It might break the equal start mantra.... But I would love to be able to unlock a smart HUD link attachment to my guns.

Turns it into old zoom.

If ads really is cosmetic it shouldn't be an issue right? Could allow people to customize their sights

UT let you change your reticle in 1999. RIP

Really liking it so far, SMG is a bit OP but, like rosso said, that's what the beta is for.

I really do not like the audible hit markers. Those need to go, seriously, it takes me out of the experience. Not from playing it, obviously, it just takes me out of the video too. It feels off. IDK, as it's been said, that's what the beta is for.

I feel like I'm going nuts, since I can't hear any audible hitmarkers but people keep talking about them, lol. I hear the shield recharge beep and the medals beep, but not the hitmarker noise.

I just noticed that H5 has a timer for when you shield will start to recharge.

I think that's technically just your health bar.

FyreWulff

I only like Warlock for objectives. Slayer (BR start or otherwise) is just a grind until the end.

Part of the issue is they put the BRs up top, which is the best place to use the BRs, when they should have been put on the bottom of the map. You're able to just keep them filled forever.

Computer

I feel like I'm going nuts, since I can't hear any audible hitmarkers but people keep talking about them, lol. I hear the shield recharge beep and the medals beep, but not the hitmarker noise.

I think that's technically just your health bar.

No watch the very small bar just above the shield bar. When it goes all the way down the shield will start to charge up.

uwdanman

Neo Member
Only vehicle I really like on a 4v4 map is a Warthog, because it requires two people in order to be truly lethal. The real problem with the banshee on ascension is that if you don't get the rockets at the very start of the map you're pretty much screwed.

*Shrug* I'm not a fan of Ascension in general and don't think it's a very good map even w/out the Banshee. I'd rather play 4v4 BRs on Warlock than do a map on Ascension.

Or if the enemy has rockets and holding them, there is no way combat the banshee. With little cover on the map it's just annoying.

Sephzilla

Yeah ascension was a real head scratcher when it was announced for remake.

Another note, I remember reading how they were gonna remake terminal but scrapped it. Wonder if there's any chance of it being finished up. Would be a great free thank you to fans if it was feasible to finish up.

I think if 343 wanted to compensate people for the launch week issues MCC has had the perfect reward would be announcing 6 more H2A maps.

-Terminal
-Relic
-Headlong
-Turf
-Beaver Creek
-Ivory Tower

uwdanman

Neo Member
I think if 343 wanted to compensate people for the launch week issues MCC has had the perfect reward would be announcing 6 more H2A maps.

Only thing I can see them doing is awarding some 15 day XBL extensions to the accounts that played MCC after launch. CA is busy with their unannounced project right?

Tawpgun

Lol they're not gonna make more maps from scratch. But finishing ones that are close to done could be feasible but unlikely.

Ramirez

Gotta be honest, I think Halo 5 looks great. I never thought I'd be saying that, but here I am.

I think the ADS on the DMR could make it not as OP as it's been since you don't get a full screen view of the battlefield. I think the BR sight looks really dumb, much less obtrusive though.

Thruster was the one great thing about Halo 4 for me, so I'm glad to see it back, and upped in power. It's also refreshing to not see people flying around the map with jetpack, easily my most hated thing in Reach/4.

On a side note, kinda sucks that no tweets about progress on MCC have been put out since that Saturday update. If the patch is done, tell us what it aims to fix. A lot of people think it's going to fix MM completely, and I hope it does for the most part, but I would love to know if it's at least going to allow parties to play together without the hassle.

Caja 117

Only thing I can see them doing is awarding some 15 day XBL extensions to the accounts that played MCC after launch. CA is busy with their unannounced project right?

I insist that I doubt that the only made 6 maps for MCC, the 6 we got were the ones that made the cut and they should have 2 or 3 unrealeased maps that just need to be finished.

Gotta be honest, I think Halo 5 looks great. I never thought I'd be saying that, but here I am.

I think the ADS on the DMR could make it not as OP as it's been since you don't get a full screen view of the battlefield. I think the BR sight looks really dumb, much less obtrusive though.

Thruster was the one great thing about Halo 4 for me, so I'm glad to see it back, and upped in power. It's also refreshing to not see people flying around the map with jetpack, easily my most hated thing in Reach/4.

On a side note, kinda sucks that no tweets about progress on MCC have been put out since that Saturday update. If the patch is done, tell us what it aims to fix. A lot of people think it's going to fix MM completely, and I hope it does for the most part, but I would love to know if it's at least going to allow parties to play together without the hassle.

I think I heard we're getting some patch notes later today.

uwdanman

Neo Member
I insist that I doubt that the only made 6 maps for MCC, the 6 we got were the ones that made the cut and they should have 2 or 3 unrealeased maps that just need to be finished.

You may be correct, didn't think of that. Incoming Waterworks announcement in 3..2...1........ (searching)

Tawpgun

I think I heard we're getting some patch notes later today.
I posted that earlier but I confused bungie for 343 again.

On the plus side destiny patch notes look great!

I hope we do get some kind of an update today. Would be great to know the scope of the update. Like what exactly is it gonna allegedly fix.

RoKKeR

Latest Halo 5 gameplay has me sold. I've really come around on it. Love the even starts, love the focus on map control and power weapons, love that the armor abilities so far seem to be balanced and fairly unobtrusive... it just looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

The things I still am not on board with:

-Steitzer. It's really bad. "Double Kill" is so damn cringe worthy, not to mention the "Halfway to Victory" (??? who gives a shit?) and some of the other new medals/calls they've added in. What use to be an awesome part of Halo has officially jumped the shark and is starting to annoy me.

-Spartan callouts. Like Greenskull said, interesting feature but let's just hope we have the option to turn it off. I would imagine this is something 343 could easily understand/respond to by making it a toggle.

-Bleep bleep bloop. WAY too many things happening sonically. I do not need hit marker bleeps in addition to the hit markers themselves, I do not need an additional "kerplunk" sound when I get a headshot (sounds like fucking Plants vs. Zombies... so dumb) and overall there seems to be a lot of stuff going on making it harder to distinguish what's happening elsewhere in the map. This is my biggest complaint right now.

I've come around on SmartScope, it really does look just like zoom (minus the addition on automatic weapons), sprint is what it is (could do without it) but overall I'm just excited to try it out and see for myself.

daedalius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom