• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

I did say Infinity 2.0, this is just the natural progression of what they wanted with Infinity. But at least this way, it doesn't bleed over into regular BTB/Team Slayer.

But people are going to naturally complain they can't buy power weapons or vehicles in Arena. I bet Arena will become the new slur against competitive players. You Arena babies and your MLG, we just want to have fun etc.

That seems really dumb, and if it happens it is just stupid forum diarreah.

Really, people will probably just play whatever they like and not give a shit what other people are playing.

Regarding Warzone cutting into the map count, it seems like a mode that won't need a wide variety of maps to stay fresh. With the sheer size and possibilities due to the massive sandbox they could probably limit it to just 3 or 4 maps and that would be fine. Especially since Frankie hinted that there's multiple gametypes.

I don't think Breakout should be an issue either. It seems like that mode will largely rely on Forge variants rather than a bunch of truly distinct maps, which makes sense for what it is.

Lol this is the Sentinel Battle Rifle from Gamestop

halo5_sentrifle_bonusiukvv.jpg

Amazon has the Projection SMG with Long Barrel

halo-5-guardians-preojxpro.jpg

Walmart has one too, but no Screenshot

nillapuddin

the way it says

"ROCKET LAUNCHERS"
"BATTLE RIFLES"

let me know there were for sure gunna be variants, Im really cautiously optimistic

edit: and as Im sitting on that post for half an hour, there it is

AlStrong

Is there going to be a variant of Warzone with just one team of humans? More like Firefight/SpOps, which was just PvE.

Heh, I was thinking Mass Effect Cerberus, but I guess Titanfall works, and Cerberus is more yellowy anyway.

singhr1

Lol at Walmart's pre-order bonus:

"PRE-ORDER NOW & RECEIVE The Fight Chance Pack! Includes: Medical Kit, Double Barrel Shotgun, Incendiary Agony Bolt, Poison Agony Bolt, and Green Gel."

We have so little information about this game.

Frank/Josh, may you let us know if the additional scopes can be carried into Arena or not? I am personally not a big fan of the new default sight on the BR, so could I use a more traditional scope somewhere else?

Or is all of this limited to Warzone? What about campaign?

Thanks =D

Haruko

"PRE-ORDER NOW & RECEIVE The Fight Chance Pack! Includes: Medical Kit, Double Barrel Shotgun, Incendiary Agony Bolt, Poison Agony Bolt, and Green Gel."

That's text from a different game's preorder (The Evil Within), that they lazily cut and pasted.

Shame on Wal-Mart though; they've left it that way for MONTHS

That's the Evil Within

I'm laughing at you

daedalius

Watched the RUL warzone game. Mantis and phaeton looks nuts, and awesome.

I always loved using the mantis, looks like a proper mech now.

Phaeton looks crazy powerful.

Hot swapping seats in hog was great.

I'm gonna play the shit out of this mode.

Man keep that weapon attachment bullshit in Warzone.

Weapon attachments are staying in Warzone right? Just Warzone????

Pretty sure they already said that stuff is only in warzone

FyreWulff

Did they add the ability to switch between first and third person in the warthog by clicking the zoom button?

Because I've wondered why that hasn't been done since Halo 2

Madness

I'm trying not to say anything too much about Warzone. I literally insulted the devs of Mass Effect 3 when I heard of multi-player being added (don't worry I apologized and did tons of matches with them). Instead, it turned out to be some of the funnest gaming I had done in years. Probably spent over 100 hours playing ME3 multi-player. Even spending good money on premium spectre packs.

Warzone is separate from Arena. They're not forcing Team Slayer players to play much like Infinity vs Slayer Pro. It's no different than having a Dominion, Firefight, Invasion available. Even though the mechanics are something we might not support. If they try to cut Arena going forward or want this Warzone to be the future of Halo MP, we might have issues. That said, I'm excited to get my hands on it.

Omni

Wonder how many stores we'll have to pre-order at and how much Mountain Dew we'll have to buy to get all the skins this time?

darthbob

Love this character design. Props 343

h5-guardians-render-warden-e708ab619e8446208e9d81d3f2a97def.png

So who is this guy? File name says H5 Guardians Render Warden.

I suppose Warden could be his name (like Didact), or a role he serves. After seeing the campaign demo at E3 I suppose this guy will be the new big bad.

singhr1

So who is this guy? File name says H5 Guardians Render Warden.

I suppose Warden could be his name (like Didact), or a role he serves. After seeing the campaign demo at E3 I suppose this guy will be the new big bad.

He calls himself the "Warden Eternal" and protects "The Domain"

"The Domain was an esoteric quantum information repository used by the Forerunners to contain vast amounts of knowledge, most notably their cultural and ancestral records." - Halopedia.... basically their internet database of information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom