• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

There is seriously somebody on gameside claiming that the 15 page gameplay reveal thread means that Halo is doomed.

He's got numbers to prove it. 1.75 million copies, tops.

I'm convinced.

It does.

Watch how jimmies get rustled as Halo 5 becomes the best selling exclusive to date on any platform for next gen. Will easily outsell Bloodborne, Infamous: Second Son etc. Why would anyone who owns an Xbox One not pick up Halo 5? What did you buy the console for if not Halo, Gears etc.

Ramirez

I really like the redesigned Covenant vehicles, and as Unknown said, the Ghost just kinda...sucks. I doubt it'll be that much of a threat even with a front defense. There's also the possibility that it's a REQ Ghost variant, not sure if they're making variants of vehicles though.

Also sat down and watched all of the Sprint episodes, what a great series. I wish every major studio would put these out. Making AAA games seems like a terrifying field, but the payoff must feel good when you see it all come together. The sound design part was probably my favorite, really fascinating how they get those sounds made.

Welfare

I really like the redesigned Covenant vehicles, and as Unknown said, the Ghost just kinda...sucks. I doubt it'll be that much of a threat even with a front defense. There's also the possibility that it's a REQ Ghost variant, not sure if they're making variants of vehicles though.

Ghosts that can shoot Fuel Rods.

I'll let you have that one for free, 343.

singhr1

The only reason there is no disc in the LCE is to prevent the mass trade in like H4.

image.php

Invert

Neo Member
I may be a day late and a dollar short with this, or just out of the loop in general. I noticed that In episode 2 of the Sprint
Halsey is apparently back on the Infinity... and standing by Palmer? approximately 5mins 20 secs in

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
God I can't even handle how awesome backwards compatibility is. Playing Mass Effect on my Xbone now. So fucking good.

The only reason there is no disc in the LCE is to prevent the mass trade in like H4.

They're making a $1000 or so off of Reclaimer Hub alone.
lmfao
God I can't even handle how awesome backwards compatibility is. Playing Mass Effect on my Xbone now. So fucking good.
Played some PDZ multiplayer and co-op last night; it felt great. BattleBlock Theater co-op the night before was incredible.

Granadier

lmfao

Played some PDZ multiplayer and co-op last night; it felt great. Battleblocks co-op the night before was incredible.

I looked for Battleblock Theatre at Gamestop while I was picking up a used copy of Mass Effect and had no luck.

Did you have your's still, or did you find it somewhere?

I sold all my 360 stuff years ago :/

Right? It shouldn't be as cool as it is, but there you have it. Rocking that vintage.

It's weird, cause it's not super old, but I had a big smile on my face when I heard the old sign in sound.

Watch how jimmies get rustled as Halo 5 becomes the best selling exclusive to date on any platform for next gen. Will easily outsell Bloodborne, Infamous: Second Son etc. Why would anyone who owns an Xbox One not pick up Halo 5? What did you buy the console for if not Halo, Gears etc.

you'd be surprised, lots of chatter on the gears beta about halo 5.

Most of it has been largely negative, and yes there was the comment about MCC being a "chuckle fuck of patches".

I love eavesdropping in lobbies.

Wait, the LE has a disc? I don't get it, has Frank or Josh commented on why the LCE does not have one? It doesn't make sense to me.

Part of the price tag is getting it early and preloading.

IDK, I just made that up. I actually prefer it, since I'm going all digital this gen other than Gamefly.

Wait, the LE has a disc? I don't get it, has Frank or Josh commented on why the LCE does not have one? It doesn't make sense to me.

My guess is it's because the LCE comes out a week early. If they shipped it with the disc, that would mean you could play it a week early. Without a disc and instead a download code, it allows you to preload a week early, but not play.

My guess is it's because the LCE comes out a week early. If they shipped it with the disc, that would mean you could play it a week early. Without a disc and instead a download code, it allows you to preload a week early, but not play.

If you could play the LCE a week early, that could sell a lot more of those editions.

Nori Chan

I feel like I need to start being part of this community because every halo gaming side thread is just troll bait.

But there are people arguing that nobody wanted it and "why should we continue to play old games on a next gen console"

seriously

First thing I did was check to see if Super Meat Boy was there... It was. Downloaded it. Played for a glorious half hour and died about two hundred times while I waited for some friends to get on.

Thank you Microsoft for the backwards compatibility! Now I just need Deus Ex Human Revolution to get supported....
Squarepls

Granadier

I feel like I need to start being part of this community because every halo gaming side thread is just troll bait.

But there are people arguing that nobody wanted it and "why should we continue to play old games on a next gen console"

seriously

Yeah, and there's a thread in the gaming section action if now's the right time for a FF7 remake.

People are fucking idiots.

Madness

you'd be surprised, lots of chatter on the gears beta about halo 5.

Most of it has been largely negative, and yes there was the comment about MCC being a "chuckle fuck of patches".

I love eavesdropping in lobbies.

I think Gears is in an even more peculiar position than Halo. Gears 3 was one of the best games made, and it's multiplayer was solid, the best in the series from an overall standpoint and yet it dropped like a rock. Judgment was so bad, people don't even remember it being released. Gears 4 while looking amazing, didn't have the same "hook" as Halo 5 did. What do I honestly care about JD and Kait and what seems to be Sera covered in some new Flood type forms? Do people even remember the end of Gears, what happened to the Locust queen etc.

The advertising juggernaut hasn't started for Halo yet. Soon will come the console bundle, the gameplay commercials, and then the media outlets like IGN probably doing another month of Halo. I only see Halo being outsold by Battlefront and CoD and that's solely due to multiplatform.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
why the hell would you want to play Halo in the third person

that's worse than playing inverted, c'mon

I kind wish there was a version of the cheaper LE with a download code that shipped early. I've been saying it for a while now, but I would really like the Steelbook and other extras and it would go nicely along my other Halo LEs, but I really want to start playing the second the digital copies unlock. :\ I would get the crazy LCE and I think it was a cool idea they went digital/early release with it, but I definitely don't have the cash the justify it.

Madness

One thing I noticed when Locke picks up the new Plasma Caster, he speaks the name out loud, Plasma Caster. Was that just for E3 show or what? Would he speak out the names of new weapons or heavy weapons every time or just the first time you pick it up? I thought the ADS on it looked ridiculous though.

Blueblur1

One thing I noticed when Locke picks up the new Plasma Caster, he speaks the name out loud, Plasma Caster. Was that just for E3 show or what? Would he speak out the names of new weapons or heavy weapons every time or just the first time you pick it up? I thought the ADS on it looked ridiculous though.

Most definitely for E3 only.

Could be like Halo 4 and its elaborate first-pickup animations for Promethean weapons. Maybe they call out the names of the new weapons the first time you pick them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom