• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan299

Just completed ODST on legendary solo and didn't get one achievement for completing it. Seriously wtf?

Blame Xbone's terrible achievement system.

I don't have trouble with any other games. MCC didn't count levels completed at launch and still doesn't. It's just terrible.

Mix

Just completed ODST on legendary solo and didn't get one achievement for completing it. Seriously wtf?

I don't have trouble with any other games. MCC didn't count levels completed at launch and still doesn't. It's just terrible.

I haven't had that problem at all, but Xbone achievement system is buggy as hell, I have destiny achievos pop at random ass times, sometimes during other games

I've had some games do this, but not on the level of MCC. (I had ones that didn'y unlock for months). Still, I blame the terrible achievement system, with a hint of blame on devs.

If that's the case I'm leaning towards going straight through 3 then 4 and going back to ODST later. I definitely want to play it either way.

Yeah, ODST takes place between 2 or so missions in H2; stopping to play an entire game would be pretty jarring.

So my friend told me that Virgil guides you to all the audio logs in ODST using the environment. I never knew this and it kind of blew my mind. Makes everything so much easier.

gif I made showing what I mean http://i.imgur.com/DKhRxky.gifv

Holy shit, that's so damn cool.

Karl2177

So my friend told me that Virgil guides you to all the audio logs in ODST using the environment. I never knew this and it kind of blew my mind. Makes everything so much easier.

gif I made showing what I mean http://i.imgur.com/DKhRxky.gifv

Yup. There's even areas where a Covenant patrol will be in a stationary position until alerted. Vergil will direct you to the stealth route around that encounter unless they are aware. The best example I can give is after Tayari Plaza on the way to Uplift Reserve, there's a Brute and 3 Grunts(2 on turrets). You can sneak through a building with security doors, and if those 4 enemies aren't alerted the signs near the door will tell you to detour through the doors.

HTupolev

I still can't get over how weird MCC's menus are.

The multiple layers for Halo 2 (classic and anniversary in MP) and Halo 3 (Halo 3 and ODST in campaign) aren't really more intuitive than treating them separately, and it creates inconsistencies in MCC's already busy menu tree layering.

Theatre being under MP makes no sense at all.

How is the ODST port?
Roughly the same overall quality as the Halo 3 port, albeit a bit worse in framerate (not a big issue though), and IMO the screwed up brightness curves impact ODST more harshly than Halo 3.

Just started ODST this weekend, I really like the dark and atmospheric world. The whole investigating crash sites and then replaying a flashback is a really good idea imo. Makes it varied and different from the main series.

Just started ODST this weekend, I really like the dark and atmospheric world. The whole investigating crash sites and then replaying a flashback is a really good idea imo. Makes it varied and different from the main series.

I love the atmosphere for ODST. Coupled with the music, it's just so damn good.

Halo 3: ODST achievement:

"Mean Streets of New Mombasa193 (30)
H3: ODST: Complete every level of the game on Legendary difficulty."

Solo legendary campaing is done (with Legendary Campaign Playlist), but achievement is missing. :( Bug?

I love the atmosphere for ODST. Coupled with the music, it's just so damn good.

Yeah the music score is very well made and fits the scenes perfectly, especially that lonely feeling.

ODST is really best played alone in singleplayer too, coop kind of breaks the atmosphere first time around.

The best thing about MCC's ODST port? What they did with Mombasa Streets. The playlist with all the Mombasa Streets investigation segments is a really cool idea, and you can choose them individually as rally points when loading up the level itself through the Campaign menu, which is also neat. Back on 360 you could only choose to do free roam; if you wanted to replay investigation segments you had to replay the entire campaign. I was wondering how MCC would handle it ever since the port was announced and it turned out better than I ever expected.

I am super bummed there's no new/update cross-game playlists though. I was really hoping for a playlist with all Earth missions from Halo 2, Halo 3, and ODST in chronological order.

Takashi

The soundtrack definitely adds to experience too. Whether it's the somber tracks of the streets or this sweet goodness.

Speaking of that piece, I always thought it was cool seeing just how menacing a single Brute (and the Covenant in general) can be to anyone that isn't Chief. Granted it was a Chieftain but still, a group of top soldiers- ranked just below Spartans no less- still manage to struggle against him.

Mistel

Banned
ODST is really best played alone in singleplayer too, coop kind of breaks the atmosphere first time around.
Co op doesn't really hamper the atmosphere other than right at the beginning. Once it gets past one or two missions it's alright, as you don't loose any scale of you vs entire city, even with that extra person.

2 to 3 people however I can see detracting though but it does make some of it fun mission wise and general exploration.

Hey guys, ranks still don't work right.
qpsAoX1.png

image.jpg

Akai__

Is this the official Windows 10 release date now? I tested the latest preview build and it's still plagued with issues. We have a whole year to switch anyway, so I'll wait a coupple of months.

Fun fact: Cortana is also releasing on iOS and Android. Not sure how that will work, but I saw it in Off-Topic with an official link.

Thanks.

What's wrong with some people? How is that in any way destroyed? lol
One of two things happened there:
  1. They scumbagged the enemy team instead of scoring that final bomb. He still got 43 kills though, so "destroyed."
  2. They couldn't score that final bomb against 2 players, so "destroyed."
Can't say I disagree after witnessing the evidence laid in front of me.
I will never understand how anyone can get enjoyment out of doing that, spending 12+ mins killing the same hopeless team over and over instead of just finishing the game.
The worst.

1. They scumbagged the enemy team instead of scoring that final bomb. He still got 43 kills though, so rekt.
  2. They couldn't score that final bomb against 2 players, so rekt.
Can't say I disagree with the evidence laid in front of me.
I will never understand how anyone can get enjoyment out of doing that, spending 12+ mins killing the same hopeless team over and over instead of just finishing the game.

Wrong on both counts. We basically just sat around while they toggle-
FUNKNOWN
crouched their way around. Gets real old having games end in 30 seconds because skill matching is a joke. I'd rather spend my time screwing around with friends than waiting for another game, only for idiots to quit and ruin it again. And those dudes never left either, they helped to continuously contest the bomb.

One dude did have a knack for melee-cancel flying though.

Akai__

1. They scumbagged the enemy team instead of scoring that final bomb. He still got 43 kills though, so rekt.
  2. They couldn't score that final bomb against 2 players, so rekt.
The worst.

3. He out BR'd YourExWife and thinks it takes some crazy skill to do so. :p

I was never a fan of objective holding either. I always show mercy and score the objective, when I have the chance to.

Overdoziz

Banned
If you locked on to someone, that thing could kill anyone.
Except that against any decent team you would get knocked out of the scope before you even had the chance to lock onto people and if you did somehow manage to get a shot off they would just thrust out of the projectile's way. Gun was worthless in the beta and nobody picked it up.

-Ryn

Banned
  1. They scumbagged the enemy team instead of scoring that final bomb. He still got 43 kills though, so "destroyed."
  2. They couldn't score that final bomb against 2 players, so "destroyed."
The worst.
Good sportsmanship is dad

3. He out BR'd YourExWife and thinks it takes some crazy skill to do so. :p

I was never a fan of objective holding either. I always show mercy and score the objective, when I have the chance to.
I remember a team of mics I got matched with one time screaming at me because I scored the final flag instead of letting them continue killing the other team

jem0208

Jem, I honestly can't believe you over looked weapon balancing as one of the reasons for reloading in Halo.

JEM WHAT ARE YOU DOING

JEM

It was like 1am and I had been working for hours... My brain just thought reloading was a bad idea.

Except that against any decent team you would get knocked out of the scope before you even had the chance to lock onto people and if you did somehow manage to get a shot off they would just thrust out of the projectile's way. Gun was worthless in the beta and nobody picked it up.
Seriously though, that's like saying you don't have enough time to zoom in with the sniper to get kills. The Hydra locked in in a tiny amount of time, like less than half a second. Once you're locked on, you can knocked out of zoom or whatever, you remain locked on regardless. Then all you do is shoot twice in the air and you're almost guaranteed a kill.

You could be across the map hiding in a cubby hole and lock onto someone whilst they sprinted a tiny gap and you'd be guaranteed the kill. When I figured out how to use it I was getting 5-6 kills guaranteed every time I picked it up.

It was OP if anything, so damn easy to destroy people with.

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/game...eez&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

If you watch that there are times where he can't even see the other player and it still locks on.

The only reason it got a bad rep was because no one knew how to use it.

Madness

Yeah this was true. I definitely noticed as matches went on, the Hydra wasn't contested nearly as often as say snipers or rockets were. The thing was weak and often a hindrance even on the bronze/silver levels. I'm not saying I wouldn't pick it up if I could, but more often than not, who cares if it respawned.

-Ryn

Banned
Yeah this was true. I definitely noticed as matches went on, the Hydra wasn't contested nearly as often as say snipers or rockets were. The thing was weak and often a hindrance even on the bronze/silver levels. I'm not saying I wouldn't pick it up if I could, but more often than not, who cares if it respawned.
"Hydra's up!"

"Guys?"

"Hello?"

"Is anyone going to grab this thing!?"

...Noooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom