• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Quad view can be nice but I don't think it's ideal. The game to a certain degree should know whats going on in the match. It should alert the player to a double and potential multi kill. It should have weapon timers. It should show players statistics like hit % in real time. Let the spectator easily switch views.

FyreWulff

Peasants.

In all seriousness, I'd imagine the overwhelming majority of them are kids. Me and my friends used to play PD on a 20 inch TV split 4 ways for like 14 hours straight when we were young. You do dumb stuff when you're that age.

This is why PDXBLA is awesome. It runs 60fps, 1080p native. Each quadrant has the about the equivalent resolution of a single screen CoD player.

Of course, this doesn't rule out the possibility that one site or outlet might get the world exclusive. Would be sweet if that outlet was Waypoint.

This is what I am thinking/hoping. I guess it all depends on what they plan to show off at the spring showcase, and whether or not its a full on gameplay blowout or if its just a trailer, media share. If it is raw gameplay I bet/hope we get something before it.

Time will tell I suppose, but I am hoping for something before the end of the month.

This is why PDXBLA is awesome. It runs 60fps, 1080p native. Each quadrant has the about the equivalent resolution of a single screen CoD player.
I agree, PDXBLA looks fantastic, but we cant expect that level of resolution and IQ with 60fps while still getting a graphically complex game this generation. We can dream of what NeXtbox visuals may be capable of though, no matter how much Kinect ends up screwing the budget for a powerful system.

zap

Isn't the reason that there is no first person view in theater modes because of the way the netcode works, you don't have a smooth copy of the reticule of other players and so if you were to view it, it would be jumpy and inaccurate to what actually happened?

I don't think that a spectator mode would work, at least from a first person perspective. I could imagine that if there was a spectator mode you could be the monitor flying around, ala theater mode currently.

FyreWulff

Isn't the reason that there is no first person view in theater modes because of the way the netcode works, you don't have a smooth copy of the reticule of other players and so if you were to view it, it would be jumpy and inaccurate to what actually happened?

I don't think that a spectator mode would work, at least from a first person perspective. I could imagine that if there was a spectator mode you could be the monitor flying around, ala theater mode currently.

Basically. Everyone's view on your screen is an approximation of where they were facing, and they'll be laggier the farther away they are from you, since 3 (and I assume Reach) lowers the update rate for people that are far away. Too jerky to try doing first person.

agree, PDXBLA looks fantastic, but we cant expect that level of resolution and IQ with 60fps while still getting a graphically complex game this generation. We can dream of what NeXtbox visuals may be capable of though, no matter how much Kinect ends up screwing the budget for a powerful system.

True, they were able to do 60fps/1080p native for a reason. But PD is still my #1 FPS so I don't mind the lower IQ compared to Halo/Gears, but it still looks pretty solid graphically. Still some of the best reload animations. Testament to art direction over polygons.

feel

Wishes of Halo 4 running at 60FPS =
ibvBaiBvPappw9.gif

Pray it runs at 30fps locked with clean IQ, things the previous Halo failed hard at.

Kuroyume

Banned
It won't even run at a stable 30 fps... And, no it hasn't nothing to do with the 360. If it were to be on the next XBOX it would be the same thing.

It won't even run at a stable 30 fps... And, no it hasn't nothing to do with the 360. If it were to be on the next XBOX it would be the same thing.

Are you going to state your reasoning, or do you claim to be some prophet of game development, maybe some sort of spy who has seen the game and the next? I'm amazed how you seem to know how a developer works, especially one which is relatively new.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't know about you guys but I hope they lower the framerate to 24fps to make it as cinematic as possible. Think of all the free blur you get at that framerate with movies.

I don't know about you guys but I hope they lower the framerate to 24fps to make it as cinematic as possible. Think of all the free blur you get at that framerate with movies.
True, anything over 24 just looks cheap. :lol

Also, Blurays don't have any quality improvement over DVDs, dont believe the hype, etc.

Holy shit The Woman in Black is piss-inducing scary. That's all, really.

No kidding!!! I was at this funeral last month and this smoking hot blonde wearing nothing but a black dress comes up to me and says hi, long story short... oh...you meant the movie.

As for Halo features: Spectator mode is great but I agree with juices that we need a laser-focus on gameplay for this Halo. Give us one new "party piece" for 4 and save all the new weird stuff for 5.

Kuroyume

Banned
Are you going to state your reasoning, or do you claim to be some prophet of game development, maybe some sort of spy who has seen the game and the next? I'm amazed how you seem to know how a developer works, especially one which is relatively new.

I think something crawled into your butthole.

GhaleonEB

My response to this month's playlist update was to once again hit Ctl+f, 'firefight', and close the window sad.

The day Firefight gets updated (at long last), I'll go back to playing it. I simply don't understand why they so completely and totally abandoned the mode. No updates in six months. :\

blamite

Split-screen must remain for the rest of the trilogy. Cut it to 2 players only if you must, but it absolutely has to be there in some form.

senador

Banned
I also vote no split screen in matchmaking. Maybe 1 dedicated playlist for it. Too many sacrifices have to be made to support people that DIDN'T EVEN BUY THE GAME, meanwhile those of us did are hurt by it. The biggest problem for me is playing with so many damn guests. Its just not fun.

Ramirez

My response to this month's playlist update was to once again hit Ctl+f, 'firefight', and close the window sad.

The day Firefight gets updated (at long last), I'll go back to playing it. I simply don't understand why they so completely and totally abandoned the mode. No updates in six months. :\

I wonder if 343 has the balls to abandon FF in it's current shooting gallery setting? I'd love to see a co-op gametype like L4D, but I've already said this before...

Small bite sized levels where you're constantly moving forward trying to escape or do a mission with Covenant constantly coming at you, would be so much better than FF if done properly.

Zoolader

Campaign? sure...I guess

MP? Get your own fucking copy.

Is what I say.

That will be the death of Halo lan parties and friends actually getting together to play, which has been a huge tradition since Halo 1... that idea of yours makes me wanna roll over and die.

That will be the death of Halo lan parties and friends actually getting together to play, which has been a huge tradition since Halo 1... that idea of yours makes me wanna roll over and die.

Don't worry it won't happen.

I doubt 343 is going to make it a habit of removing features from previous Halo games. You simply don't do that in a AAA franchise, even if it may actually be beneficial to the majority of players.

I do hope that people are not actually serious about hoping for 60 FPS for Halo 4. Not realistic at all, as there are not about to decide to down res the game/start putting in awfully low res textures to achieve 60 FPS.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Matches people all across the US and one guy in Canada with Mexico.

Results:
laggy
midgame "host switch" spawn and score is 73 to 44

...Wonderful.

I wonder if 343 has the balls to abandon FF in it's current shooting gallery setting? I'd love to see a co-op gametype like L4D, but I've already said this before...

Small bite sized levels where you're constantly moving forward trying to escape or do a mission with Covenant constantly coming at you, would be so much better than FF if done properly.
A lot of people asked for a objective-like Firefight setting. I'd prefer to see a second variant of a FF map that is bigger than the normal map. The players have to defend specific places(like defend the Pelican) or attack aggressively a enemy hold-out(like destroy the relay) to get special drops. Or they just could hide and get nothing.

I legitimately think firefight is perfect right now.

I really do miss ODST's firefight though.

Double Bloom And spread when it isn't

Also, every 5 shots forces armor lock and deploys a re-gen bubble shield that shoots spartan lasers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom