• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Pic Avatar:
washington_dongumentjpg.jpg

Tence in the Real Pic thread made it the greatest avy on the net.

Wow your new avatar just made me realize what your old avatar was.

You are a genius.

Holy shit, is that what that was? Wow that's bad. I saw it on my Twitter feed so I joined in. hahaha

Did you talk to them rofl?

ElRenoRaven

Holy shit, is that what that was? Wow that's bad. I saw it on my Twitter feed so I joined in. hahaha

Yea. Probably family aka kids of theirs in there and tinychat is now annoying and pops up a window for you to tweet or facebook that you're chatting. They probably hit to post that by accident instead of closing the window.

Does anyone here share the opinion that Snowbound was one of the best Halo 3 maps?

Seriously, I'm not sure why it got so much hate.

It had a great environment, cool flanking outside, and super intense CQC. What's not to love?

And no side to me felt like an advantage, while being different enough in their own right.

Does anyone here share the opinion that Snowbound was one of the best Halo 3 maps?

It had a great environment, cool flanking outside, and super intense CQC. What's not to love?

And no side to me felt like an advantage, while being different enough in their own right.

For your own sake, say that you were joking, even if you weren't, but you were so its cool.

Karl2177

It had its issues. Shield doors were the primary one. Especially when coupled with CQC weapons. There wasn't a whole lot of flanking outside, because it was wide open save for a few cylinders. If you went rock route, you were probably walking into the other team's spawn. Then there's the room of doom that was grenade hell, particularly on Unbound or whatever it was called. One team got laser while the other got Beam Rifle, and they didn't fix that until a few months after ship. The Ghost wasn't in a tactical position and didn't change the map flow that much, because a lot of combat took place in the room of doom and the adjoining hallways.

It did have a neat environment, but Avalanche nailed the snowy feel even better. Are those good enough points to counter why it gets the hate it does?

Tawpgun

I'm surprised they never made a Snowbound variant with the bottom blocked off all together. Have a power area be above mongoose spawn with baricades for cover and another power area on top of the big shield door.

Whoa...pro-Snowbound sentiment? Has to be a troll.

That map needed 30% more work devoted to making the underground section larger and giving it more routes for players to take into/out of room of death.

Also: why put a ghost on it and make it so difficult to take the ghost underground for sweet hijinks? Ghost beats shotgun.

Edit: Agreed that it is better than almost all Reach maps.

CyReN

Snowbound was a very nice looking map, but turrets and shield doors ruined it for me. Had a lot of fun with Team Snipers and Swat though.

Boundless is still better than almost every Reach map* though. Depressing.

* not including remakes

Truth.

Overdoziz

Banned
Powerhouse, Zealot, Countdown and Boardwalk are all better than Snowbound. Reach may have shitty maps but please let's not forget the poop that Halo 3 produced.

PNut

Banned
Reach TS is a mess now. Only 2 voting options and one is vanilla and the other TU. This is the plan to decide to bring TU to TS? Of course people are going to vote TU DMR's on Asylum over regular Slayer DMR's on Solitary. Lol, it makes no sense anymore. TS was fine the way it was. Minus AL and sword block.

Havok

Powerhouse, Zealot, Countdown and Boardwalk are all better than Snowbound. Reach may have shitty maps but please let's not forget the poop that Halo 3 produced.
Do people actually like Boardwalk? I loathe that map. The horrendous flag and bomb arm point placement ruins any ounce of enjoyment I might get out of it. Also, those stupid leaves flying in the wind.

feel

boardwalk and powerhouse are considered good maps now?? frankie save us

edit- well you didn't say they were good but still

edit2-

VVV noone is saying that snowbound is better than any Reach map

Yeah seriously, I think that Boardwalk is atrocious, but saying that Snowbound is better than any map in Reach is crazy. Halo 3 have some very good maps unlike Reach, but Halo 3's bad maps were pretty fucking awful, they just looked prettier because not all the maps in the game were forge maps.

Speaking of which, just played Enclosed in TS. How the hell did that get into MM? It's terrible.

blamite

I just noticed that playlists now indicate whether they've been Title Updated on the selection screen, right under the team and party size info. Nice touch! I'm pretty sure this is something I suggested last month, glad to see it was used. :D

Havok

Why the hell are there shotguns under each base in TU beaver creek?
Why are there enough power weapons on the map so that all but one person in the match could have one at the same time? For your consideration, Certain Affinity presents: Highlands 2.0.

Why the hell are there shotguns under each base in TU beaver creek?

343 and Bungie love to place weapons in bad spots. Its very easy to grab a shotgun and camp a base so Bungie and 343 probably had fun doing that.

As far as I know Halo CE never had shotguns on Beaver Creek and in Halo 2 they were back by teleporter at least you had to go outside in Halo 2 to go get one if you wanted to camp in the base.

They are constantly doing this too, see Ridgeline a huge ass map. Yet they give you shotgun to camp a base and kill people who then have to spawn like 30 seconds away from your base.

Then theres the whole power weapon galore of Highlands. Which makes it practically a cakewalk to defend your flag.

Power weapons have to be out in the middle to be fought over and WON. Whats out in the middle of Highlands? A Propipe? Wow thatll shift the game.

Tawpgun

Reach TS is a mess now. Only 2 voting options and one is vanilla and the other TU. This is the plan to decide to bring TU to TS? Of course people are going to vote TU DMR's on Asylum over regular Slayer DMR's on Solitary. Lol, it makes no sense anymore. TS was fine the way it was. Minus AL and sword block.

It's sort of diminishing to the results that the maps vary between the two options. But I feel that because they get a metric fuckton of data over 2 weeks or so it doesn't really matter. If TU vs Vanilla is close it matters but I think if its close, regardless of who wins, TU is staying out of Team Slayer. It has to be a clear victory for TU in order to get in.

Havok

As far as I know Halo CE never had shotguns on Beaver Creek and in Halo 2 they were back by teleporter at least you had to go outside in Halo 2 to go get one if you wanted to camp in the base.
Beaver Creek had a neutral shotty right beneath the rocket arch in the little alcove in the creek, the teleporters were home to a PP and SMG (I think). Your point still stands, though.

Striker

People forgetting how god awful Epitaph, Isolation, Snowbound, Construct, and Narrows with its creamy cow shit spawns were. And those were just the launch maps. Turrible.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
People forgetting how god awful Epitaph, Isolation, Snowbound, Construct, and Narrows with its creamy cow shit spawns were. And those were just the launch maps. Turrible.

uhh what?

Narrows and Construct are great maps. They got ruined by either Radar or Bungie fucking with the spawns post launch.

Epitaph was a good doubles level if you understood it. Very tricky. Lots of jump and good weapon timing progression between battling for Snipe OS/Invis and Rocks.

PNut

Banned
I have to disagree with this since Uncaged gets enough votes in like 2 seconds when it's an option.

Yeah, I've noticed this too. Especially in Swat and Snipers. I'm guessing it's Reach kids who've never played any of the past Halo games. Can't blame them though, they just don't know any better.

Epitaph was a good doubles level if you understood it. Very tricky. Lots of jump and good weapon timing progression between battling for Snipe OS/Invis and Rocks.

Yup, great TD's map. That's about all though. You can't play a game of MT in Halo 3 without Epitaph KOTH coming up now. Instant dashboard.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Narrows was awesome, but can could you get fucked if you played against a good team with a set up.

That's how it should be. Let the game reward a good team with a set up.

edit: ^^ yea bro, just saw that. Pretty awesome. Seems like Boss Nasti is gonna disappear for a while now that he doesn't have Naded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom