• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I can be Master Chief because....

Dare to be inspired.

Can someone please .gif the shit going on at around 1:45-1:50

Edit: Holy shit @ 3:51

lol

iODoKCeA95tUd.gif

PNut

Banned
With the wording in the splash screen being something like "We were overwhelmed by the response to the TU in Team Slayer," I don't really see a way that it doesn't go global at this point

My guess is that was sarcasm. TS was fine the way it was. Other than AL. The shit Forge World maps I adapted to.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Nexy looking for a writer to follow Halo 4 development and the tournament scene for HaloCouncil. Thinking about doing it. I could definitely write about Halo 4 development. That would be easy.

edit: Messaged him about it. If I do get the role of Halo 4 development writer, who can I look to for proof reading my articles? lol

Ramirez

Wouldn't putting the TU on top actually mean that Vanilla is getting voted for more often? The whole wording of "to make it fair as possible" implies to me that vanilla is getting voted for more maybe because it was the top option or something?

Wouldn't putting the TU on top actually mean that Vanilla is getting voted for more often? The whole wording of "to make it fair as possible" implies to me that vanilla is getting voted for more maybe because it was the top option or something?
They had planned to do 1 week of Vanilla at the top and 1 week of TU at the top before they even implemented the update. I don't think it's indicative of either side being ahead.

Havok

No, they're just giving equal time in the top slot to each gametype. Vanilla got it up 'til now, and the TU gets it the remainder of the voting period. That way they can tell whether people are just voting for the top option simply because it's at the top. Swapping them halfway through removes the choice-specialized primacy bias in the voting (or rather, makes it so the bias will be relatively evenly distributed between the two gametypes).

Unfortunately, there are some hiccups in the system they have set up. Elite Slayer being in the playlist during this voting process is going to negatively affect the accuracy of the vote, as will the instances when the maps are not the same for each gametype in a given voting screen.

My guess is that was sarcasm.
I very seriously doubt that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I just want to say major kudos to whoever designed Damnation(Penance) and Solitary(Prisoner) I've played some absolutely entertaining games in Anniversary FFA and I've been loving the multiple areas to attack, shoot and take cover from. Also Ridgeline(Timberland) > Blood Gulch+Hemo+Coag.

Tashi

Well, at least we had something in common.

Most Sanctuary games I've played in MLG usually end up with me getting spawn camped anyways.
Ya you either spawn rocks or courtyard. Sometimes flag, sometimes under turret and then you have splitting. All very predictable. Once a player gets into your snipe hut, it's a big deal.

But yea that was a bullshit game.

Ramirez

Dem incorrect sightlines that MLG refuses to fix!

Also, there was a reason that Sanc had dynamic slayer spawns in H2.

I guess it's fun if you're the one doing it, but yea, not something I vote for, because I'm never on that end.

The real question is what am I getting matched up against Tashi's team of 3 with 3 random people? I think one of them was a new account, so theoretically Tashi's trueskill in the MLG list should be astronomical compared to what he was pitted against.

Also, GDC is on the 6th, and that embargo supposedly ends on the 5th, think we'll get a GDC coming out party for Halo 4?

I guess it's fun if you're the one doing it, but yea, not something I vote for, because I'm never on that end.

The real question is what am I getting matched up against Tashi's team of 3 with 3 random people? I think one of them was a new account, so theoretically Tashi's trueskill in the MLG list should be astronomical compared to what he was pitted against.

Yeah the playlist is in desperate need of party restrictions. Anniversary Classic and Team Objective both have them.

Tashi

Also, GDC is on the 6th, and that embargo supposedly ends on the 5th, think we'll get a GDC coming out party for Halo 4?
Actually I think I was in a party of 4. I don't even know those kids, they just wanted to party up with me a few games before. But yea, anyway, I don't know what TrueSkill was thinking. Maybe its priority was to provide a lag free match over a competitive one? I'm guessing population had something to do with it. I shouldn't match against people who don't play MLG often like Ram and then Pros who are the best of the best. Makes no sense. It's clearly janky as fuck.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm replaying ODST, and damn, I love it so much.

I love the sense of danger the hub world offers. You're not sure what's around the next corner, let alone if you're going in the right direction. That gets tedious after a while, but for some reason that doesn't really bother me. The atmosphere and exploration are worth it.

And easily the best opening of any Halo game, minus the shitty dialogue.

Edit: Yeah, the dialogue is the only major complaint I have about this game. Otherwise 99% flawless.

Edit 2 : No radar is awesome in campaign.

I'm replaying ODST, and damn, I love it so much.

I love the sense of danger the hub world offers. You're not sure what's around the next corner, let alone if you're going in the right direction. That gets tedious after a while, but for some reason that doesn't really bother me. The atmosphere and exploration are worth it.

And easily the best opening of any Halo game, minus the shitty dialogue.

Edit: Yeah, the dialogue is the only major complaint I have about this game. Otherwise 99% flawless.

Edit 2 : No radar is awesome in campaign.

Yep, my favorite campaign after CE. I really enjoy urban levels though.

When presented with a choice that they don't understand, a large group of people will mash A on whatever the top option is. Anniversary Squad used to be above Anniversary Classic in the listing, and its population was much higher. They swapped them one week and the populations reversed. People are sheep. Also, the 'regular' playlists that are vanilla tend to be the iconic names that people know or that cater to a current trend in games - Team Slayer, Infection.

Its difficult to say how much influence the general, non-hardcore population should have on design. They've shown that they'll play whatever is put in front of them as long as it's Halo, but does that mean the developers should then try to make the game that the hardcore say they want?

Good post. It's why I often have contempt for those that claim 'casuals are the biggest demographic in Halo and they love AR's, beatdowns, mongeese, shotguns and a low skill gap; casuals are who the game should be made for'. This sort of argument is blown out the water when Anni Squad being moved below Anni Classic produced 1000's of new players who suddenly prefer three shot kill super pistols (in which the AR is useless) and no AA's!

I'm convinced that if you took the MLG playlist, changed its name to 'Team Slayer' and put it at the top of the playlist page, it would be the most played slayer list.

Something which I think would be cool is to have a 'video brochure' for each playlist. You could 'press x to view' whilst hovered over the list. The video brochure would visually guide you through all the distinguishing characteristics of that playlist. If it is an objective playlist then it would also include video examples of how long it takes to return the flag, number of rounds etc. In fact I would make this mandatory for the first time playing a playlist, with it switching to optional thereafter.

Looking good, 343 bring back fun games to Action Sack!

Shotty Snipers and Speedpile can go fuck themselves...

Edit: what are these two structures on the far left?

Sumo is not only the worst gametype I've ever played in Action Sack, it's one of the worst I've ever played in Halo period. No idea why Fyre would want to bring that back.

Action Sack should only be Boomball and Shotty Snipers!
With Dino Blasters in the third slot for the lulz.

It's definitely something we've been looking at, but as you've already guess it's slipped a little on the priority list for other MM concerns. If enough people ask for updates to FF, priorities can change. Not saying you should start a letting writing campaign, but definitely keep reminding us. Helps to keep us honest.

Reminder: Evade must die in spartan playlists. Thought I'd bring it up again what with the March MM update on the horizon. Thanks!

When is box art ever in-game?

Why are you assuming its box art? Frankie already said the Key Art is not public from Halo 4, that was a teaser image from HaloFest that got put on a box art for the sake of filling a blank space with something other than blackground with Halo 4 on it.

This can mean many things, but my hope is it does not mean we have the same kind of weight and inertia that has so hampered player movement in Reach. Not jumping to conclusions, just positing on the implications based on that wording. I hope it means something else.

Now this, on the other hand, is pure unf.

I wonder, under what circumstances would a Spartan toss his chest plate?
I'm reminded of the elevator scene in Aliens.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I like the new armor.....but its not the chief.... It seems like some other spartan....

feel

Nexy looking for a writer to follow Halo 4 development and the tournament scene for HaloCouncil. Thinking about doing it. I could definitely write about Halo 4 development. That would be easy.

edit: Messaged him about it. If I do get the role of Halo 4 development writer, who can I look to for proof reading my articles? lol

Make sure to expose your views on Bloom and Sprint to the MLG community within the first few days... popcorn.gif :p

Why are you assuming its box art? Frankie already said the Key Art is not public from Halo 4, that was a teaser image from HaloFest that got put on a box art for the sake of filling a blank space with something other than blackground with Halo 4 on it.
Huh, HaloFest? It was from the E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom