• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never do Living Dead on Sword Base again.

What the hell was that.

Retro

No one should ever willing do anything on Sword Base.

That was a damn good read, and a nice little treat with the short video. Man though, with all of these teases I just want to know how long til we can actually see something.
I have high hopes for the sound design of Halo 4.. Reach really expanded on the sound effects and I hope Halo 4 continues to take it further.

Yeah one of the first things I notice when I pop Halo 3 in is how much better Reach's weapon sounds are. Hopefully 4 continues the trend.

Risen

Cyren, I heard you enjoyed playing Grifball so I can't add you, sorry. No amount of MLG matches can make up for that.

HEY... the ONE time I pulled host playing one of my 5 games of griffball ever... I laughed so hard I peed a little. Maybe he's hosty...

Damn, I miss this style of armor for Elites.. I also miss the athletic look of the Halo 2 elites opposed the their more monstrous look in later games.-

HonorGuard01.jpg

Actually, looking at that image, the spear may make a cool new CQC weapon if they choose to make one. The main thing would be incorporating the range while balancing its power, but I could see it having cool possibilities.

Charge!

Yeah one of the first things I notice when I pop Halo 3 in is how much better Reach's weapon sounds are. Hopefully 4 continues the trend.
Yup, I have high hopes TBH. My friend recently picked up BF3 and I am borrowing his SP disc and damn does this game sound good at times. I also just have been playing Crysis 360 and once again, the weapon sound design is aggressive and visceral. When bullets rain down it sounds like all hell is breaking loose.. I would love to see Halo bring the goods like that.

Yup, I have high hopes TBH. My friend recently picked up BF3 and I am borrowing his SP disc and damn does this game sound good at times. I also just have been playing Crysis 360 and once again, the weapon sound design is aggressive and visceral. When bullets rain down it sounds like all hell is breaking loose.. I would love to see Halo bring the goods like that.

Yeah, when I started that audio vid, I immediately thought of BF3.

lol that's awesome.

feel

Metal Gear Solid 4 has outstanding sound design. The guns sound so good. We're in for a treat.

actually, imma boot up the first chapter (middle east war) right now and put on my Astros+mixamp for some aural sex

****, I miss this style of armor for Elites.. I also miss the athletic look of the Halo 2 elites opposed the their more monstrous look in later games.-

Actually, looking at that image, the spear may make a cool new CQC weapon if they choose to make one. The main thing would be incorporating the range while balancing its power, but I could see it having cool possibilities.

Charge!

Yup, I have high hopes TBH. My friend recently picked up BF3 and I am borrowing his SP disc and **** does this game sound good at times. I also just have been playing Crysis 360 and once again, the weapon sound design is aggressive and visceral. When bullets rain down it sounds like all hell is breaking loose.. I would love to see Halo bring the goods like that.

Agreed on all points.

zap

Damn, I miss this style of armor for Elites.. I also miss the athletic look of the Halo 2 elites opposed the their more monstrous look in later games.-

Charge!

I totally agree re elites. I wasn't a huge fan of Reach's elite design.

I have high hopes for the sound and music for Halo 4. Who knows, maybe we will be able to adjust music and sound options in Halo 4 now that Marty isn't involved!!

789shadow

Banned
I totally agree re elites. I wasn't a huge fan of Reach's elite design.

I have high hopes for the sound and music for Halo 4. Who knows, maybe we will be able to adjust music and sound options in Halo 4 now that Marty isn't involved!!

I think they should tone down the headgear a bit. It's gotten a bit too big over time.

Metal Gear Solid 4 has outstanding sound design. The guns sound so good. We're in for a treat.

actually, imma boot up the first chapter (middle east war) right now and put on my Astros+mixamp for some aural sex

Its been a while since I played MGS4, so I may try again to get a taste. I really can't wait to hear this game in action. Well, first I'd like to see it, but you know. Whether or not Halo 4 introduces the level of chaos and destruction that battlefield has there is no reason why the game cannot sound as real, destructive. I can't wait.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I have a twitter now, I should have done this ages ago being a new media designer and all but I hate this crap. And now I have one. Fuck me.

https://twitter.com/#!/devolutional

Following. I expect tweets that make me laugh on a regular basis, please keep the whining about Halo and life in general to a minimum. Also, any good threads on GAF should be posted immediately and I expect to be made aware of a full TinyGAFChat party. Thanks and welcome to Twitter!

lol :p

Following. I expect tweets that make me laugh on a regular basis, please keep the whining about Halo and life in general to a minimum. Also, any good threads on GAF should be posted immediately and I expect to be made aware of a full TinyGAFChat party. Thanks and welcome to Twitter!

lol :p

I'll whine all I want about hilarious shit I see in SF.

Havok

1 more for relaxed matchmaking, no try hard shit.

Add: StalkerUKCG
I got your invite right as I turned off my xbox in disgust from getting stuck on Glacier in Score Attack and decided that trying for a good map wasn't worth it. I'll be hopping on again in a bit though.

ARTSES?

Yeah sure. Oh I can't post pics, is there like an account post limit or something before I'm allowed?

"Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Please refresh the page and try again."

Tawpgun

How i'd love a weapon with full auto and single/burst options. Best of both world worlds.

That'd be a great way to consolidate the AR and the BR into a single weapon. Full auto mode you get the same power, range, and spread of the current AR. Or you can switch to burst mode where ROF is limited and the bullets (for some fictional reason) do more damage each and are headshot capable.

Basically an AR that at the press of a button, turns into a BR.

Woorloog

Banned
That'd be a great way to consolidate the AR and the BR into a single weapon. Full auto mode you get the same power, range, and spread of the current AR. Or you can switch to burst mode where ROF is limited and the bullets (for some fictional reason) do more damage each and are headshot capable.

Basically an AR that at the press of a button, turns into a BR.

Burst mode would be good actually, that way the pistol would fulfil the single shot mid range weapon role. Any Covie/Forerunner/other counterpart for BAR (Battle-Assault Rifle) could be something different (Carbine, CQB/short range rabid fire single shot weapon? or a continuous laser beam?) or simply non-existent. (And if there's Plasma Rifle, it should be similar to its Halo CE iteration, with stun ability (and this being unique to the Plasma Rifle, the Plasma Pistol would have EMP))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom