• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

heckfu

Banned
Should we all make a gentlemans agreement about how long after the game has been released is long enough to quit using spoiler tags?

My favorite is when you type a title into Youtube, and it automatically brings up GEARS OF WAR 3 *insert character here*'s DEATH

like yeah, FUCK you, too, YouTube, sorry for asking

I only just beat Gears 3 over the Summer and was spoil-free with what happens to Carmine :D

Guess that was because I warned literally everyone I knew would who come in contact with Gears 3 to specifically not spoil what happens to Carmine or I would seriously kill them.

image.php

Something happens to Carmine?

YOU SEXY MAN YOU!

image.php

I only just beat Gears 3 over the Summer and was spoil-free with what happens to Carmine :D

Guess that was because I warned literally everyone I knew would who come in contact with Gears 3 to specifically not spoil what happens to Carmine or I would seriously kill them.

image.php

Something happens to Carmine?

YOU ASSHOLE!

Should we all make a gentlemans agreement about how long after the game has been released is long enough to quit using spoiler tags?

I'd say a month, so everyone who buys it during the launch window has plenty of time to finish it. Or maybe after the first couple of threads.

Omni

A month? That's what I've used on other boards. That gives people who are just casuals (and those who mightn't pick it up on release) four weeks to play through it.

GhaleonEB

One game type per hopper. Nice. (Also, called it.)

Which probably means, BTB is Slayer, and Dominion is the stand-alone objective BTB game.

Actually, all already know they fate of carmine since they announced "Save Camine" shirts won the votes way before the game release.

feel

Slayer Pro doesn't sound... fun.
Sounds way more fun to me than Infinity. No jetpacks rendering sightlines, paths and map design irrelevant, no people seeing through walls, no people crouching around because of radar, being able to predict opponent's moves (the base of any good game) because he spawned with practically the same tools and capabilities as you, no camo shenanigans..... and so much more stuff. I think it moved while I typed this, so happy about this playlist!! Now if only it didn't have Sprint.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
yeah I'm confused? The download is big, most of the posts I read aren't even done downloading, how are there already videos

Simple explanation time. Game leaked a days ago to a small bunch of folks - looking it it came from Mexico, maybe a leak in the production/distribution chain.

A very small number of people had the game, no torrents, no links, just some photo's and quick youtube videos.

Today, it seems someone uploaded it to major file hosting websites, maybe even torrents. People are currently downloading the game and saying they will provide videos shortly.

I imagine every single link online is being hounded by Microsoft and the authorities. David Ellis mentioned here if you see any of these links then he's be interested in them via PM.

There are no major spoiler videos or pictures or information out in the wild yet, but this is the final warning because, inevitably, there will be and soon. Maybe in a few hours or days. But it's happening.

Microsoft appear to be watching all of this very carefully and are working with law enforcement agencies on the leaks.

Gray Man

Banned
Sounds way more fun to me than Infinity. No jetpacks rendering sightlines, paths and map design irrelevant, no people seeing through walls, no people crouching around because of radar, being able to predict opponent's moves (the base of any good game) because he spawned with the same practically the same tools and capabilities as you, no camo sniping..... and so much more stuff. I think it moved while I typed this, so happy about this playlist!! Now if only it didn't have Sprint.

Wait the gif moved when you typed that? I'm dying lol.

I know what you mean, I'm just excited to try the other Halo 4 experiences first. I hope there is a "Pro" playlist that includes more of Halo 4 new features.

EDIT: Why are they keeping that thread open on gaming side? I'm not going anywhere near it...

Gray Man

Banned
In Light of all this Leaked Spoiler Nonsense.
I give you... Tiger "Stinkles" Wood! Lttp: Happy Birthday Frankie!! :DD
421337_358035274287783_1137219988_n.jpg

WOAH, guys, what if "Frankie the Janitor" actually has a roll in this movie. Like he gives Lasky some really great advice. Like "Never give up son" I hope this happens. So much.

Simple explanation time. Game leaked a days ago to a small bunch of folks - looking it it came from Mexico, maybe a leak in the production/distribution chain.

The Latin American Halos are produced in Mexico so yeah, maybe I will go to the Street Market tomorrow and see Halo 4 copies at 1 Dollar.

bunnsize

Neo Member
A bit late, but I would like to voice my thanks to Domino and Hyper for helping me gain some 5+ pounds these past 2 days with all the endless chocolate. Really guys, thanks a lot.

Also, the title is dedicated to Duncan for teaching me how it's used. <3

One thing from the video I don't think got mentioned is how they talk about 5v5 Oddball, and how that's been balanced with all the throwing back and forward between teammates. If every playlist only has one gametype, I'm gonna assume Oddball is a team-game only, not a FFA favorite that's it been in the past. Same thing with KotH, surely.

Is FFA just regicide now or something? LOL FFA

JackHerer

Really enjoyed this Dominion video from Bravo, hadn't seen it yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJJYtqqsiqs&list=UUq7AJTe2LVeTN_vanfZ5bkw&index=6&feature=plcp

can't wait to play this new mode with some coordinated teams.

I went back to NYCC today and played 1 game of Dominion on Longbow. Line was very long. I waited over an hour to play.

It was really hard to get a feel from just one game. It seemed like it could be pretty fun but it may suffer from the same problem as Infinity Slayer: too many power weapons in play. Every resupply sees more power weapons being dropped into the map by each base. With 3 seperate bases, that could be alot of Rockets/Railguns/Lasers etc.

I think it will turn into Halo 4s invasion. It depends on your opinion whether that is a good or a bad thing. I personally disliked invasion.

It's probably a bit better than invasion actually but I don't see it being a hugely competitive fan favorite or anything. Keep in mind I only played one game so I could be totally wrong.

I am interested in hearing more about the "Extraction" gametype that is mentioned in the leakers AMA.

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
After watching the video interview of Kevin Franklin sounds like they spent way too much time designing the ordinance system which is replacing the set timers of weapon spawns, when that system was not broken to begin with. If they had spent half that time coming up with a way to fix competitive ranks to work properly, I believe that would have brought back a lot of the people that stopped playing halo when Reach was released.

Also it better not take 2 years to reach SR130, I have played Reach since it came out so almost 2 years consistantly only matchmaking hardly any firefight and I am barely a Nova. You could reach COD prestige 10 in 6 months, while i don't think thats long enough, 2 yrs is retarded long to get to the top way too much grinding.

Now all we need for the Pro playlist is a 3sk BR, 4sk DMR, H3 Beta Carbine, 4sk LR unscope/3sk scope because faster movement speeds on top of Sprint sounds fantabulous but faster kill times should match a faster mode ;]

Hopefully this playlist is extremely popular though and radar is removed from everything but modes with Personal Ordnance.... I can dream right?

feel

Friend that lives nearby just texted me saying that he saw Halo 4 being played in a game store at the mall.. You guys weren't kidding about these shit pirate discs being passed around all over the place already. :/

Top Bottom