• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Nando13

FUD3>>>>ALL

tumblr_mc4nn753Gp1qcr6c8o5_500.gif

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Wow. There really has to be something else more worthy of discussion than a trailer that has no bearings on the game itself.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Not really? We could go with a Gaf staple of bitching about how we have like no info on the armor shit from preorders and LE not getting helmets. Etc. Etc.

We're literally arguing over editing. I mean..Someone please..speculate about why chief killed the universe with one faulty sticky throw.

we could discuss that gameplay that im sure some of us saw that made infinity slayer look like a clusterfuck of randomness and power weapons and also discuss how 343 cranking up the default game size to 10 people is pretty much a slap in the face to everyone that doesn't want to play stupid random big team style games all the time

MrDaravon

we could discuss that gameplay that im sure some of us saw that made infinity slayer look like a clusterfuck of randomness and power weapons and also discuss how 343 cranking up the default game size to 10 people is pretty much a slap in the face to everyone that doesn't want to play stupid random big team style games all the time

You consider 5v5 to be a big team style game?

Woorloog

Banned
Eh, am i the only one who really liked Scanned?
Very good, very interesting. Don't remember about the music but i wasn't paying attention to that.

I'm going Game Fuel hunting tomorrow. I want it for the drink, not the codes, so I will likely be giving them away on here. So keep your eyes open if you're interested!

Well guys I couldn't find a single can of the illusive drink we call Game Fuel today. I will continue my search tomorrow, but jeez why is it so hard to find this stuff :'(

MrDaravon

the addition of sprint and the inflation of map size leads to more vehicles in addition to the extra players so yes it's more of a "big team" style game than traditional 4v4 halo.

Oh sure versus traditional Halo I could see that then. I just wasn't getting how adding one player to each team equaled BTB style gameplay, but in relation to previous games I guess I can see that. So are both Slayer Pro and Infinity Slayer 5v5 then? I guess I had assumed they were 4v4.

Well guys I couldn't find a single can of the illusive drink we call Game Fuel today. I will continue my search tomorrow, but jeez why is it so hard to find this stuff :'(

They posted on Facebook that it was only going out this past Monday, so it might take a bit. I know this only because I fell down a dark, dark Mtn Dew hole last night on the internet.

On the upside, it did lead to me discovering that they're putting out a malt-flavored Mtn Dew with regional names/cans. I love malt AND hate myself, so I'm sure it'll be great.

Woorloog

Banned
Whoever made this version with Revival, it is amazing, fits very, very well.
I think someone posted it just a page or two back, no?

EDIT the trailer is definetly better with Revival.

I hope Slayer PRO is 4v4. I dont want to touch iSlayer.

Oh sure versus traditional Halo I could see that then. I just wasn't getting how adding one player to each team equaled BTB style gameplay, but in relation to previous games I guess I can see that. So are both Slayer Pro and Infinity Slayer 5v5 then? I guess I had assumed they were 4v4.

pretty sure it's been confirmed that slayer pro is 4v4 yeah.

but c'mon you guys it's called "slayer pro" and if you think that the playlist will last beyond the first couple of playlist trimmings then you're delusional.

L1NETT

I agree with Gui, to an extent. That trailer lacked focus and pales in comparison to previous Halo live action ads.

It wasn't bad by a long stretch but HUGELY underwhelming.

Conversely, FUD episode 3 was fantastic, easily the best so far. Good work :)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I wonder if when Master Chief's past was being scanned if he saw the Halo 3 rank system.

Eh, I dont even wanna talk about the damn trailer. Imo it wasnt too spectacular. And i leave it at that.

We can do better than this. No reason to raise so many red flags just because of a trailer. Especially if you're an old school halo head. The trailer is and independent entity from the game. If you love it or hate it it still literally has no bearings on the actual game. Come on guys. This stuff should have no effect on you.

willow ve

Random spawns + instant spawns are going to lead to a lot of really shitty experiences for players. Oh, I'll just go back to my base to pickup the Mantis which I know should be spawning sometime soon. WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING HERE?!

Having teams spawn all over the map (at both bases, out in the middle, etc.) is bullshit I expect in a COD experience or FFA playlist - not in fucking Big Team.

Until you hit 200 matches? Are you already dead?

No, but his camera battery died.

MrDaravon

We can do better than this. No reason to raise so many red flags just because of a trailer. Especially if you're an old school halo head. The trailer is and independent entity from the game. If you love it or hate it it still literally has no bearings on the actual game. Come on guys. This stuff should have no effect on you.

I...agree? My post was just me being snarky about us needing a different topic to discuss, no more no less :p

nillapuddin

If you take a look of that video you can easily see how it can be utilized

didact part1&2 + protein knight battle = 1 minute

protein knight + 2nd didact bit = half minute

its not like they will be airing 2:30 commercials on tv on the regular

I expect very action orientated cuts to start appearing

Are you gonna crack down like this whenever anybody starts talking about the Halo fiction?

How about FUD? That's a completely separate entity from the game as well. Better stop talking about that stuff, too.

Random spawns + instant spawns are going to lead to a lot of really shitty experiences for players. Oh, I'll just go back to my base to pickup the Mantis which I know should be spawning sometime soon. WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING HERE?!

Having teams spawn all over the map (at both bases, out in the middle, etc.) is bullshit I expect in a COD experience or FFA playlist - not in fucking Big Team.

yeah pretty much. I was hoping that kind of BS would be self contained but it seems to be the experience that 343 wants to be dominant.

I'd rather play something akin to traditional halo in customs than deal with gimmicks.

yeah, same, but with the reveal that sprint can't be disabled I think we can all just prepare to say goodbye to traditional Halo.

yeah pretty much. I was hoping that kind of BS would be self contained but it seems to be the experience that 343 wants to be dominant.

yeah, same, but with the reveal that sprint can't be disabled I think we can all just prepare to say goodbye to traditional Halo.

Halo Reach 2 is still halo. It has halo in the name! C'mon man, troll harder.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Are you gonna crack down like this whenever anybody starts talking about the Halo fiction?

How about FUD? That's a completely separate entity from the game as well. Better stop talking about that stuff, too.

I wasnt aware i was cracking down? I was just saying there are honestly better things to place your attention to.

willow ve

One of the HaloGAF videos from NYCC (before the embargo was imposed) showed either 4v4 or 8v8 on Ragnarok. It was annoying to watch teams push, gain map control, and then have the other team just randomly spawn all around the map. Instant flanking or instant spawn behind is does not "feel like Halo."

Maybe that was just the build they were playing, but it was the first thing that I picked up on in the video that was radically different from Halo titles.

Infinity Slayer is the new traditional Halo

It is true. And it is heartbreaking. Halo is dead, long live shadowrun Halo!

Top Bottom