• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Moa

Why, because you want to drop it?

Don't worry, I'll be right behind you.

jOy8HErIonLMs.jpg

Yeaaaa someone already used that meme like 20 posts ago.

That was the point :)

Booties

Banned
Yeaaaa someone already used that meme like 20 posts ago

Use a Google Doc to make a from for people to sign up on. I have one atm if anyone's interested.

Playing for win/loss points is fine and all but you should limit it to like 5 league games a week at most or something. What's to stop the same 3 or 4 teams continuously playing each other for points?

You could make a schedule and a deadline for amount of games played too.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
hell yeah.

It would be cool. Make a team, challenge other teams on your own time, we'll have an official google spreadsheet for standings or something, throw it in the OT every new thread.

I think a set schedule would work better. Otherwise you'll have people who are the most active rather than the best hitting the top of the leader boards. Also, people are not going to challenge others like you think.

EDIT: Yeah it really isnt worth it. Sorry for the wasted post. Didnt mean to make it seem like I was posting on the tourney discussion.

As far as a tourney goes, who organised the community wide tourney that ran a while back? We need to draft that person in again for Halo 4 - I didnt touch it because it was Reach, but it seemed like that generated a whole lot of buzz across a fair few sites. Would be amazing if that happened again post Halo 4.

It is if somebody else does it and you just show up every now and then. It's better to do this sooner than in a few months when less people will be playing.

Sorry I wasn't commenting on the current conversation or state of the thread - I just insulted Elzar and then realized it wasnt worth it.

I think a tournament can work, but we need whoever organised the community wide tourney a while back, whoever did that did a great job.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Did I read it incorrectly, or is Halo 4 going to have a co-op campaign that's constantly going to have missions added to it weekly? That and the campaign are what have me most excited. i've always enjoyed Halo campaign co-op at Legendary, but a constantly updating co-op side campaign could me coming back to the game for a long time.

MrBig

Did I read it incorrectly, or is Halo 4 going to have a co-op campaign that's constantly going to have missions added to it weekly? That and the campaign are what have me most excited. i've always enjoyed Halo campaign co-op at Legendary, but a constantly updating co-op side campaign could me coming back to the game for a long time.

Yep. Spartan Ops. Includes a CG short for each week's episode of 5 missions. 10 episodes/weeks with 5 10~15 minute missions for about a full campaign's worth of content, with the possibility of more seasons.

Sai-kun

Banned
Norin&Rad man. It's great. FYI when the remix album goes on Spotify, we're totes throwing half of it on the mega-playlist.

Yeah, their remix is super super awesome. Can't wait to be able to listen to the whole thing. I hope the whole OST + remix album goes up on Spotify, not just the original.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yep. Spartan Ops. Includes a CG short for each week's episode of 5 missions.

I knew Spartan Ops existed, but I'm blown away that it's going to be consistently updated. Is the campaign still going to be 4 player?

Yup, Spartan Ops. Definitely the greatest addition to the franchise IMO. The potential is limitless! I can see the format and cohesion becoming an industry standard..

And yeah, 4 player co-op.

If someone does decide to pop in and drop a spoiler in the thread, can someone who gets spoiled request a mod remove the spoiler, or throw up a warning in the thread title or something?

Also - cant Microsoft ban people who publically post spoilers on the grounds that they have pirated the game. Microsoft is already banning anyone who posts videos of the game for the fact they potentially pirated the game. Would be very much the same thing... if someone is able to spoil the game, its too hard to tell if they are a legit customer or not, so just ban them. :)

Moa

Microsoft just got my channel shut down, I'm willing to bet they wouldn't have cared if I posted the Soundtrack up in a few hours when it is midnight in Washington.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
If someone does decide to pop in and drop a spoiler in the thread, can someone who gets spoiled request a mod remove the spoiler, or throw up a warning in the thread title or something?

Also - cant Microsoft ban people who publically post spoilers on the grounds that they have pirated the game. Microsoft is already banning anyone who posts videos of the game for the fact they potentially pirated the game. Would be very much the same thing... if someone is able to spoil the game, its too hard to tell if they are a legit customer or not, so just ban them. :)

Microsoft have the right to ban you at any time for no reason at all if they want. Not likely, but they have that right.

Microsoft just got my channel shut down, I'm willing to bet they wouldn't have cared if I posted the Soundtrack up in a few hours when it is midnight in Washington.

Didn't you post up the full OST?

ElRenoRaven

I'm shocked it took that long to be honest. You had the entire soundtrack posted. That being copyrighted material and all is a pretty strong reason to get the channel shut down.

Akai__

This is something I was wondering lately... Do the discs have a serial number itself? I remember reading something about that or maybe I'm mixing things up.

If game discs have a seperate serial number, them it shouldn't be not a problem to tell, which game is a pirated copy and which isn't.

Moa

I'm shocked it took that long to be honest. You had the entire soundtrack posted. That being copyrighted material and all is a pretty strong reason to get the channel shut down.

I just don't understand why the full Halo CE, Anniversary, Wars, 2, 3 & ODST soundtracks can stay up for years?

Am I missing some sort of copyright rule here?

The soundtrack came out just short of three hours ago.

Microsoft have the right to ban you at any time for no reason at all if they want. Not likely, but they have that right.

Hopefully Microsoft are in a position to draw together the data of the people posting spoilers then. I mean if that SpoilHaloGaf handle got banned already... then Microsoft and Twitter could have some kind of relationship. I hope something is going down behind the scenes and that Microsoft aren't just being weak.

I think the fact that there are people out there doing this is funny enough though, I somehow take solace in the fact that even though over the last 2 weeks many people will have been spoiled, that they have only had one shitty half hour lol. Imagine the hours the leakers have wasted doing this. Its kind of satisfying to think that in a few weeks it wont have mattered for most of HaloGaf... but those people are going to carry on living crappy lives lol.

Moa

Why the hell are you complaining that you pirated (copied and distributed) their full product then?

Not complaining, more confused if anything, I mean, I get the copyright stuff, but the fact I've had all the previews up on there, and the full Awakening, To Galaxy, Nemesis & Desecration on there for about a week now.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I just don't understand why the full Halo CE, Anniversary, Wars, 2, 3 & ODST soundtracks can stay up for years?

Dude. Just stop.

If you don't understand it, us trying to explain it won't help. It's pretty simple. You stole shit and distributed it. As soon as it came out. Got caught and shut down. End of story.

Right now the legal team are trigger happy on the eve of their biggest release of the year.

Apart from copyright bullshit, I think you're being naive to think that you can compare the OST for a yet-to-be-released Halo game to older games. Microsoft's fucking eye is fixed on the internet right now, man. Like Sauron. If you upload that again in six months, Microsoft won't give a shit. Until then, why the hell are you surprised?

Moa

Dude. Just stop.

If you don't understand it, us trying to explain it won't help. It's pretty simple. You stole shit and distributed it. As soon as it came out. Got caught and shut down. End of story.

Wait, are you thinking I didn't buy the Soundtrack?

I did.

Not saying that excuses anything but...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Wait, are you thinking I didn't buy the Soundtrack?

I did.

Not saying that excuses anything but...

Dude, look at this way. If you buy Halo 4 on November 6th and then upload it to a file sharing site, would you be surprised if you got shut down?

It's the same thing. You pirate stuff. You get shut down. You don't complain because other pirates haven't been shut down.

Moa

Dude, look at this way. If you buy Halo 4 on November 6th and then upload it to a file sharing site, would you be surprised if you got shut down?

I wouldn't be surprised no, but the fact that the all the other Halo Soundtracks are still chilling on YouTube and have been for years while they could be purchased by a person instead is just messed up.

Regardless, I should have stuck with my gut feeling earlier and not uploaded them.

Moa

Moa, what the fuck? How ignorant can you be?

Very, depending on the situation, my only question is, how come there are tracks like Awakening which to my knowledge, is only available to those who bought the Soundtrack right now, allowed to stay online, on YouTube, while the rest of the Soundtrack just gets taken offline in a heartbeat.

senador

Banned
Very, depending on the situation, my only question is, how come there are tracks like Awakening which to my knowledge, is only available to those who bought the Soundtrack right now, allowed to stay online, on YouTube, while the rest of the Soundtrack just gets taken offline in a heartbeat.

Does it matter?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Not surprised Talents got banned. Saying shit like that just won't fly. Hopefully he realizes why people are offended at that kind of language.

Very glad that spoiler Twitter account was shut down. I'm technically not spoiled yet!

Also, is Tashi doing the league? I had some ideas, but if he wants to do it, that works too.

Why all the jumping on Moa? He bought the soundtrack and uploaded it to a youtube channel just like all the other millions of youtube users do with music. I know it's easily possible to download from youtube, but he's not encouraging people to download it or anything, and he didn't steal it himself.

I understand the copyright reasons for taking it down and everything, and Moa has said he understands the situation too. Just relax. He did it, it got taken down. Move on.

Top Bottom