• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Set the schedule for every match. If the players can't make that match time it is up to the teams to work out a new game time. If they don't complete the scheduled match before their next scheduled match the game goes to coin toss.

If a single team goes to coin toss two times in a row (two weeks in a row) they are eliminated from all future matchups.

You can't set times for other people. You have to let them work it out themselves. I like the idea of giving the 2 teams a week to do their match and report back.

How exclusive is this league/tourney going to be? Sounds fun.

It's exclusive to HaloGAF at this point.

How exclusive is this league/tourney going to be? Sounds fun.

I'm thinking anyone who has posted in any previous Halo OT should suffice for now. We can see what works and then open it up to new people after that first league.

Aww man, I'd love to have this same system used by other communities too. At the end of a league, have a tournament consisting of the top few teams from each community. Could be amazing.

Smaller team sizes means easier scheduling and more matches to play. If we have so many people interested that the league would span too long, we could see how we handle 4v4.

JackHerer

Cool I can see this being pretty fun. It would be nice to set up a free-agent list at some point for people who are looking for a partner. Once all the details are worked out of course.

I wonder how many of the launch maps will actually be playable for 2v2 though. I only see Haven and Solace (and possibly Adrift) working at this point.

Tashi

When will this begin? What will the cutoff date be? Is someone in charge of the thread for it?

Anyone wanna be on my team? :)

A few weeks after Halo 4 is released. Date hasn't been scheduled yet and neither has the cutoff date.

I'll be doing the thread I guess.

Tashi, I just realised something. If we have a pool of maps/gametypes, we can give players the chance to veto one or two that they don't want in advance. I should be able to make a spreadsheet that can randomly pick from the remaining choices.

Tunavi

Banned
To jhferry on behalf of all of halogaf:

SiN92.gif

Tashi

Tashi, I just realised something. If we have a pool of maps/gametypes, we can give players the chance to veto one or two that they don't want in advance. I should be able to make a spreadsheet that can randomly pick from the remaining choices.

Mmmm, just like Starcraft does it. I like it.

I'm thinking (this is completely subject to change!)

Infinity Slayer Solace
Infinity Slayer Abandon
Infinity Slayer Haven
Infinity Slayer Relay
Slayer Pro Solace
Slayer Pro Abandon
Slayer Pro Haven
Slayer Pro Relay

Or I could remove 2 slayer pro gametypes to give a better chance for Infinity Slayer. It will be early in the game's lifecycle so maybe keeping radar is a good idea. That's TBD.

Not yet Rand0m

Tunavi

Banned
That's awesome. Really happy you guys and as you said all of Halogaf decided to totally shit on me for no reason. Thanks for that. You could have at least pm'd.
Post here a little more until we know you and like you. Especially during the great spoiler plaque going around right now.

if we let anyone in, then potentially zoojoo and talents could be in there ruining discussion.

fuck we really need to kick out starwolf.

Haha. What in the world is legacy?

Legacy controls put the look left and right and move forward and back on the left control stick, and the look up and down, and strafe left and right on the right control stick. Like Bond or Perfect dark controls.

Problem is when you go into any scope you then have to fucking use two sticks to aim. It's BS.

I can't wait until I can one day choose my control settings for each part of the game. Like a profile on the 360 that auto loads my default settings into any FPS for look, movement, shoot, melee, reload, ext why don't we have this?

JackHerer

Legacy controls put the look left and right and move forward and back on the left control stick, and the look up and down, and strafe left and right on the right control stick. Like Bond or Perfect dark controls.

Problem is when you go into any scope you then have to fucking use two sticks to aim. It's BS.

I can't wait until I can one day choose my control settings for each part of the game. Like a profile on the 360 that auto loads my default settings into any FPS for look, movement, shoot, melee, reload, ext why don't we have this?

Just thinking about using a control scheme like that is giving me a headache. Seems way less intuitive than having movement on one stick and looking/aiming on the other.

Top Bottom