• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
A vote is never meaningless.

Not entirely true. In Illinois, Chicago basically runs everything and Illinois (chicago) is definitely voting for Obama. Also, Illinois is historically ALWAYS Democratic, so votes here pretty much mean jack shit if you're going to vote republican.

Also, our votes take place on Nov 6th, but the Electoral college (the entity that actually elects the president) votes days later. And in some states they aren't obligated to vote the way the population did in the state they represent, although in most states they are.

I'm loving the Didact avatars.

Almost two weeks away, damn.

2 weeks from Tuesday BAAAAYBAAAAAY!

ReadyUpLive has good connection to 343i, their channel gets ton of views from the Halo Community, perfect target for a viral marketing. And you teased something too. So let me give their teasing an attention too.

I get the feeling they just copied us. :p

Really - that looks too good to just be amateur fun - interested in seeing what they have to show us.

Yeah, never bother though. The place is literally two minutes away from where I live.

Also, Obama has this state wrapped up. My vote is meaningless!

You do realize you're not just voting for president, right? There's Senate, House district, school boards, state House and state Senate, governorship (in some cases), and numerous local positions where candidates get their starts.

Your vote is never meaningless.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Portland is a most hipster Seattle, and without the MS and Amazon money.

Significant chance that I'll be moving to Portland next spring.
Hey, no need to flare up the old rivalry. :p I like Seattle, though my heart is in Portland.

And DUDE, that's awesome. You, me, Devo, and Timedog can all hang out, with occasional cameo appearances by Ghaleon. Or we could start a gamer house with the ideals of integrity and honor, like Boss Nasti.
lol

Sanjuro

You do realize you're not just voting for president, right? There's Senate, House district, school boards, and numerous local positions where candidates get their starts.

Your vote is never meaningless.

That's why I vote. I was just referring to the Presidential vote.

Its Official: Halo 3 had the best Gamefuel can.

Mw3 and halo 4 honestly have the same exact design, except they changed the MW3 player with the Chief.

Damn. Yeah thats pretty lazy. They should had MC and the Didact logo on the new can or something.. Him walking up to the Cryptum maybe.

hPoKK.png

xT4dG.png

91GFJ.png

IgJHj.png

tmcWN.png

JO99i.png

Damn! I just tried to make one of my own... Decisions..

Hey on Xbox Australia's facebook it says live-action 7 minute trailer [Coming Soon].

Don't know if this has been posted yet but I shall share it once again.

https://www.facebook.com/XboxAustralia/app_173457002791711

K4JS0.png

hmm.. I wonder if thats a typo.. if not, at least we know why the commercial seemed really choppy.

Just saw the live action commercial during the Giants/Redskins game.

How long did it run and what did it show?

It was posted by Louis Wu at HBO but it hadn't been discussed yet. ReadyUpLive uploaded a video for the #EvilAwakens Marketing. At the end you can see the #EvilAwakens changes to 05 for a quick moment. What does it mean? 5 Days to go? 5 ADs to find?

Hmmm.. Interesting. Looks like the marketing machine is revving up.

I was having such great matches of Reach yesterday. It was so much fun. Was playing Snipers on Breakpoint and I was just tearing up at the bottom of the map by those air vent silo things.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
That's why I vote. I was just referring to the Presidential vote.

Most people are when referencing "the vote" sometimes semantics gets thrown into the conversation though.

Not all votes are created equal and yes, some are pointless (in my opinion).

I wish it wasn't the case, but that's just how the system works.

Hey, no need to flare up the old rivalry. :p I like Seattle, though my heart is in Portland.

And DUDE, that's awesome. You, me, Devo, and Timedog can all hang out, with occasional cameo appearances by Ghaleon. Or we could start a gamer house with the ideals of integrity and honor, like Boss Nasti.
lol

Haha oh god.

I'd like to stay in Seattle, but looking a number of employment opportunities and there is a good one on the Portland area that I'll be flying down next month to discuss it with them.

Thanks for the avatar Wahrer Machine. It's temporary people, don't get used to it, will be back to Summer just being a badass pretty soon.

FyreWulff

Haha oh god.

I'd like to stay in Seattle, but looking a number of employment opportunities and there is a good one on the Portland area that I'll be flying down next month to discuss it with them.

Thanks for the avatar Wahrer Machine. It's temporary people, don't get used to it, will be back to Summer just being a badass pretty soon.

I've almost ended up in Portland like 4 times now, and each time the employment opportunity has fallen through or just evaporated. I will never get to see ninjas riding motorcycles.

I was having such great matches of Reach yesterday. It was so much fun. Was playing Snipers on Breakpoint and I was just tearing up at the bottom of the map by those air vent silo things.

Contrary to the popular opinion here, Reach does have the ability to have fun. The mechanics are generally solid minus a couple of odd design decisions (and being less halo-like than previous entries). Unfortunately the experience is so marred by terrible playlist management and maps that it's hard to get good games.

nillapuddin

Why is the transport hog never available in forge?

I understand it has practically nothing to offer offensively, but Id like to have it in customs.

its my favorite warthog :(

kylej

Banned
oh did Michael Sigler choke on another urn. I was out and missed it. RIP urn FrankerZ

edit. scanning his last run. Damn he even nailed a PERFECT lakitu bounce for the last RR star. ugh siggy PLEASE

nillapuddin

every time I have a transport hog available to me I do the same, I get a power weapon for all the marines/odsts and we roll out

Im the kinda campaign player who keeps my AI partners loaded up with the best weapons I can give em and use them to reload for me (infinite ammo)

I know Halo is all about the Chief, but I really enjoy having flak on two legs running around with me

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
A vote is never meaningless.*

Edit.: *Except you are living in a state where corruption(=money etc) is deciding the vote.
Actually, electoral college assures that a single vote is meaningless.

Oh well. Halo!

DeadNames

Banned
Bonus Round - BOps 2
Behind the Design: Multiplayer Redesigned?

Always an interesting watch. It's great to learn about the design process from the competition, but I hope there will be a Halo 4 special on there..

"going back to MP"

Dude. Just say multiplayer.

And if this game is as painstakingly bad as the first one, I'm not getting it.

You can cover a piece of shit in frosting, candles, sprinkles, candy, chocolate/caramel sauce all you want, but it's still a piece of shit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Top Bottom