• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

nillapuddin

I set up a q&d google spreadsheet on HBO so we could try and set up trades for pre-order stuff

Example Screenshot:
qampd_zpsbb1c71df.png

I included all the ingame items I could think of
(save some emblems)

Anyways I set one up for "us" here aswell, if it shows any promise Ill bridge them and hopefully we can set up some nice trades

quote for the link

Gray Man

Banned
I wouldn't call it saved yet.

Maybe I missed it, but we don't have confirmation that you can't start with a plasma pistol in your loadout.

You can call me out for not having played it, but being able to spawn with a weapon that can take out vehicles just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Frankie/Ellis could one of you guys answer this? Tawpgun brings up a really good point.

feel

You can start with a Plasma Pistol in your loadout. Frankie (or someone else from 343i) has used it as one of the reasons why the Mech is not overpowered.

I'm sure PP as a loadout option is in BTB/BTB-like modes. Keep in mind what we've seen of the PP's lock-on and tracking demonstrates a big change from its performance in Reach.

GhaleonEB

I'm sure PP as a loadout option is in BTB/BTB-like modes. Keep in mind what we've seen of the PP's lock-on and tracking demonstrates a big change from its performance in Reach.

I believe it's a standard weapon load out option, once unlocked (??). I saw it as an option on smaller maps.

I set up a q&d google spreadsheet on HBO so we could try and set up trades for pre-order stuff

Example Screenshot:

I included all the ingame items I could think of
(save some emblems)

Anyways I set one up for "us" here aswell, if it shows any promise Ill bridge them and hopefully we can set up some nice trades

quote for the link

Awesome! Thanks! I think Gamestop gets a BR skin as well.

Tawpgun

When using against vehicles, you don't need tracking. I never rely on tracking when using it on vehicles.

Someone has yet to justify how this could possibly be a good idea.

If what you all say is true, I'm gonna go ahead and call the update that will come for BTB banning the plasma pistol from loadouts.

Ramirez

When using against vehicles, you don't need tracking. I never rely on tracking when using it on vehicles.

Someone has yet to justify how this could possibly be a good idea.

If what you all say is true, I'm gonna go ahead and call the update that will come for BTB banning the plasma pistol from loadouts.

You act as if PP's are some rarity on BTB maps in the past. Valhalla had two in each base, it was simple to have one with you once you spawned...

I think you're grossly overestimating the amount of people who will actually sacrifice their second slot for a PP.

feel

Bummed out right now after being destroyed in 3 out of 4 games by teams of jetpackers, knowing they will return in Halo 4.

Ramirez

Bummed out right now after being destroyed in 3 out of 4 games by teams of jetpackers, knowing they will return in Halo 4.

They're nerfed, and the biggest problem with taking down a jetpacker (bloom!) is gone. I don't think they will be any where near the problem they are in Reach.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Outside of the plasma pistol for BTB, why wouldn't you go with the boltshot over the magnum?

Boltshot's a shotgun at close range, and the pistol has crippling bloom.

Vire

Outside of the plasma pistol for BTB, why wouldn't you go with the boltshot over the magnum?

Boltshot takes a lot more shots than the magnum.

I never had a problem with Pistol bloom in Reach, moreso the DMR.

I agree though, I'll probably use the Boltshot.

The pistol has a scope and I believe it kills quicker than the boltshot in general. Not a bad sidearm to have if you are using an AR type weapon primary.

So, I still have to say:

Ragnarok- Looks like a drought happened, its so drab and devoid of color compared to Valhalla

Abandon- Looks awesome but the structures stick out like a sore thumb

Meltdown- Looks amazing but... Uh.... Hm. Looks amazing. Oh! No Mantis?

Anyways, bring on FUD.

willow ve

They're nerfed, and the biggest problem with taking down a jetpacker (bloom!) is gone. I don't think they will be any where near the problem they are in Reach.

They will still be annoying. Although I thought Frankles said something about most of the jetpack routes can also be accomplished with jumping... so there is hope it won't be quite as asinine as in Reach where you have hover snipers.

The pistol has a scope and I believe it kills quicker than the boltshot in general. Not a bad sidearm to have if you are using an AR type weapon primary.

Error. Does not compute.

Ramirez

Is the bloom actually indicative of the shots? I've seen vids where the bloom on the pistol is way past the initial circle and the shots are still hitting. Might be because they're on LAN, but I find the inclusion of bloom on the DMR/Pistol puzzling because it doesn't seem to really affect them at all.

You will be forced to start with an AR type weapon for a bit, the good stuff is locked away at first. :(

Tawpgun

You act as if PP's are some rarity on BTB maps in the past. Valhalla had two in each base, it was simple to have one with you once you spawned...

I think you're grossly overestimating the amount of people who will actually sacrifice their second slot for a PP.

So that's 2 people with PP's on your team.

I don't think I'm overestimating people sacrificing their secondary for a PP. It's a versatile weapon. In BTB I would totally pick it over any other secondary. Only thing that might stop me is the firepower perk. I know if I ever ran with a party of 8 most of us would be sensible enough to use plasma pistols as secondaries.

I suppose we'll see, but the possibility of 8 people with plasma pistols is making me shed a tear that BTB isn't coming back...

I personally don't agree with this whole anti-jetpackers deal. When has a team on foot that is team shooting lost to a team of jetpackers team shooting? That's right hardly ever. I find it easy enough to use cover correctly and pick them off one by one or use the buddy system to focus on taking the easy ones out.

I think anti-jetpackers are just as frustrated when on a team of randoms and get mopped up by a regular team and jetpacks never enter into it.

Ramirez

So that's 2 people with PP's on your team.

I don't think I'm overestimating people sacrificing their secondary for a PP. It's a versatile weapon. In BTB I would totally pick it over any other secondary. Only thing that might stop me is the firepower perk. I know if I ever ran with a party of 8 most of us would be sensible enough to use plasma pistols as secondaries.

I suppose we'll see, but the possibility of 8 people with plasma pistols is making me shed a tear that BTB isn't coming back...

I'm not using a PP in small team or big team. Considering there doesn't seem to be BR/DMR spawns in the base on Valhalla, I think ammo is going to be hard to come by at times, especially if people are using different weapons than what you have. Firepower will probably be a huge advantage on big team maps. There are plenty of other ways to take out a vehicle than with a PP...

I personally don't agree with this whole anti-jetpackers deal. When has a team on foot that is team shooting lost to a team of jetpackers team shooting? That's right hardly ever.

I find it easy enough to use cover correctly and pick them off one by one or use the buddy system to focus on taking the easy ones out.

When someone complains about jetpackers ruining their day, it isn't your every day run of the mill random scrub. JP's are game breakers with good, coordinated teams who like to exploit parts of maps that are only accessible with the JP.

Havok

You will be forced to start with an AR type weapon for a bit, the good stuff is locked away at first. :(
I'm not sure that we know if that's the case quite yet, do we? Some of the recent videos showed the BR and DMR unlocking at SR-2, though I don't know if they speed up the progression for LAN play. If you get XP for Campaign like with Reach, there's a chance you'll be good to go by the time you finish it.

Tawpgun

I'm not using a PP in small team or big team. Considering there doesn't seem to be BR/DMR spawns in the base on Valhalla, I think ammo is going to be hard to come by at times, especially if people are using different weapons than what you have. Firepower will probably be a huge advantage on big team maps. There are plenty of other ways to take out a vehicle than with a PP...

When someone complains about jetpackers ruining their day, it isn't your every day run of the mill random scrub. JP's are game breakers with good, coordinated teams who like to exploit parts of maps that are only accessible with the JP.

I'd probably just pick up ammo/guns from dead bodies. If I could carry a P Pistol in BTB in Halo 3 and Reach I totally would. I would have no fear of vehicles.

I think each map/gametype will have preset loadouts to choose from so you'll be able to have a BR even if you haven't unlocked it for custom loadouts yet.

Sure, if they're getting to exploitable areas for their benefit then I can totally understand the frustration.

zap

Is the bloom actually indicative of the shots? I've seen vids where the bloom on the pistol is way past the initial circle and the shots are still hitting. Might be because they're on LAN, but I find the inclusion of bloom on the DMR/Pistol puzzling because it doesn't seem to really affect them at all.

Stay in SpOps until you unloick the BR. Then you're set =)

Fuchsdh

Stay in SpOps until you unloick the BR. Then you're set =)

I assume 343i haven't detailed how the weapon unlocked work exactly? The reasoning they gave behind it in a Sparkcast (?) was to try and prod people into using all the weapons, so it doesn't sound like there's much grind involved. Maybe every nine or ten games or so another item gets unlocked?

feel

Biggest problem for me is that people use them to make a mockery out of map design, intended sightlines, etc

Gray Man

Banned
I'd probably just pick up ammo/guns from dead bodies. If I could carry a P Pistol in BTB in Halo 3 and Reach I totally would. I would have no fear of vehicles.

You know what seemed REALLY cool though on the IGN Meltdown play through, when the guy used thruster pack to get into cover from the ghost.

I wonder how Hard Light Shield will play against vehicles, can you take a wraith blast? A tank shell?

I'm also glad camo is back, nothing is more hilarious than Splatters that you didn't expect.

Top Bottom