• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

watership

No Theater in campaign mode? Holy Shit. It's one of my favourite things about Halo since 3. Wow. I'm extremely disappointed by this news.

2375450172_f651693441.jpg

2375450056_43056d2947.jpg

2342810575_a9b7940e89.jpg

5010116127_7d3f39bbdc.jpg

Depressing.

Rtas

Finally got round to doing a full playthrough of every halo I own including Halo 2 PC and Halo CE PC. So much nostalgia and amazingness. So pumped for Nov 6th

MrDaravon

Oh god! No campaign scoring?? What's next no campaign theater?

Ahahahaha

At this point I'm so far beyond being upset or disappointed about anything regarding the game that I'm now really looking forward to it in this really morbid way. Even entertaining keeping my LE pre-order to complete the circle.

MrDaravon

In the first patch they will actually get rid of scoring in War Games, and replace all stats with either a picture of a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

Clay Spartan Armor.

Honestly if the Season Pass in the LE included the two helmets that you got for buying it individually I would probably keep my LE out of laziness if nothing else.

They should rebrand it. SmartGlass isn't short enough. They should use a single word that signifies two devices working together, like "U" for union/unison, then allow you to have buttons on the second screen device so you don't have to swap between a controller and a phone.

I like SmartGlass, kind of like looking through a window but with intelligence. It's only a few syllables so it's quick to say too ;)

Vire

Wait no campaign scoring? Can't tell what's a joke here and what's not...

Wow, that really would be unfortunate if true. I love that feature.

Bsigg12

Well, there's skulls. To me, skulls are just bonus points for scoring anymore, nothing more. Why have skulls and no scoring? So, until that has been proven without a doubt to not be there, I won't believe it.

Flipyap

And that's actually embarassing you? I mean, do you just hate every easter egg or just the ones that don't tickle your fnny bone?
I can't believe you actually need somebody to explain to you what makes stealing overplayed "jokes" lame and unfunny.
I feel like I should write something about how these things don't belong in any semi-respectable work of fiction or loosely defined "art", but that would just be a waste of everyone's time.
I don't find this stuff to be funny, but I'm also not trying to tell you that you can't keep giggling at taking arrows to all your base or whatever it is you're repeating this week. By all means, have fun. Knock yourself out.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I can't believe you actually need somebody to explain to you what makes stealing overplayed "jokes" lame and unfunny.
I feel like I should write something about how these things don't belong in any semi-respectable work of fiction or loosely defined "art", but that would just be a waste of everyone's time.
I don't find this stuff to be funny, but I'm also not trying to tell you that you can't keep giggling at taking arrows to all your base or whatever it is you're repeating this week. By all means, have fun. Knock yourself out.

Man, you must REALLY hate borderlands 2.

Enfinit

Now fire away at your criticisms of me, I deserve it.

I agree with you 100%, although there is a point to be made that they're making the game for us. Your analogy of having a friend make something that took years is exactly how I feel as well, however if he was making it for you, based on what you liked/disliked, then it's a different story.

However, I agree nonetheless. Constructive criticism is healthy and oftentimes encouraged - most people just go about it the wrong way. Many consumers forget that behind every product and service there's people, just like you and I, that produce these services to try and make our lives easier and more enjoyable. It bugs the hell out of me when they treat these people with such disrespect. Great post, heckfu.

feel

RIP cortanalover65 from halopicshub.com forum, that after reading the sad news took his life earlier today and changed into a productive one by deleting his account, going outside and looking for a job.

I'm feeling salty recently, but I have to say that overall 343 has blown me away with Halo 4. I think we are in for a hell of a game. Im not happy with very decision of theirs, nor their lack of transparency at times, but I have crazy respect for what they have pulled off thus far. November 6th cannot come soon enough.

FUCK, why can't Awakening be in the game? It's like, top three.

Wait, its not? Like at all? Its an good track, what the hell. Well, at least the rest of the soundtrack seems pretty awesome also.

Nope, this is Dimah Tchalova.

270px-FUD_Dimah_Tchakova_2.jpg

An attractive...what?

FUD Episode 3 spoiler
.................................. RIP :'( .................................

Hah that was fun as always. However..

I think the textures just look quirky with the lighting going on, but in something like this it makes everything look very solid coloured and plain.

uAzjJ.jpg

..that looks awful. Are they made out of crayons? The armor does not look like metal...or anything close to metal. Weird.

I don't think 343 ever just changes thing cause they can. They think their changes are improvements. They just have a very different idea of what makes a good Halo game than most of us do.

And, like many have pointed out, it's probably better that they're sticking to their guns and not trying to please everyone. But they could at least let us drop the flag in customs, turn of white text, and customize our control scheme...
Eh.... Some of the redesigns come to mind.

Wait, what? For realz?

:(

edit:
Mw1PG.png

:(

WhhhaAAtttt? Blah.

I've already expressed on Twitter how I feel. It sucks there isn't theatre for campaign. I don't know of anyone who would want that gone but I'm sure there is a reason.

I'm on my phone so ill have to make it brief but the rhetoric in here is incredible. Calling people who make the game assholes and idiots is terrible. These people are more than friendly and have extended more time, money, and effort to be inclusive to me at events and online than any other company, so I feel compelled to say that criticism is fine, in fact I encourage it, but at least in a respectful discourse.

"Oh god Heck is such a slurper," fine. But I consider these folks as close to friends as I could. If your friend at home made something, like seriously made something that took years, would you call them a fucking idiot because they didn't include your vision in what they were making for you? Probably not. You'd voice your opinion and so forth but this is on a much larger scale.

Again, I agree it sucks that there is no theatre for campaign. I only used it a handful of times but having the option would've been nice.

See how easy it is to say without being a complete jag?

Now fire away at your criticisms of me, I deserve it.

Well said. I am bitter over some things with Halo 4, and I am not happy with the way 343 has dealt with some things but some people really can be fucking rude. I highly doubt 343 said fuck theater, nobody will care.. They obviously had a decent reason. Im also salty about them not telling us sooner, but once again there is a way to vocalized these things.

Whaa!? Outta nowhere! Hype!

No Theater in campaign mode? Holy Shit. It's one of my favourite things about Halo since 3. Wow. I'm extremely disappointed by this news.

2375450172_f651693441.jpg

2375450056_43056d2947.jpg

2342810575_a9b7940e89.jpg

5010116127_7d3f39bbdc.jpg

Depressing.

I know. It fucking sucks. ='(

day one purchase

I'm pessimistic as anyone, but there's no way this game isn't leagues ahead of its competition.

The Halo netcode combined with the shielded player mechanics at least means it's the best and most viable online console game out there to play online "competitively", especially for international players.

For me playing from Australia no other game has ever delivered the quality of game/player matches. Once I add the Halo gameplay into it it's a no brainer this is the best game out there for me.

I always hated Gears but I understand GOW3 was a beast too.

m23

So the gameplay trailer I assume would be the one Stinkles was hinting at being similar to that epic Halo 2 trailer. I can't find his quote but something to the extent of "Also there will be a gameplay trailer for folks who remember that there are those who said this day would never come." Lot's of depressing news today, so hopefully the trailer will lighten the mood.

I can't believe it's not butter.
I feel like chicken tonight.
I doooon't beliiieve it!

Lighten up and enjoy the games while they are still semi-respectable. When Master Chief flies his roflcopter into a Halo, call me up and I'll console you. Until then, enjoy the easter eggs for what they are; Easter eggs. Not really that canon you care about.

No campaign scoring too? Oh come on.
Here's what I'm hoping for now:

-Spartan Ops, the biggest addition to the franchise to date, is going to receive a lot of love. Theater, scoring, subsequent seasons, etc.
-Keep the Campaign very separate and focus on making it look and play as beautifully as possible within the boundaries of the current system. If certain things have to be axed in order to pour as much of that new story and experience into a crisp campaign a la CE, then so be it and hope for more on the next system. I'm gonna miss campaign theater, believe me.

feel

So the gameplay trailer I assume would be the one Stinkles was hinting at being similar to that epic Halo 2 trailer. I can't find his quote but something to the extent of "Also there will be a gameplay trailer for folks who remember that there are those who said this day would never come." Lot's of depressing news today, so hopefully the trailer will lighten the mood.
I'm already happy just thinking of the absolutely sick drops that will make gentle love to my ears in said trailer.

m23

I'm already happy just thinking of the absolutely sick drops that will make gentle love to my ears in said trailer.

The music chosen for this ad may very well be the music that will be associated with the game, let's see what they go with. Hopefully it's online quick since I don't have FX.

Wait are you serious?

So no new skulls. No viewable in-game terminals (disappointing, but the explanation of why at least makes sense), no SP theater, no campaign scoring, no assault, no race (or VIP to force it), no actual ranked MM (1-50, arena, "343Ranks R' Us", etc).

Am I missing anything else that literally is just absent from the game? I've got salt in my Slurpee right now and its no margarita.

heckfu

Banned
I just left GameStop and got super jazzed because I saw some guys on the fence about Halo 4 watch the trailer in store, get hyped, preorder, and call friends to preorder.

That's awesome.

Beckx

Here's what I'm hoping for now:

-Spartan Ops, the biggest addition to the franchise to date, is going to receive a lot of love. Theater, scoring, subsequent seasons, etc.
-Keep the Campaign very separate and focus on making it look and play as beautifully as possible within the boundaries of the current system. If certain things have to be axed in order to pour as much of that new story and experience into a crisp campaign a la CE, then so be it and hope for more on the next system. I'm gonna miss campaign theater, believe me.

This is generally the attitude I'm trying to take. A *lot* is riding on SpOps.

One of my HBO friends has been organizing co-op playthroughs of Reach, ODST and now H3 over the last year. Scoring and films play a big role in that. Hopefully SpOps will fill that void.

Vire

I just left GameStop and got super jazzed because I saw some guys on the fence about Halo 4 watch the trailer in store, get hyped, preorder, and call friends to preorder.

That's awesome.

Wait till he finds out there's no Theater mode for Campaign!

lol

-No campaign theater
-No campaign scoring
-No dongblain achievement

Tough days for news, but getting past these ugh live action/CGI trailers/ads to get to the real shit, the shit that can move copies off the shelves is great news.

That's awesome.
I just left GameStop and saw some guys pissing in an alley and eating food out of a garbage bin. We live near different GameStops.

Moa

-No campaign theater
-No campaign scoring
-No dongblain achievement

Tough days for news, but getting past these ugh live action/CGI trailers/ads to get to the real shit, the shit that can move copies off the shelves is great news.

:/

Finally got around to pre-ordering. Went with Best Buy because I had $5.00 of rewards zone bonus and the Venator/Raptor is pretty nasty. Hath I made the correct decision?

Yes, yes I did.

Kibbles

I think the textures just look quirky with the lighting going on, but in something like this it makes everything look very solid coloured and plain.

uAzjJ.jpg

Wii version confirmed.

Does SoA start at the :37 mark mentioned, or is that the exact time the commercial is going to air?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom