• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loginius

Hmmm. So in the "stream" he's been doing all custom games via "system link" and yet he's still earning Sparty Points and leveling up. Does this mean if I have two controllers and some clever rubber bands I can play a 10 hour overnight oddball game where I hold the ball for 10 hours and rank up to ultimate Sparty mode?

Probably the same way it is in Reach as long as you are not online you gain Points (Cr) a lot faster and for more stuff.
As soon as you go online it will tell you that you have to reset your progression if you want to play.
If you do it you will then not get as much cR from offline activitys again.

Edit:
Beaten - should refresh before posting.

Tawpgun

Wait so last map pack is THIS April... do we have a spin off Halo game coming next fall or something? We'll be playing the same maps until Halo 5, which who knows when that will be.

Wait so last map pack is THIS April... do we have a spin off Halo game coming next fall or something? We'll be playing the same maps until Halo 5, which who knows when that will be.
No, they'll want us to transition to whatever Gears title or some other, perhaps new Shooter IP.
Halo 5 in 2 years, but hopefully not.

Ramirez

I'm sure there will be multiple seasons...I doubt MS hates free money.

Who said Castle Map Pack is the last map pack for Halo 4? And there is still Spartan Ops.

Map packs runs out right around the time the new Gears hit, which you buy the season pass for that, and the cycle continues

cocamola

Banned
Guys, I just heard from a stream that Team Slayer doesn't have a toggle to disable teams and Regicide's replaced it completely... :(

This is false. Taken from a previous stream.
teamsa.png

Duji

BigShow did not like H2 either. He wants a CE clone. He has stated this numerous times.
Where did he state this? This is an obvious straw man fallacy and it makes my brain hurt.

What he wants Halo to have:
- Fast kill times (0.4-1.0 second minimum kill times)
- Difficult aiming (unlike H2)
- A skillful melee system (like CE)
- A good strafe & crouch (preferably an insta-strafe & insta-crouch)
- A game not based on who-sees-who-first (like CoD)
- No random BS (H3 BR spread)
- No OP equipment (regen)
- No OP AAs (armour lock)
- Gametypes & maps that are fair AND promote movement (CTF: yes, Regicide: no)
- A big skill gap (Quake: yes, CoD: no)
edit: - Fast movement (CE: yes, Reach: no)

You know, it's possible to fulfill all of the above and make a game that is completely different from CE? See: Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. BigShow just believes that those core concepts should remain intact and that we should expand on them. Expanding should be done by upgrading forge, creating weapons that add to the sandbox, creating AAs/equipment that make the game more competitive, creating new gametypes, having an MM experience where people of similar skill are matched up, adding a spectator mode, upping the graphics (not marginally like CoD), adding a custom games finder, etc.

The list at the top actually used to be the core principles of of Halo back in the day, but so much has been changed. Like, imagine a CoD game where every weapon kill time was upped by 1 second. The original fans would be in an outrage and CoD wouldn't be CoD anymore. Their anger would be justified since the developers just gave their original audience -- who helped bring success to the franchise -- the shaft.

I lose a few brain cells whenever someone says BigShow wants a CE clone.

BigShow36

Where did he state this? This is an obvious straw man fallacy and it makes my brain hurt.

What he wants Halo to have:
- Fast kill times (0.4-1.0 second minimum kill times)
- Difficult aiming (unlike H2)
- A skillful melee system (like CE)
- A good strafe & crouch (preferably an insta-strafe & insta-crouch)
- A game not based on who-sees-who-first (like CoD)
- No random BS (H3 BR spread)
- No OP equipment (regen)
- No OP AAs (armour lock)
- Gametypes & maps that are fair AND promote movement (CTF: yes, Regicide: no)
- A big skill gap (Quake: yes, CoD: no)

You know, it's possible to fulfill all of the above and make a game that is completely different from CE? See: Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. BigShow just believes that those core concepts should remain intact and that we should expand on them. Expanding should be done by upgrading forge, creating weapons that add to the sandbox, creating AAs/equipment that make the game more competitive, creating new gametypes, having an MM experience where people of similar skill are matched up, adding a spectator mode, upping the graphics (not marginally like CoD), adding a custom games finder, etc.

The list at the top actually used to be the core principles of of Halo back in the day, but so much has been changed. Like, imagine a CoD game where every weapon kill time was upped by 1 second. The original fans would be in an outrage and CoD wouldn't be CoD anymore. Their anger would be justified since the developers just gave their original audience -- who helped bring success to the franchise -- the shaft.

I lose a few brain cells whenever someone says BigShow wants a CE clone.

What is this? Logic and understanding on GAF?

Next you're going to be telling everyone that you can accomplish all that without alienating casual fans.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Not true. There was a stream playing Infinitu FFA a week or two ago. I remember because it was a huge clusterfuck.

FFA has always been pretty much that I guess, it'll probably be less affected by ordnance than TS.

Thank goodness it's still in, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom